Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of last night, ordering a Plaid with FSD and with the $4500 cast alloy wheels would get you delivery in about 3 weeks from now.
Higher priced cars take precedent over lower priced
LOL, I just checked again today. Now for the LR white with black interior it says "June 2022" with the 21" wheels but if you change to 19" wheels it pushes to October, despite changing absolutely nothing else.

So sticking with 21" wheels somehow buys you 4 months (as of today). :rolleyes:

I suspect it is closer to 1020 HP at the wheels. Someone posted much higher kW numbers from the battery.
That might have been me lol! I mentioned that yesterday. Yeah it makes just over 800kW from the battery (2300amps*355v under load=just over 800,000 Watts), and after losses makes around 1,020 hp at the motor shafts, and around 990hp to the wheels. Here's like the holy grail of posts that really helped me put it all together:

Last EOQ, I was shown a list of 6 Plaids in Los Angeles that were immediately available. There was nothing on the Tesla inventory page.

Depends on the Seldom Accurate (SA) person you talk to. Some will deny this is possible.

I'll be going to a store and SvC (Wish me luck) today and can inquire if anyone is interested.
Love the definition of SA!

LOL, I just checked again today. Now for the LR white with black interior it says "June 2022" with the 21" wheels but if you change to 19" wheels it pushes to October, despite changing absolutely nothing else.

So sticking with 21" wheels somehow buys you 4 months (as of today). :rolleyes:
FWIW I ordered the MY for my wife - it said June, 2022 and the next morning said March - April. If I knew that, I might have saved the grand for the white interior to push it earlier (than November, 2022) as I wanted it around August.

For your viewing pleasure today, belongs to store employee.

"When you get your Plaid it will be Christmas, and all the past will be forgotten"

Jason, Camarillo SA (Super Awesome)

Attachments

• IMG_20211116_114003617_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211116_114003617_HDR.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20211116_113944913_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211116_113944913_HDR.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 62
Very happy to share.. got my VIN assigned (5YJSA1E58MF456***) half an hr back... also got an email for ".. submission of final payment...." The website is saying to submit a secure payment for your Tesla directly from my checking or savings account.... I was assuming I'll take a cashier's check on the day of delivery...
@Kondo ... did you get your VIN too?

Very happy to share.. got my VIN assigned (5YJSA1E58MF456***) half an hr back... also got an email for ".. submission of final payment...." The website is saying to submit a secure payment for your Tesla directly from my checking or savings account.... I was assuming I'll take a cashier's check on the day of delivery...
looks like VINs are starting to finally move west, there is hope for us yet.

Well ok, there's of course restrictions with TC fighting with tire traction. That's why everyone says it hits harder at speed rather than in a launch. They could be limiting it (they probably are for longevity), but if they did unlock it, it's not like we'd see 8s all of a sudden. Now if they coupled that with more power, that would be more like 8 second material. I'm quite certain that may be restricting the car for maximum repeatability. Even when the power increases come, they will likely still restrict some part of that to maintain that same Plaid feel that everyone will have gotten used to by then.
I also believe however that you may be feeling what is a long ramp of power. The Plaid doesn't make peak until 70 mph, and that's the "act 2" that everyone describes, as the full 1,020 hp is being output at that time:View attachment 733593
The TC fighting traction being the cause I would disagree with. I have not found traction to be a huge factor at a prepped track, unless it's a hugely obvious traction loss. Most people have very similar 60' times with the cars too. They are really almost eerie in how repeatable the times are, with only SOC slowly slowing down the runs.

Also, there is no sudden hit of power at the launch. Even not at the peak of the motor's efficiency it is generating so much torque that the actual holeshot could be very violent, but obviously Tesla does not want that and neither do consumers.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I believe there is a lot of ET to be gained if the car launched harder. I think it would be risky and components would reach their mechanical limits. But I truly believe there is a lot of 1/4 mile time left in the car, at least on the component level. But I'm the first to admit that I think there are a lot of other limitations in EV's that do not correlate with ICE vehicles and that I certainly do not understand these limitations like I do with ICE vehicles, energy transfer being an example.

FWIW my neighbor/buddy has had a whole slew of Teslas, and he presently has the MYP and the Plaid (and his wife has the Taycan), He let me drive all 3 last Tuesday night - his Plaid had 51 miles on it (I only floored it 3 times!) :)
Anyway, yesterday (6 days after receipt) he mentioned he didn't love the yoke, was looking into steering wheel replacements, and also considering dumping the Plaid and getting the Audi e-tron - WTF?
I just thought it was interesting.
Me? I had a S eating grin from ear to ear when I drove that puppy - and an arthritic like grip on the yoke - by the 3rd stomping, and I jest not, i was squeezing the back of it really hard - wondering if there should be some element of a brake back there. Like white knuckle time.
I thought about making him an offer, but naw. I want my MS. LR, not LR, who knows anymore?

I did not .. was out of town yesterday and got bumped AGAIN to Estimated Delivery: November 22 - December 06 ... I might have to take a drive to Glendale and see if they know anything ... I am fearful the end of the year will be here and no delivery but a $5000 increase in state registration fee.

I did not .. was out of town yesterday and got bumped AGAIN to Estimated Delivery: November 22 - December 06 ... I might have to take a drive to Glendale and see if they know anything ... I am fearful the end of the year will be here and no delivery but a $5000 increase in state registration fee.
reading about that now. OUCH

The TC fighting traction being the cause I would disagree with. I have not found traction to be a huge factor at a prepped track, unless it's a hugely obvious traction loss. Most people have very similar 60' times with the cars too. They are really almost eerie in how repeatable the times are, with only SOC slowly slowing down the runs.

Also, there is no sudden hit of power at the launch. Even not at the peak of the motor's efficiency it is generating so much torque that the actual holeshot could be very violent, but obviously Tesla does not want that and neither do consumers.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I believe there is a lot of ET to be gained if the car launched harder. I think it would be risky and components would reach their mechanical limits. But I truly believe there is a lot of 1/4 mile time left in the car, at least on the component level. But I'm the first to admit that I think there are a lot of other limitations in EV's that do not correlate with ICE vehicles and that I certainly do not understand these limitations like I do with ICE vehicles, energy transfer being an example.
Oh I see your point for sure, and the Plaid is absolutely being limited. But TC is absolutely still a factor. Remember, this is instant torque. You could have 400mm width drag radials on a prepped surface, and an EV this powerful will still instantly light up the tires. I used to be super into RC cars, and they illustrate this to a tee. You give it full throttle and it instantly lights up the tires. So imagine what's happening with the street tires on the Plaid.
So what I mean by this is there is always limiting going on, even if you can't feel it. The TC is just that good. So, extra torque would maybe play a minor role down low, but not much more, and I doubt Tesla would really see the value in bumping up torque like crazy. It would maybe bring the 0-60 down by a couple tenths, but the extra power would be felt and shown in the ET after that. I totally believe the car is limited after 60 mph, but there is only so much that can happen before. I hope we'll some some type of increase soon!🙂

5000 registration fee? Who passed that legislation? All that's going to do is kill car sales in your state. My lord...

Good news! I now have an appointment to pick up my MSLR! There were appointments a couple of days earlier, but my daughter wants to go with me to get it. So, December 2nd is the big day! Talked to the electrician today and the NEMA 14-50R will be installed in the garage the day before Thanksgiving. It's taken 6 months, but things are finally coming together.