Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok cool. My car would have 100,000 miles by then, but still, very good. šŸ˜†

I actually kind of doubt TX will catch up Tesla demand. It may fuel more actually. I think they lose a lot of sales by having such slow availability. I know a person right now that has a Y ordered and just this weekend began looking at Wranglers.

Nice gushing, BTW. Great to have you back. šŸ˜
Yeah it'll be tough for sure. Texas production long term is going be wayyy higher than the 600,000/year that Fremont does. Well in excess of 600,000. So there's that.
But I agree, demand will be basically limitless for Tesla throughout this decade I think. They are in such a position of strength and pricing power.

Last edited:
Reactions: uthatcher
Well, I was going to post photos. However, I keep getting a "Cannot be displayed, because it contains errors." But I imagine you've all seen a black/black LR with 19's.

Same old lights, same old charging port. All covers in the rear were included, nothing was missing. SA insisted the "updated" port wouldn't be for North American markets.

Fitment of everything looked great..... except the lower hood, the bottom right is sitting up about 1/8th of an inch.

Other than that, I am happy I chose the 19" wheels. Both the 19's and 21's are brutal ( look wise). Now I am figuring out what set up to do in the spring, I know I will be going with a set of 20's, but if anyone has recommendations I would love to hear them.

Car is going to tint Friday ( 15% ceramic/ 85% on front windshield), PPF hood/bumper/headlights, I need to order a rear spoiler ( because racecar), removing front plate mount, lowering links, and wheels... these things are brutal!

This thread is so damned boring. How about this... When is your guess of the year Elon Musk retires as CEO of Tesla?

I predict 2025.
Yeah I predict around that timeframe. He will likely step down to something like Chief Product Officer or something of that nature, so he still has control over the products, and so he can also oversee and manage the Optimus program.

Reactions: uthatcher
Yeah I predict around that timeframe. He will likely step down to something like Chief Product Officer or something of that nature, so he still control over the products, and so he can also oversee and manage the Optimus program.

Copycat.

I think that Elon thinks that the robot is going to be sent to Mars in 2040 or wherever.

Edit: I'm not joking.

Copycat.

I think that Elon thinks that the robot is going to be sent to Mars in 2040 or wherever.
Yeah the first team to go to Mars will likely be the bots. Wayy more expendable than a human team. And yeah Optimus will likely be ready for limited production for menial tasks in 2024 or 2025, and then evolve from there, with full scale likely later this decade.

Well, I was going to post photos. However, I keep getting a "Cannot be displayed, because it contains errors." But I imagine you've all seen a black/black LR with 19's.

Same old lights, same old charging port. All covers in the rear were included, nothing was missing. SA insisted the "updated" port wouldn't be for North American markets.

Fitment of everything looked great..... except the lower hood, the bottom right is sitting up about 1/8th of an inch.

Other than that, I am happy I chose the 19" wheels. Both the 19's and 21's are brutal ( look wise). Now I am figuring out what set up to do in the spring, I know I will be going with a set of 20's, but if anyone has recommendations I would love to hear them.

Car is going to tint Friday ( 15% ceramic/ 85% on front windshield), PPF hood/bumper/headlights, I need to order a rear spoiler ( because racecar), removing front plate mount, lowering links, and wheels... these things are brutal!
See this thread. Vendor - Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.

Yeah the first team to go to Mars will likely be the bots. Wayy more expendable than a human team. And yeah Optimus will likely be ready for limited production for menial tasks in 2024 or 2025, and then evolve from there, with full scale likely later this decade.
I can think of plenty of people Iā€™d rather send to Mars then a perfectly good robot.

Who ya got? Don't hold back now. We are looking for clicks and engagement!
Well, thereā€™s some direct family that could probably fill my own allocation. But, from there, Iā€™ve had a couple web developers that deserve their own special place in hell. Oh, silly me, I mean ā€œon Marsā€.

Maybe Iā€™m just feeling mean tonight. But Iā€™d send ā€˜em.