Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I looked at the spoiler and plugged in 2022 Tesla Long Range, it said,

This part is not compatible with this 2022 Tesla S Long Range -- Even though it said 2022 at the top heading...
But it sure looks good on yours!
If you read the listing it mentions the refresh model s. I knew it was a risk but was cheap and I like it

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Why would you reject the old lights/radar/old charge port? I think there are pros on both sides. Not understanding the rejects....
That’s basically saying you should pick last year’s iPhone when you could get this year’s model for same price…. Way better tech on new lights especially the matrix headlight.

Radar imo will be disabled on later software update as Tesla transitions to vision.

Last edited:
Why would you reject the old lights/radar/old charge port? I think there are pros on both sides. Not understanding the rejects....
The new headlights are essentially "next gen". They are an upgrade over the prior versions. The tailights are new as well, but many dont really care as much about tail lights, as they dont really improve the driving experience nor look significantly different than "old". The main difference in the rear is the black horizontal bar going across the trunklid and into the rear tail lights, is now gone. Some (like me) prefer the black bar, especially on a white car, as the black bar really is a nice contrast back there. Even moreso if you have a trunk spoiler.

The new headlights will provide better light output, thus, arguably, improve driving experience over the old lights. Just how much that matters and how much improvement, is individual opinion. I've never seen the new lights working in person, and will have no desire to see them working in person. So to me, ignorance is bliss/you never miss what you never had.

The new headlights will provide better light output, thus, arguably, improve driving experience over the old lights. Just how much that matters and how much improvement, is individual opinion. I've never seen the new lights working in person, and will have no desire to see them working in person. So to me, ignorance is bliss/you never miss what you never had.
Agree with what you are saying. If you already have the car, it's a great car and enjoy it! If you have not received the car, no reason to not get the new upgrade as it is happening right now.

The new headlights are essentially "next gen". They are an upgrade over the prior versions. The tailights are new as well, but many dont really care as much about tail lights, as they dont really improve the driving experience nor look significantly different than "old". The main difference in the rear is the black horizontal bar going across the trunklid and into the rear tail lights, is now gone. Some (like me) prefer the black bar, especially on a white car, as the black bar really is a nice contrast back there. Even moreso if you have a trunk spoiler.

Well put. Think I need to drop out of here for about a month while people get over their new light excitement. I'll be back when we're griping about when the bluetooth functionality is coming to the back seat!!!

That’s basically saying you should pick last year’s iPhone when you could get this year’s model for same price…. Way better tech on new lights especially the matrix headlight.

Radar imo will be disabled on later software update as Tesla transitions to vision.
I get what you are saying old vs new. I am 50 years old, and that would have maybe made a difference to me when I was younger, and probably would have. However, in my experience new sometimes comes with heart ache and head ache. I still like shiny new things, but I am too old to battle with the shiny new thing if it doesnt work right. I am not saying that they wont come out of the box working awesomely, but usually changes come with problems in the initial runs.

I wasnt supposed to get mine until June anyway, but I got lucky and found a floor model exactly as i wanted with the 472 vin and now my delivery is set for March 11. I wouldnt cancel mine now and drop back to June/July just for that new tech. Faster zero-60 and longer range/ better batteries I would for sure. Better headlights? Particularly when you figure you dont drive near as much at night as you do in the day.

Too each his own though. Ill be happy for whichever I get. Oh yeah, the radar, if i do get the radar, and Tesla cant work this phantom braking out, I think I will be happy I ended up with that "older tech".

Happy forruming!

Okay, in the interest of distracting from the headlight discussion a little longer, I'm on the verge of taking my car in to be wrapped. I wrapped my 3 when I first got it and LOVED how the car always looked freshly washed/waxed and how I didn't have to sweat parking in regular parking places.

The question is, do I go with regular XPEL Ultimate or do I go with XPEL Stealth and give my blue baby a matte treatment? On the one hand, the matte makes the car stand out, which I like, but I can see it maybe going out of style. Also, the regular XPEL Ultimate is about 30% thicker than the stealth and thus theoretically provides more protection against chipping than the stealth.

Thoughts? This is my inspiration photo:
FMf0xwqXIAMfzZD.jpeg

The question is, do I go with regular XPEL Ultimate or do I go with XPEL Stealth and give my blue baby a matte treatment?
I have a blue on order and already booked XPEL Stealth treatment on day of delivery. (detailer is picking it up in an enclosed trailer, taking it roughly 2 hours to his shop and beginning work as soon as possible to limit initial damage.)

I don't think you will go wrong with either one. I cant provide any great "reasons" for one over the other... I went stealth for the reason you stated, it stands out a bit more. Matte finishes have been "in style" for a LONG time and don't see that changing. If it did, or if you got tired of it, its PPF, it can be removed.

I would suggest if you go stealth though, that you also get it ceramic coated on top. The satin finish doesn't clean quite as easily as the regular. The rougher finish keeps the water from beading and picks up dirt a bit faster. With a ceramic coating, its ALMOST as easy to clean as the glossy.

Still though if you want the easiest clean and best protection, go ultimate.

Well put. Think I need to drop out of here for about a month while people get over their new light excitement. I'll be back when we're griping about when the bluetooth functionality is coming to the back seat!!!
YES. Would be really nice to have that functionality!
By the way, since we took delivery just days apart and form the same SC, overall thoughts on things?

My delivery went well. But then again, I've never had anything less than about 4.5 star experiences with Glen Allen SC. I still havent been able to spot any issues at all with the car. If I look REAL hard, the passenger rear door might by a millimeter or two off from front door, adjustment wise. But put it this way, its so minor, I wont open a ticket for it, nor try to adjust myself. Beyond that, I cant find a single thing wrong with the QC of this one.

And the acceleration is beyond expectations. In every way, at every speed. I was on 295 last night in the middle lane doing about 75 (limit is 70 on the stretch I was on). Needed to pass 3 cars in the right lane to get in front of them quickly, to get in the right lane for the exit. Quick push to the floor and the acceleration rate seemed to be almost identical to the acceleration rate from 0-60. Just massively instant power that doesnt fade off at the higher speeds.
Steering, handling..all top notch as well. Im thoroughly pleased/was worth the wait for this LR.

YES. Would be really nice to have that functionality!
By the way, since we took delivery just days apart and form the same SC, overall thoughts on things?

My delivery went well. But then again, I've never had anything less than about 4.5 star experiences with Glen Allen SC. I still havent been able to spot any issues at all with the car. If I look REAL hard, the passenger rear door might by a millimeter or two off from front door, adjustment wise. But put it this way, its so minor, I wont open a ticket for it, nor try to adjust myself. Beyond that, I cant find a single thing wrong with the QC of this one.

And the acceleration is beyond expectations. In every way, at every speed. I was on 295 last night in the middle lane doing about 75 (limit is 70 on the stretch I was on). Needed to pass 3 cars in the right lane to get in front of them quickly, to get in the right lane for the exit. Quick push to the floor and the acceleration rate seemed to be almost identical to the acceleration rate from 0-60. Just massively instant power that doesnt fade off at the higher speeds.
Steering, handling..all top notch as well. Im thoroughly pleased/was worth the wait for this LR.
I love Glen Allen. They are top notch!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid