Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has probably already been posted, but it is one of the most entertaining videos I have seen regarding the Model S. The graphics work done on this video is awesome.

You can stop watching at about 3 minutes in, unless you want to learn more about the Cadillac.

Love Jason Cammisa's reviews! Hoping he does a Plaid review at some point.

Ok. My return got delayed and am still abroad, but they’ve put up EDDs for me again. Will need to push out if not back and NF VIN not provided for this car. This pretty much should kill the rumors of those paying less not getting cars (I’m 12k under current pricing) and being cast to back of line if you can’t make the slot post VIN.

View attachment 732983

Wow. Is this some sort of psycho stress test on the part of Tesla?

Hoping no more "Y" entries for you tommorow.

Are you confident you can get a NF VIN without going back to the end of the line?

This has probably already been posted, but it is one of the most entertaining videos I have seen regarding the Model S. The graphics work done on this video is awesome.

You can stop watching at about 3 minutes in, unless you want to learn more about the Cadillac.

Very entertaining! I enjoyed the Cadillac segment especially.

Wow. Is this some sort of psycho stress test on the part of Tesla?

Hoping no more "Y" entries for you tommorow.

Are you confident you can get a NF VIN without going back to the end of the line?
At this point, given where we sit in 2021, I won’t take anything but an NF.

I’m getting remarkably patient in my old age. :)

I don’t understand the obsession with 2021 vs 2022 VIN. If you can afford a $150k car, why worry about $5k resale value? Assuming the car stays the same
At this point of the year where next year VIN’s are being sold, people want to maximize their resale value when they come time to sell their vehicle. It’s their car/money. If they want to focus on VIN year, they have the right too.

Follow up on the USB-C/wireless charging pad issue on Recent MY and M3 delivery.

Took delivery of our ‘22 M3P and happy report that all USB-C ports are present and functional. Wireless charging pads work fine.

Couple of notes - fit and finish still not great. Paint is nearly flawless in comparison with my ‘21 M3LR but panel gaps not so great. Door window interior panel on the driver side of the car is noticeably misaligned/higher. Frunk panel gap uneven and I noticed the same on many others in the lot.

On a different note - saw a black on white Model S Plaid. It looks amazing!!! Enjoy your new ride who ever you are the lucky owner!!

Hey all - it’s my turn for a rant and being frustrated with Tesla. Also, need some advice from all you cool fellow crazies.

Rant: I ordered my Model S LR 21” blue/ cream/ FSD on June 14th. RN 115145xxx. After all the bouncing around my EDD was stable for a few weeks at Nov 11 - Dec 1. Couple of days ago it changed to Nov 25 - Dec 23. I spoke to a SA today and he told me in his system he sees “mid Dec to mid Jan” for me. So freaking frustrating! And I live 30 min from Fremont. I am so done with the wait and feeling like an idiot constantly checking my Tesla Account that I am going to not even look at my account page anymore, let them text me whenever the VIN is assigned and I will take delivery. Meanwhile, I need to decide my second car between a Y and an X. This is where I need some advice…

Advice Needed:

I am a single guy, no spouse/ kids. I was originally wanting the refreshed SLR and an XLR to have a sedan and an SUV combination. XLR is currently expected in April, but who knows it may not come until October 2022. And the SLR is anybody’s guess (as discussed above).

Currently I have only one car BMW x4 M40i.

I have a Model YLR order on hold which, if released, will get me a Model Y within two weeks. So the questions are:

1. Should I go ahead and take delivery of the Model Y and then take delivery of the SLR whenever it arrives (Dec end or Jan for that matter)?
2. I do take road trips with my Partner who lives 2 hours away. He and I enjoy driving down to LA and Palm Springs so my question is: Is the Model YLR a much harsher ride than the Model X? Is it advisable to wait for the XLR? I could theoretically keep YLR for city driving and
3. Rumors I heard about air suspension coming to the Model Y - have you heard that? What’s your guess?

Bottom line is: I can’t decide if I should wait for the S and then the X and stick with that combination (while selling the BMW when the X arrives) or get the Model Y and then the S and sell my BMW and be happy with an S and Y combination.

Additional consideration: my Model Y pricing is from March 2020 so perhaps $7-$8k cheaper.

Any advice would be much appreciated! 🙏🏽

Hey all - it’s my turn for a rant and being frustrated with Tesla. Also, need some advice from all you cool fellow crazies.

Rant: I ordered my Model S LR 21” blue/ cream/ FSD on June 14th. RN 115145xxx. After all the bouncing around my EDD was stable for a few weeks at Nov 11 - Dec 1. Couple of days ago it changed to Nov 25 - Dec 23. I spoke to a SA today and he told me in his system he sees “mid Dec to mid Jan” for me. So freaking frustrating! And I live 30 min from Fremont. I am so done with the wait and feeling like an idiot constantly checking my Tesla Account that I am going to not even look at my account page anymore, let them text me whenever the VIN is assigned and I will take delivery. Meanwhile, I need to decide my second car between a Y and an X. This is where I need some advice…

Advice Needed:

I am a single guy, no spouse/ kids. I was originally wanting the refreshed SLR and an XLR to have a sedan and an SUV combination. XLR is currently expected in April, but who knows it may not come until October 2022. And the SLR is anybody’s guess (as discussed above).

Currently I have only one car BMW x4 M40i.

I have a Model YLR order on hold which, if released, will get me a Model Y within two weeks. So the questions are:

1. Should I go ahead and take delivery of the Model Y and then take delivery of the SLR whenever it arrives (Dec end or Jan for that matter)?
2. I do take road trips with my Partner who lives 2 hours away. He and I enjoy driving down to LA and Palm Springs so my question is: Is the Model YLR a much harsher ride than the Model X? Is it advisable to wait for the XLR? I could theoretically keep YLR for city driving and
3. Rumors I heard about air suspension coming to the Model Y - have you heard that? What’s your guess?

Bottom line is: I can’t decide if I should wait for the S and then the X and stick with that combination (while selling the BMW when the X arrives) or get the Model Y and then the S and sell my BMW and be happy with an S and Y combination.

Additional consideration: my Model Y pricing is from March 2020 so perhaps $7-$8k cheaper.

Any advice would be much appreciated! 🙏🏽
Great position you are in. Take delivery of the Y. Push MSLR delivery until ‘22 VIN. Sell the Y when you want to take the delivery of X in late 22 or 23. Most likely you won’t lose much money on the Y; Meanwhile you are pretty much driving the Y for free.