Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not joking... can you help me find the order agreement on the tesla website. where i would be able to "read the contract" before they take my money? I am having a hard time finding it.
Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 3.38.30 PM.png

Bottom of the order page, after design and before submitting payment.

Specifically this clause is what I assume you two are bickering like a married couple over.

View attachment 769442

Bottom of the order page, after design and before submitting payment.

Specifically this clause is what I assume you two are bickering like a married couple over.

Thanks - I just looked up this *sugar* on wayback machine in Feb 2021 it was 6 months, in may 3 months and oct 30 days. man they really changed that *sugar* this year, no wonder the clueless SAs had no idea

Thanks - I just looked up this *sugar* on wayback machine in Feb 2021 it was 6 months, in may 3 months and oct 30 days. man they really changed that *sugar* this year, no wonder the clueless SAs had no idea
However, your order should be bound by whatever was the policy at the time of your order. Which would be in your Tesla account.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
However, it should be bound by whatever was the policy at the time of your order. Which would be in your Tesla account.

Yeah my model 3 order said 30 days. I was verbally told 6 months. I made a mistake in that I shouldnt trust that the Tesla people know what they are talking about, a lesson I learned all of last year sadly. Fool me once shame on me... but now at least i know. hilariously, since i updated my model s from white to red exterior my original order agreement said 6 months then two month or so later it say 3 months hahaha. now they can force me to take it this qtr, if they want even though they have already agreed to put a hold on it past march.

idk we will see what comes. i might just take it, i might just do something else. tesla used to be the anti-dealership and it feels more and more like thats not the case at all. at least we all pay msrp...just sometimes for different *sugar*

Dude, where’s the ‘Endless Positivity’?

Out of respect, I didn’t dislike any of your recent ‘vents’, but have to say I disagree with you here. Politely.

I ordered a Plaid on Delivery Day. They f’ing cancelled that trim. I then ordered a Plaid that has an EDD that has oscillated like a vibrator on 220v. I don’t hate nor blame Tesla for this. I knew it would be a wait. And world-wide problems as well as some self-inflicted ones have caused further delays.

But as flexible as I have been, I do expect some courtesy on their end. To now, that has been the case. No harm no foul in my case.

I sold our S and X. Rented an ICE. Ordered and received a fantastic MYP and am waiting for my S. With new lights if at all possible. If that works out, awesome. If not, awesome.

I do agree some people are scamming the system, but those of us who couldn’t pick up cars because of a 3 day window shouldn’t be penalized. I have been traveling abroad. My job is global in nature. I can provide documents if anyone wants to bet me or put money on it. My advisor gets it and has been very understanding.

When I was told they’d cancel my order on next VIN refusal (my advisor was as pissed as I was), I offered a high $ non-refundable deposit. Man, with the demand they have, they can give my car to next in line and put me back in queue. That’s legit and fine. But cancelling me is not. Not when they can’t predict or keep to delivery dates. Again, not blaming anyone here.

It is what it is.

Maybe there’s a limit to the Endlessness? 🤣

Further proof that this is the best thread - so unusual on the wider internet to have differences of opinion without it descending into real unpleasantness within a few posts.

Slightly different in the UK. We get a week to take delivery - or until EOQ if that's less than a week! Cheeky... Current UK version at

and screenshot of the version sent via email in June '21 below. They appear to be similar and may be identical.

1644967297694.png

Further proof that this is the best thread - so unusual on the wider internet to have differences of opinion without it descending into real unpleasantness within a few posts.

Slightly different in the UK. We get a week to take delivery - or until EOQ if that's less than a week! Cheeky... Current UK version at

and screenshot of the version sent via email in June '21 below. They appear to be similar and may be identical.

View attachment 769506
Oh like we care AT ALL about anything that happens in the UK! Now you've polluted this finely honed thread with some pretty-close-to-on-topic crap!

Joking, of course. It's interesting to see the EOQ aspect of the agreement. Really bakes in the EOQ rush every quarter.

Yeah my model 3 order said 30 days. I was verbally told 6 months. I made a mistake in that I shouldnt trust that the Tesla people know what they are talking about, a lesson I learned all of last year sadly. Fool me once shame on me... but now at least i know. hilariously, since i updated my model s from white to red exterior my original order agreement said 6 months then two month or so later it say 3 months hahaha. now they can force me to take it this qtr, if they want even though they have already agreed to put a hold on it past march.

idk we will see what comes. i might just take it, i might just do something else. tesla used to be the anti-dealership and it feels more and more like thats not the case at all. at least we all pay msrp...just sometimes for different *sugar*
Yeah, I think maybe the mistake was trusting the Tesla reps. They're not at all like the highly qualified, trustworthy, helpful, and generally noble staff you'll find at a typical car dealership. Who could live up to the standards of a Chevy, Nissan, or even Mercedes dealership?

I don't know about you, but the experiences I've had at typical car dealerships has been much worse than any experience I've had with Tesla. Not all experiences with Tesla have been great and not all experiences with other brand dealers has been awful. If I was looking for a general rule of thumb to purchase vehicles by, I guess I'd go with do not trust anything anyone says verbally, only trust what is written down. No matter the brand.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ikr? This thread is awesome. LOVE all the people here! I genuinely mean that. We really try to stay civilized and respectful here.👌🙂😀

Yeah, I think maybe the mistake was trusting the Tesla reps. They're not at all like the highly qualified, trustworthy, helpful, and generally noble staff you'll find at a typical car dealership. Who could live up to the standards of a Chevy, Nissan, or even Mercedes dealership?
I have actually had a GREAT experience from other dealers... The difference being that I am able to choose my rep. I approach other salesman and I vet them early in the conversation. If I feel the least bit of dishonesty, I move on. It is a LOT of work on my part, but I still feel in control and for a LONG time have been very happy with my results for 15+ years.

I am new to Tesla, and love the "idea" of no haggle pricing and easy online ordering but not so sure it lives up to what I expected so far. Granted my view is biased based primarily on forum bad experiences, but a "technology forward company", I would expect to better train and prepare their representatives than what I have seen so far.