Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@IamGaryGnu Frankenflaps work great! Zero chips. The fronts are a tad bit inboard, due to my installation. I was going to adjust them in the spring, but now I will just replace the fronts with the Tesla model. Will keep my frakenflaps in the rear!
Can you share link? I'm not sure if rear flaps are necessary, any thoughts?

Can you share link? I'm not sure if rear flaps are necessary, any thoughts?

1642114967406.png

A great solution to "So many buttons, so little time"

I might try that on my next car with a yoke, since you can't really feel the buttons.
With the S, won't work, capacitive "buttons". But you could put NEAR the buttons.
On the benz, the buttons were crazy, a zillion of them; between left of wheel, center low and center high, must have been 20, plus oodles more on the wheel, and I think 4 stalks
No zen there!

With the S, won't work, capacitive "buttons". But you could put NEAR the buttons.
On the benz, the buttons were crazy, a zillion of them; between left of wheel, center low and center high, must have been 20, plus oodles more on the wheel, and I think 4 stalks
No zen there!

That is what I meant to say, indicators near the buttons. Think like braille dots on a elevator.

On the MB S class, you forgot the mouse, touch pad, and another 10 or so on the center console.

Cross posting from the MSLR Delivery thread...

For anyone looking to sell their current car to VROOM, wanted to give a quick recap of my experience.

27 Dec - Got quote from Vroom (about 20% higher than Carvana, Carmax, and local dealers)
29 Dec - Completed initial car info/picture uploads on Vroom, received first round of docs to e-sign
2 Jan - Received FEDEX package with doc to sign, sent back on 5 Jan
6 Jan - Vroom received my title and signed paperwork, one more round of e-sign. Assigned pickup company/driver to me
11 Jan - Pickup driver reached out to schedule pickup
12 Jan - Car picked up and sent Bill of Lading to Vroom
Today - Just received full payment (as in they didn't change anything)

Overall a VERY easy and quick process. I've read plenty of horror stories online so YMMV but I also saw a few other people in here that have had great success over the past month.
I had a guy offer me $11k more on autotrader yesterday. My buddy and I convinced was a scammer. I would sell to third party companies like vroom, etc. A lot quicker than individuals. I'll pull my listing Monday, and plan to trade in. No muss or fuss. Would have used vroom etc. If higher offers

No zen there!
When I was a kid (like 11), in my juvenile mind, the quality of a stereo system was judged solely by the number of dials, sliders, and toggles.

MB would have been my dream car. Not anymore. :)

Back on topic, no changes to my March EDD in 4 days from the major push out from delivery this week.

Really hard to tell at the resolution / height of the video whether the rear end on the Model S has been changed or not.
Yeah, there is some area after the S/X that looks like Ss, but doesn't have a bar. But I think on the S/X part towards beginning you can clearly still see the black bar on the Ss there at least.
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.40.28 PM.png

Anything @EndlessPlaid ? This is about as close to interesting as I’ve seen. Although there’s not much to get out of it.

Anything @EndlessPlaid ? This is about as close to interesting as I’ve seen. Although there’s not much to get out of it.
Nice, it def needs some improvement in the ultimate area to compete well.

Yeah saw that too. Reuters is pretty accurate, and Sawyer said it has a good chance of being accurate. It's not really that big a of a delay though if you consider that deliveries were likely going in be in mid-to-late Q4 2022.
Besides that, not too much. There is this:

Yeah saw that too. Reuters is pretty accurate, and Sawyer said it has a good chance of being accurate. It's not really that big a of a delay though if you consider that deliveries were likely going in be in mid-to-late Q4 2022.
Besides that, not too much. There is this:
That’s pretty sweet!

Yeah, I’m not too concerned about when the CT guess here. I mean I want to today, but when it arrives, it arrives. I hope that the huge line gets trimmed back some or that less people opted for the 4 motor.

That’s pretty sweet!

Yeah, I’m not too concerned about when the CT guess here. I mean I want to today, but when it arrives, it arrives. I hope that the huge line gets trimmed back some or that less people opted for the 4 motor.
I'm betting it will. At most I'd say 60-70% of sales actually go through. Realistically probably more like 40-45%. So yeah it should get cut back, but it will still be several years booked. What I'm wishing for is to hear what annual capacity they will install for the short term in CT. 400,000 to 500,000 is my guess, and then 1 million+ longer term.