Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, that sounds more reasonable. (The announcing part and discounting). But let me throw a turd into the pool here: supply shortages. How the Hell are Tesla supposed to be able to predict this with any accuracy when availability of parts is so dicey? The only way to get around this is to make a surplus of cars with the old taillights, in order to cover any potential shortages. That way, they don't end up with a situation, where they have NO taillights due to the supply chain timing changing.

But in the case of the Ryzen, correct me if I am wrong... There's no way anyone would know if you didn't come here, Reddit or Twitter. To say, there's never been any release on that, at all. Why? That's not right. The answer includes my point - customers would want the better tech for the same price. You can only do this to people so many times. They need a better process.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
But in the case of the Ryzen, correct me if I am wrong... There's no way anyone would know if you didn't come here, Reddit or Twitter. To say, there's never been any release on that, at all. Why? That's not right. The answer includes my point - customers would want the better tech for the same price. You can only do this to people so many times. They need a better process.
HICA!

Maybe so, but they make literally hundreds of SW and hardware chamges every week. So how many tweets or press releases would they have to write?! Not worth the labor or time.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those weird fanboys that thinks Tesla can do no wrong. However I think it's also important to be appreciative of this process. It's still new in the industry. These things take time. But the idea, or theme is literally so logical from a business and customer standpoint, that you'd have to be crazy not to do it.

Maybe so, but they make literally hundreds of SW and hardware chamges every week. So how many tweets or press releases would they have to write?! Not worth the labor or time.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those weird fanboys that thinks Tesla can do no wrong. However I think it's also important to be appreciative of this process. It's still new in the industry. These things take time. But the idea, or theme is literally so logical from a business and customer standpoint, that you'd have to be crazy not to do it.

Maybe model year changes where they have time to announce things and make sure they work correctly before launching them would be the right move then.

Tesla is terrible at customer service and communication there's no way around that as most learned here last year lol. Either you deal with it and hope the *sugar* you buy works and is it worth it to you or go buy a BMW.

That works with many people, I have a hard time believing Tesla scales these policies to sell 10 million cars in the US. My personal opinion.

Maybe model year changes where they have time to announce things and make sure they work correctly before launching them would be the right move then.

Tesla is terrible at customer service and communication there's no way around that as most learned here last year lol. Either you deal with it and hope the *sugar* you buy works and is it worth it to you or go buy a BMW.

That works with many people, I have a hard time believing Tesla scales these policies to sell 10 million cars in the US. My personal opinion.
Let's agree to disagree on this one then. I totally respect your opinion.😀👍

Reactions: Rhyder and jebinc
Mid to late Feb for production, and late Feb to March for start of deliveries for the new lights.
My concern is if I defer my delivery then I'll either end up pushed back to May with these other poor 1151's or I'll get a car with huge physical issues and Tesla says "take it or leave it" since I've already deferred delivery once.

@WilliamG - are you buying ANOTHER one?!
giphy-3.gif

I ordered my Model S LR on 2/5/2021, I had them bounce me a few times and they told me if I did not accept the next one they would cancel my order. Well Delivery is tomorrow 2/11/2022 a little over a year from when I reserved it. New headlights or not I only paid $79,990 and now the same vehicle is $94,990 so I will accept it and hope there are not many fit and finish issues.
you have between 15k and 20k reasons to take the car...

But that's bullshit. We aren't talking about me buying a car and getting the same thing everyone else and a month later it's a lot better.

We are talking about a company selling two different products, called the same thing, charging the same price, not even informing customers that it is happening, at the same time. That's ridiculous.
You will not experience this type of problem with a Versa. It's calling you....

Yeah and I think the view that customers are being screwed is very skewed. Teslas are ordered and, in a certain amount of time, delivered. Therefore the person making the purchase has already agreed that the value of the vehicle is adequate and worth the equivalent in money. I would argue that the people that get the newest tech are actually benefiting disproportionately rather than the inverse.

The want of the latest tech is exactly that, a want. An agreed upon transaction actually determines the value of the vehicle. If there is more "tech", the buyer received an unexpected benefit. If there is "less tech" than originally agreed upon, then there is less value and an appropriate decision should follow. But the bar is established at the time the order is placed.

I won't even get into how not everyone even wants the latest tech. But as a side note, one of the reasons for the chip shortage is that legacy auto manufacturers used very antiquated chips because they are proven reliable and durable. When COVID hit they scaled back production, told the chip makers to do so, other industries grew like crazy and demanded newer, more expensive chips, and the chip makers told the auto manufacturers to pound sand.