Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you drive a gas guzzlin bronco and ur on here tryin to tell me IM A PEASANT? youre not even apart of the mission to save humanity, bro.
Nope, I'm not trying to save humanity. And I'm not trying to tell you you're a peasant. I don't even know where that one would come from.

But my larger trouble is my Cybertruck won't start and I don't like the color of my Rivian so can't drive that either. So I'm not left with a lot of options. But it gets worse. I also drive, get this, motorcycles. 😈

Nope, I'm not trying to save humanity. And I'm not trying to tell you you're a peasant. I don't even know where that one would come from.

But my larger trouble is my Cybertruck won't start and I don't like the color of my Rivian so can't drive that either. So I'm not left with a lot of options. But it gets worse. I also drive, get this, motorcycles. 😈

Well yeah you have to you live in los angeles. no one is going to blame you for that. who wants to sit in 12 hour traffic tryin to get to the grocery store.

you guys really derailed the *sugar* out of this thread.

Oh come on, I'm sure plenty of people here have multiple cars, gas included lol!
Nope, I'm the only one. And I've infiltrated the highest ranks of Teslatista's. And I'm bringing all the ICE power with me to the top! And I shall never stop unless Elon makes SpaceX 100% EV!

It is amazing how they built all the Gigafactories with Cybertrucks.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well yeah you have to you live in los angeles. no one is going to blame you for that. who wants to sit in 12 hour traffic tryin to get to the grocery store.

you guys really derailed the *sugar* out of this thread.
Funny part is a Plaid costs around 1/2 of the operating expenses as my most fuel efficient motorcycle. Not counting oil changes and services.

• Love
Let's agree to disagree.😃
Dude, where’s the ‘Endless Positivity’?

Out of respect, I didn’t dislike any of your recent ‘vents’, but have to say I disagree with you here. Politely.

I ordered a Plaid on Delivery Day. They f’ing cancelled that trim. I then ordered a Plaid that has an EDD that has oscillated like a vibrator on 220v. I don’t hate nor blame Tesla for this. I knew it would be a wait. And world-wide problems as well as some self-inflicted ones have caused further delays.

But as flexible as I have been, I do expect some courtesy on their end. To now, that has been the case. No harm no foul in my case.

I sold our S and X. Rented an ICE. Ordered and received a fantastic MYP and am waiting for my S. With new lights if at all possible. If that works out, awesome. If not, awesome.

I do agree some people are scamming the system, but those of us who couldn’t pick up cars because of a 3 day window shouldn’t be penalized. I have been traveling abroad. My job is global in nature. I can provide documents if anyone wants to bet me or put money on it. My advisor gets it and has been very understanding.

When I was told they’d cancel my order on next VIN refusal (my advisor was as pissed as I was), I offered a high $ non-refundable deposit. Man, with the demand they have, they can give my car to next in line and put me back in queue. That’s legit and fine. But cancelling me is not. Not when they can’t predict or keep to delivery dates. Again, not blaming anyone here.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
Dude, where’s the ‘Endless Positivity’?

Out of respect, I didn’t dislike any of your recent ‘vents’, but have to say I disagree with you here. Politely.

I ordered a Plaid on Delivery Day. They f’ing cancelled that trim. I then ordered a Plaid that has an EDD that has oscillated like a vibrator on 220v. I don’t hate nor blame Tesla for this. I knew it would be a wait. And world-wide problems as well as some self-inflicted ones have caused delays.

But as flexible as I have been, I do expect some courtesy on their end. To now, that has been the case. No harm no foul in my case.

I sold our S and X. Rented an ICE. Ordered and received a fantastic MYP and am waiting for my S. With new lights if at all possible. If that works out, awesome. If not, awesome.

I do agree some people are scamming the system, but those of us who couldn’t pick up cars because of a 3 day window shouldn’t be penalized. I have been traveling abroad. My job is global in nature. I can provide documents if anyone wants to bet me or put money on it. My advisor gets it and has been very understanding.

When I was told they’d cancel my order on next VIN refusal (my advisor was as pissed as I was), I offered a non-refundable deposit. Man, with the demand they have, they can give my car to next in line and put me back in queue. That’s legit and fine. But cancelling me is not. Not when they can’t predict or keep to delivery dates. Again, not blaming anyone here.

It is what it is.
I really appreciate your being respectful here. Can't say that enough.😃
I've in no way ever said the system is perfect. Every system is flawed in some ways, including this one. I personally think its biggest flaw is the communication with customers.
However, I also think criticizing Tesla's constant innovation and changes is bad, and acting as if they are personally targeting the customer (not referring to anyone in particular here), without even having read the contract, is not a good way to go about thinking about this IMO. I view this as a gift, and that we should always appreciate it. No other large company that I'm aware of implements changes like these with such speed. But with the quick good changes, the sword also bites the opposite way as well. I'm sure Tesla will improve these things along the way, and @Ohmster I'm always impressed with your patience and level-headed attitude.😃

I really appreciate your being respectful here. Can't say that enough.😃
I've in no way ever said the system is perfect. Every system is flawed in some ways, including this one. I personally think its biggest flaw is the communication with customers.
However, I also think criticizing Tesla's constant innovation and changes is bad, and acting as if they are personally targeting the customer (not referring to anyone in particular here), without even having read the contract, is not a good way to go about thinking about this IMO. I view this as a gift, and that we should always appreciate it. But with the quick good changes, the sword also bites the opposite way as well. I'm sure Tesla will improve these things along the way, and @Ohmster I'm always impressed with your patience and level-headed attitude.😃

"without having read the contract" you mean the contract that changes without notice, that their own employees have never read and are clearly not aware of? Give me a break.

I used to think Tesla's changes on the fly were good, but lately it seems more to protect themselves for any costs and to screw consumers with legacy tech,

"without having read the contract" you mean the contract that changes without notice, that their own employees have never read and are clearly not aware of? Give me a break.

I used to think Tesla's changes on the fly were good, but lately it seems more to protect themselves for any costs and to screw consumers with legacy tech,
The contract that the customer enters into does NOT change on them. If the contract or policy itself changes (for future orders, not current orders), then it's up to the employees to educate themselves on it. If they don't, the company and the customer suffers.

Reactions: Bull
The contract that the customer enters into does NOT change on them. If the contract or policy itself changes (for future orders, not current orders), then it's up to the employees to educate themselves on it. If they don't, the company and the customer suffers.

not joking... can you help me find the order agreement on the tesla website. where i would be able to "read the contract" before they take my money? I am having a hard time finding it.

not joking... can you help me find the order agreement on the tesla website. where i would be able to "read the contract" before they take my money? I am having a hard time finding it.
I found an older one detailing 6 months, can't seem to find the one for 30 days. Although, for Tesla's internal website available through an SA, I'm pretty sure they could provide one for you if you ask.

I found an older one detailing 6 months, can't seem to find the one for 30 days. Although, for Tesla's internal website available through an SA, I'm pretty sure they could provide one for you if you ask.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

/End discussion

Maybe they changed it without telling anyone because they knew customers would get wind of the Ryzen chips and this was the only way to force them to take a lesser product? This is anti consumer behavior.

Last edited:
  • Funny