Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, absolutely. Especially when driving directly into the sun. It seems there’s a hazy film on the inside. Was like that at delivery and I’m trying to live with it. Some have said 99% alcohol would remove it. I’m afraid it’s built into the glass for some reason.
I’ll give the alcohol a try. I had the same issue on the X but I thought it was overspray from the certified shop they sent it for bodywork. Looking back I’m thinking it may had been there before but I didn’t notice. Tesla (or the shop) replaced the windshield and it was fine.

The Y had it also but I didn’t report it within 100 miles so Tesla refused to do anything. The fact it’s only visible in direct sunlight makes it hard to detect.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes, absolutely. Especially when driving directly into the sun. It seems there’s a hazy film on the inside. Was like that at delivery and I’m trying to live with it. Some have said 99% alcohol would remove it. I’m afraid it’s built into the glass for some reason.

I’ll give the alcohol a try. I had the same issue on the X but I thought it was overspray from the certified shop they sent it for bodywork. Looking back I’m thinking it may had been there before but I didn’t notice. Tesla (or the shop) replaced the windshield and it was fine.

The Y had it also but I didn’t report it within 100 miles so Tesla refused to do anything. The fact it’s only visible in direct sunlight makes it hard to detect.
I've got it too. I'll be trying this (mentioned on TMC some 1000 pgs back): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VVT4569/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A1YQVS9LMFGEAK&psc=1

T
Here in Austin the pickup center is in a parking lot of a massive church near Tesla. Have you thought of having a friend video around the outside so you can see it then accepting it in the app without physically being there in person? You could then drive it away once you get back.

If you didn’t have a friend to do that you could always accept delivery from the app sight unseen then document all the fixes when you arrive (obviously more risky).

I had to accept delivery in the app then use the app to unlock the doors before I could inspect the inside. I drove to the “pickup center” (the pic is of my car but you can see it’s just a parking lot full of Teslas), did a walk around, then accepted delivery from the app. There wasn’t a Tesla employee in sight either time I was there.
thank you, i have some friends that offered to pick up, or I could ask the service center to keep,it in the back if they would, but see no reason to have to do,this. I figure 5% chance I’d reject a car (if SIGNIFICANT issues). If I lose the vin, I’ll get another a week or month or few months later. Namaste. I just have to chill. Might also let me try auto trader, where I MIGHT make another $10k to $15k. For convenience, I’d just trade in. However $15k buys a lot of steak, window tint, and more toys, so…

Looks great…any pics with the lights on?
I think it hides pretty well and doesn't really effect the taillights output. I saw a red one with 20% tint in the ppf shop and that conbo looked great.

Attachments

• 50D039AD-875D-4F69-99A6-78A80B8AC984.jpeg
    50D039AD-875D-4F69-99A6-78A80B8AC984.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 50B4C361-7DBB-40CE-94A9-B7F8E4E7AD0E.jpeg
    50B4C361-7DBB-40CE-94A9-B7F8E4E7AD0E.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 6D3E53CE-937B-4554-870A-2BEFA0C6862C.jpeg
    6D3E53CE-937B-4554-870A-2BEFA0C6862C.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 99CDBF5D-C4FA-4B1D-9960-F0703DF72BE8.jpeg
    99CDBF5D-C4FA-4B1D-9960-F0703DF72BE8.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 79
So, I just called my local Tesla parts department to order the rear CF trunk lid spoiler. They said I shouldn’t order the one on shop.Tesla.com because there is a new part number for the 2021 cars. The new 2021 CF spoiler part number is 1624227-00-A, but it isn’t available for order yet. They didn’t have an ETA, but told me to just keep checking back to see when it is available.
The part is available to order now. The service associate for some pending repairs was able to order this part number for me, cost was $1200 plus $84 for installation.

I don't have a lot of experience with other brands of heated and cooled ventilated seats but IMO these work amazingly well. Cooled ventilated seats was very important to me here in Tucson and they have been great in hot weather. They also heat up fast.
Awesome to hear also. Our Ford F-150 has the best ventilated seats I’ve owned so far. Hoping these are at least that good.

Awesome to hear also. Our Ford F-150 has the best ventilated seats I’ve owned so far. Hoping these are at least that good.
Oooooohhhh yeah they're awesome! Personally, although loud, I've always thought that Toyota's ventilated seats work extremely well. Like amazing, and after experiencing it in person, the MS's are better IMHO. Like definitely better.

As reported in the MSLR thread, I refused delivery after a very very frustrating delivery appointment; made me wait at the SC while attempting to fix problems with door handle. Whole bunch of paint defects and one chip most likely from windshield replacement. Sample pics below. So back in the que… maybe the wait will be long enough to get new taillights 😂😂😂. Can’t make this stuff up.

Attachments

• F220AF4A-F07C-403D-8F87-ED92F6D76232.jpeg
    F220AF4A-F07C-403D-8F87-ED92F6D76232.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 79
  • CEF9A43F-AE5D-4BAB-942E-67925F1AF4C5.jpeg
    CEF9A43F-AE5D-4BAB-942E-67925F1AF4C5.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 95
I don't have a lot of experience with other brands of heated and cooled ventilated seats but IMO these work amazingly well. Cooled ventilated seats was very important to me here in Tucson and they have been great in hot weather. They also heat up fast.

I have had a few others. These seats heat and cool the best. The cooler is very quiet. It is so quiet that I feel obligated to make my own seat noises...

I have had a few others. These seats heat and cool the best. The cooler is very quiet. It is so quiet that I feel obligated to make my own seat noises...
Oh great, yeah to add and agree with my earlier comment, the F150 is noisy on setting 3 and 2 so keep it at 1 at times just due to that. Glad the MS sounds effective and quiet!

The old ones in our 2016 Model X were worthless.

Actually, come to think of it, I did see a Rivian up close and personal today. Very nice looking, I have to say. I’ve seen a bunch of mules over the last few months, but this was production and looked good. I hope they start building the damn things so the stock will recover.

That’s about all I got.
Man that's awesome! I've yet to see one, and I'm betting the first EV truck I see will be the Hummer and not the R1T. You should see how many TRXs are in my area, and the Hummer is like the EV version of the TRX. Lotta bigish GM dealers near me, with large customer bases. Plus Rivian is delivering in extreme limited numbers to non employees. I'm hoping they come to my area sometime next year (for test drives and such).