Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per service center yesterday , matrix lights may not happen or happen after a year. Also told me Tesla will ban me for reordering for 90 days if I ask to uncouple my VIN at this time . Car is still in California waiting to be transported 🤷🏻‍♂️

By definition, that is still imminent (in Elon time) so @EndlessPlaid can stay optimistic...

1644154638060.png

Last edited:
By definition, that is still imminent (in Elon time) so @EndlessPlaid can stay optimistic...

View attachment 765543
One can understand that If there is confirmation of an improvement of some sort coming in the near future coupled with the ability of a customer passing on a VIN for whatever reason, it could cause some problems in the process of delivering cars..

Per service center yesterday , matrix lights may not happen or happen after a year. Also told me Tesla will ban me for reordering for 90 days if I ask to uncouple my VIN at this time . Car is still in California waiting to be transported 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds like a line of BS from an uninformed and disgruntled Tesla employee.

One can understand that If there is confirmation of an improvement of some sort coming in the near future coupled with the ability of a customer passing on a VIN for whatever reason, it could cause some problems in the process of delivering cars..
Again guys, this would not even touch their deliveries. Tesla never makes a big deal out of these things, and like always likely will just quietly update the renders with the new lights, and a sentence on the features list.
Remember that we on this forum and on Twitter, etc... are not the average customer. 99% of people would still take delivery. So I don't think this will affect deliveries at all.🙂

A handheld steamer works like a charm!
Did this to my wife's Model Y and use it to remove all the model designations on my other vehicles.

As long as it gets up to temperature it's easy to get them off.
If there is any additional residue use this drill attachment to push the residue off the clear coat;
Decal/adhesive remover
Perfect, I have a industrial Jiffy Steamer to steam my suits (saves me a ton of money and it's convenient). Where do you apply the steamer on the plate holder? In a crevice?

I went to the IIHS website today and the headlights for the 2021 Model S were rated “poor.” Models 3 and Y are rated “good,” and I didn’t see a rating for the Model X.

My delivery is a week away. I haven’t decided on my plan of action. I ordered the MY and MS in July, and the Y was delivered first. I’m content with the MYLR, the only thing that I’d like is a better ride and the instrument panel. I don’t need an additional vehicle.

Insurance Institute for Highway Safety

Perfect, I have a industrial Jiffy Steamer to steam my suits (saves me a ton of money and it's convenient). Where do you apply the steamer on the plate holder? In a crevice?
Great question, focus the steam underneath and slowly pull back on the holder. The adhesive will gradually release with the stream moving upwards getting trapped creating a hot sauna under your plate frame bracket. It will pop off in a few moments. Slow and steady!

Ugh 100k for a car with poor headlights

Correct: 2021 Tesla Model S 4-door hatchback

From the assessment:

Rating: POOR

Low beams

On the straightaway, visibility was fair on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was inadequate in all 4 tests. The low beams created some glare.

High beams
On the straightaway, visibility was good on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was inadequate in all 4 tests.

Versus what IIHS said about Model 3:

Rating: GOOD

Low beams

On the straightaway, visibility was good on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was good on the gradual left and both right curves and fair on the sharp left curve. The low beams never exceeded glare limits.

High beams
On the straightaway, visibility was good on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was good on the gradual left and gradual right curves and fair on the sharp left and sharp right curves.

High-beam assist compensates for some limitations of this vehicle's low beams on the straightaway and on both left curves.

Correct: 2021 Tesla Model S 4-door hatchback

From the assessment:

Rating: POOR

Low beams

On the straightaway, visibility was fair on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was inadequate in all 4 tests. The low beams created some glare.

High beams
On the straightaway, visibility was good on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was inadequate in all 4 tests.

Versus what IIHS said about Model 3:
Oh, now that I see it in writing, I feel bad. The link is for 2017-2021 model years so it might not apply to the refresh Model S but I'm probably just sticking fingers in my ears.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid