Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Tigers Congrats Dude! You totally deserve this bas ass MoFo of a car. Just TG this didn't happen to you...
giphy.gif

I'm sitting at the same date, after 16 date changes, I don't really trust it. A bit stressed due to the amount of travelling for the holidays I've got planned. I'm going to be super disappointed if it magically shows up while I'm out of state for a week and tell me to go pound sand cause I missed the window by a day.
EDD Changed from Nov 21 - Dec 19 to

Estimated Delivery: December 09 - December 31​

Last edited:
OT rant but should help those waiting for delivery that they can relax since they have not been put through any of this yet...

My wonderful Blue Poo is back in the SC. Had it for it for almost 4 days before going back in. This time the screens went blank and heat went and stayed on high - no way to adjust). Diagnosing it now.

List of parts replaced since end of June delivery: two drivers mirrors, dash speaker grill, rear window, third brake light, entire center console, frunk latch, and main usb card (inside). Adjusted: driver's door glass and trim (3x), rear passenger door trim, and rear seat latches. Still open with no idea how to fix: park sensors, vibration in driveline, and shaking mirror. Do not forget all the undelivered promises.

I love the car but I hate the car.

Elon truly hates me. But at least no yoke vein...

OT rant but should help those waiting for delivery that they can relax since they have not been put through any of this yet...

My wonderful Blue Poo is back in the SC. Had it for it for almost 4 days before going back in. This time the screens went blank and heat went and stayed on high - no way to adjust). Diagnosing it now.

List of parts replaced since end of June delivery: two drivers mirrors, dash speaker grill, rear window, third brake light, entire center console, frunk latch, and main usb card (inside). Adjusted: driver's door glass and trim (3x), rear passenger door trim, and rear seat latches. Still open with no idea how to fix: park sensors, vibration in driveline, and shaking mirror. Do not forget all the undelivered promises.

@Hayseed_MS But, does your car vibrate at 38-48 mph, steady-state driving?

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Wow...this will remind me to:

Must...not...accept...EOQ delivery!

The driveline vibrates on acceleration at those speeds.
@Hayseed_MS If you haven't already done so, please register your vin range in the Poll thread. Thanks!

For those wondering, here's a problem description!

• Vibration felt in accelerator pedal; passenger’s also feel it on the floor and through the console.
  • Occurs: between 38 – 58+ mph
  • Conditions: Constant speed (e.g., holding 43-47 mph +/-), or under very slight acceleration in this range, especially after transition from regen (green bar) to slight acceleration (bit of gray bar)
  • Frequency: Occurs more than 50% of the time; varies in intensity from drive to drive
  • Started: Developed around the 2000 mile odo mark
  • “Feels” more of an electrical issue (DU, inverter, controller of some sort) than mechanical, but Tesla SC “supposedly” replaced half shafts and did a 4-wheel alignment (Did not fix the problem)…
  • Not tires as condition existed with delivered summer tires and SC installed all season Continentals
  • Not alignment as car tracks fine, although yoke is not centered; now skewed slightly right (after SC visit).

Dog seat covers for the refresh S?

Also any suggestions for temporary waterproof seat covers or something to use after the gym when sweating?

Trying to accumulate all the accessories needed prior to delivery day
I bought the dog seat covers on the Tesla store. Said it fits the refresh S. I haven't opened the box yet, it also said it fit the Model 3, so got it ahead of delivery incase I decided to take dogs in my 3. The quality looked good on their website, think it was like $150 or something, the part that I really liked is it covers right below the window where my dogs nails have made indents in my model 3, so not letting that happen if I let them into my Model S.

I bought the dog seat covers on the Tesla store. Said it fits the refresh S. I haven't opened the box yet, it also said it fit the Model 3, so got it ahead of delivery incase I decided to take dogs in my 3. The quality looked good on their website, think it was like $150 or something, the part that I really liked is it covers right below the window where my dogs nails have made indents in my model 3, so not letting that happen if I let them into my Model S.

Here is the seat towel I got, but in white, for you folks that like that sort of thing.

that's the problem, you're missing the worm which is like the sacrificial anode on a boat. once they install the worm, it will attract all the problems and you'll be fine.
the worm increases in size as it absorbs the EMI and other issues with the car.
I'm sure someone will comment on increasing worm sizes on this forum...if they read this.

that's the problem, you're missing the worm which is like the sacrificial anode on a boat. once they install the worm, it will attract all the problems and you'll be fine.
the worm increases in size as it absorbs the EMI and other issues with the car.
I'm sure someone will comment on increasing worm sizes on this forum...if they read this.

and cue @Bill Price

Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Frunk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fight to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle :)

More photos to come post tint, PPF and ceramic.
IMG_1778.jpg IMG_1779.jpg IMG_1780.jpg

wow VIN and delivery this week! I was under this impression it was more like 15 days or so VIN -> delivery typically! Maybe there is still a tiny slim little chance I can get VIN and delivery before my road trip lol
A further update to your comment. The car is on a truck that left Fremont this AM and I will be able to take delivery either Wednesday or Friday, so two or four days from VIN (and only 4 because of the holiday) so as my friends in Massachusetts would say, “Wicked fast”