Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't there a method to honk the horn by covering the right side of the yoke with your hand? that seems almost as easy as pressing in the center airbag area, still not perfect, but better than trying to press the small horn button while you're driving.
Indeed there is. For me personally, I find the action cumbersome. And when first introduced it was usually accompanied with turning on the windshield wipers. :rolleyes:

I agree 100% on the horn and blind spot monitoring (my son's Honda is better in this regard). With respect to the doors, how hard do you slam it? The reason I ask is that it took me about a week to get used to using noticeably more force than closing the doors for any other car to close the doors on the Tesla (not slamming but a firm close). Also, about 90% of the time someone new gets in the car, I patiently go back after they get out to close the door more firmly because they didn't use enough force themselves.

Do Tesla doors just require a bit more force to close or is this an issue?
Yes, absolutely. They use quality rubber. It breaks in after the first 1000 miles I found.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Agreed! I don’t use the horn often, but when another vehicle almost ran me off the road, my instinct (and years of muscle memory) was to strIke the middle of the yoke. If you are using the horn just to get someone’s attention, the button works fine, but in an emergency you need something bigger than a small button on the right side of the yoke. I believe this is a huge safety issue.
Agreed. When you are backing out of a parking spot with the wheel turned, and some bozo starts backing out of a spot opposite you and doesn’t see you and is about to crash into you, good luck finding that little horn button…

As mentioned, financed with DCU for the full amount plus taxes, tags, etc. for 65 months. DCU offered gap insurance for $300. My purchase price was before the $15k in price hikes for the LR.

Is the DCU gap ins worth it? Or no?
If you are financing for 5 years or more, I would get the gap insurance. There is always a possibility of a short-term loss of the vehicle.