Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check permissions for the tesla app. If you are on latest android you will have to allow blue tooth when using the app, then make sure the app has been opened recently and not purged from memory.
thanks, android 12 updated last week, i'll double secret triple check the permissions - i cant' help but think the bluetooth is working, as the handles are unlocked and present when i press them, but it is absolutely not what i'm seeing in the video (walk up, handles are a waitin')
Edit - I went to apps and gave this thing every permission I could.
I don't think that's the issue, yet you have me thinking, maybe I should delete the app and reinstall, and then it may ask me the permissions all over again.
If the phone wouldn't unlock at all nearby, I'd say it's bluetooth.
As it's not presenting as I walk near, I think it may be something else. to be continued...

thanks again!

Last edited:
thanks, android 12 updated last week, i'll double secret triple check the permissions - i cant' help but think the bluetooth is working, as the handles are unlocked and present when i press them, but it is absolutely not what i'm seeing in the video (walk up, handles are a waitin')
thanks again!
It could be speed as well. I have noticed that the key oriented (at least on Ford) is super slow to connect, but using the cell signal (instead of bluetooth) is fast.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't think that's the issue, yet you have me thinking, maybe I should delete the app and reinstall, and then it may ask me the permissions all over again.
As it's not presenting as I walk near, I think it may be something else. to be continued...

thanks again!
So I just tested mine. Car was asleep (per TeslaMate) and I did just get off / using my iPhone (for reference). While entering my wife's car, my Model S unlocked. So it might have something to do with the last time your grabbed / used your phone. Again, possibly related to the low-energy Bluetooth band being on / off.

thanks again!
What is battery optimization set to for Tesla App?

Hey everyone. Been a while. I took delivery of my Plaid in September and then promptly broke my leg so as of today I have a total of 457 miles on the car. Haven't had a chance to do much other than drive it back and forth to work a few times. Anyway, I came here today to see if others ever received all the missing trunk inserts that weren't with the car at delivery? They told me at delivery that Tesla would send those to me, but nothing so far and it feels like they aren't coming. Anyone else been able to get the floor insert and top cover that were missing from the trunk at delivery?
Was just thinking the same after reading someone posting about missing trunk privacy piece. They told me they'd reach out when in stock, but knowing Tesla and myself it'll end up being forgotten about... I need to put in a reminder for a couple months from now to make sure I don't totally forget.

Was just thinking the same after reading someone posting about missing trunk privacy piece. They told me they'd reach out when in stock, but knowing Tesla and myself it'll end up being forgotten about... I need to put in a reminder for a couple months from now to make sure I don't totally forget.
Just create a service request to make sure there's a paper trail

What is battery optimization set to for Tesla App?
I'm not sure i'm following what you're answering. I have it generally charging to 80 or 85 or 90% depending upon what i think the day ahead will be like.
In the app, i have schedule set to weekdays, departure 8:15 a.m., precondition selected, off peak charge selected all week, and off peak time end time is set to 9am

Has anyone Taken delivery of an S in the past few days? Curious if we are seeing the "lights" on the Model S's arriving now?
Just checked inventory on tesla-info.com and it seems like nothing has the new lights yet. Newest car I saw was built Jan 22.
I believe the option code for the lights will be HL01 and RL01 (headlight 01 and rear light 01) vs the current HL00 and RL00 being used.

Just checked inventory on tesla-info.com and it seems like nothing has the new lights yet. Newest car I saw was built Jan 22.
I believe the option code for the lights will be HL01 and RL01 (headlight 01 and rear light 01) vs the current HL00 and RL00 being used.
If the post-purchase API endpoints are to be trusted, option codes are worthless. They now render a generic Model 3. Not sure where you are pulling current option codes from. And wouldn't it be HL03, 4, or 5 - since the headlights have gone through revisions historically?

So I just tested mine. Car was asleep (per TeslaMate) and I did just get off / using my iPhone (for reference). While entering my wife's car, my Model S unlocked. So it might have something to do with the last time your grabbed / used your phone. Again, possibly related to the low-energy Bluetooth band being on / off.
thanks. the strange part, is if i walk away, the car locks - so that tells me it sense the phone. and it will unlock or eventually unlock - so if that's happening, it seems to me it IS communicating with the phone, and that should (in my mind) keep the bluetooth going.
my phone doesn't seem to have a problem with bluetooth all day in general - my desktop phone headset allows me to select cell and connect without issue, and also if my phone rings, i can select bluetooth for my headset in the office, so I am not sure the bluetooth is shutting off - but that is a nice theory i didn't consider, along with the seat sensor.
I heard it COULD be some module somewhere, but what do I know?
i can also try rebooting my phone and see how that goes. i'm guessing no difference.

my NF465 which I picked up Wednesday is "OG"
I think we'd need to hear about retooling, etc. - though I will say when the first NF landed (a Canadian no less!) he was greeted with scorn and disbelief!
I'm predicting IF (notice I said IF) there are new lights for the US, it may be PRODUCED in March (or February) and then a lag to get it out the door for delivery.
Someone mentioned they had to use up old inventory first, and then someone else mentioned "no, they need to stock parts for years" - so I think IF it happens, it will depend on when a steady supply is available, and whether any retooling needs to be done.
i also don't know if they need NHTSA or whoever to approve, or maybe that happened already.
as far as I know, the revised charge port is for overseas alone.
I think we're due for matrix headlights, just don't know when.

thanks. the strange part, is if i walk away, the car locks - so that tells me it sense the phone. and it will unlock or eventually unlock - so if that's happening, it seems to me it IS communicating with the phone, and that should (in my mind) keep the bluetooth going.
my phone doesn't seem to have a problem with bluetooth all day in general - my desktop phone headset allows me to select cell and connect without issue, and also if my phone rings, i can select bluetooth for my headset in the office, so I am not sure the bluetooth is shutting off - but that is a nice theory i didn't consider, along with the seat sensor.
I heard it COULD be some module somewhere, but what do I know?
i can also try rebooting my phone and see how that goes. i'm guessing no difference.
I've had this issue since day one. I disabled my phone as a key and just use the fob. Also I've noticed that if I took my phone out of my pocket while the car was not presenting the handles it would then present them. The simple act of grabbing my phone, not opening it, just removing it from my back pocket, would make the doors unlock.

I've had this issue since day one. I disabled my phone as a key and just use the fob. Also I've noticed that if I took my phone out of my pocket while the car was not presenting the handles it would then present them. The simple act of grabbing my phone, not opening it, just removing it from my back pocket, would make the doors unlock.
I am wondering if the phone is using the gyroscope inside of the device to help determine if the Bluetooth bands should be on or off. e.g. if the phone is "pointed down", disable. Would have to test all of the hypotheticals.

I'm not sure i'm following what you're answering. I have it generally charging to 80 or 85 or 90% depending upon what i think the day ahead will be like.
In the app, i have schedule set to weekdays, departure 8:15 a.m., precondition selected, off peak charge selected all week, and off peak time end time is set to 9am
He meant in your phone for the app, phone battery not car.

I am wondering if the phone is using the gyroscope inside of the device to help determine if the Bluetooth bands should be on or off. e.g. if the phone is "pointed down", disable. Would have to test all of the hypotheticals.
I would say that's a very interesting possibility. I keep my phone in my back pocket upside down. Not on purpose, it's just how I carry and store my phone on my being. I can, beyond a doubt, say that just touching the phone being near the car would make the car unlock. Not touching the phone I could basically stand by it all day and nothing will happen.

Now the fobs...that's another story. Mostly good, but still have to wait sometimes or push the handle. But that's only occasionally, whereas the phone in the pocket was all the time.

If the post-purchase API endpoints are to be trusted, option codes are worthless. They now render a generic Model 3. Not sure where you are pulling current option codes from. And wouldn't it be HL03, 4, or 5 - since the headlights have gone through revisions historically?
It's not from the owner API.
The inventory listings have all the real option codes listed in the HTML on the page. Not sure why, but it's nice to have.
Just view any inventory listing, hit F12 (or right click -> inspect) and in the console type "tesla.vehicle" and press enter. All sorts of information about the car in there, including real option codes and the build date.

tesla-info scrapes that info and puts it in their listings for easy access

For example here is a listing

You can see the "Approx factory gate" which is the build date, and on the right is the listing of option codes, with them decoded if the site's dictionary knows what they are. HL00 and RL00 are unknown to this site so it just lists them as-is

More option codes are available here

HL00 Head Lamp Model S/X 2021