Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically hit the nail right on the head! Thank you man for your support! Love it. 🥳🥳😃😃😊😊😊😇😇
nail on the head.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi guys, RN1158 here, ordered 10/17/21. MS LR, red, 19”. EDD 3/19-3/31 and been steady for a few weeks now. No VIN yet, but hopefully any day now. Who here has an RN lower then 1158 and still waiting? Just trying to gauge if this is going to push or I’m going to see the car before end of this month.
I live in the North East also, 1157 with March 20 to 31 EDD. What I am wondering though is with this EDD date range, I am still close enough to be offered an Early Refresh (ER) which I will reject. What I wonder though is if Tesla pulled some finished cars off the grass parking areas back into the plant to install the new lights as this lot was empty in the last video...

Jeeze... wonder why your RN is so much lower then mine, but your EDD is still further out? I've seen a few changes in EDD since I order, but it's stayed within 30-45 days (so far) of what it was when a timeframe first populated. Hard to think tires/ wheels would make that much of a difference. Although, I'm sure they have ramped production much better lately then when they first announced the refresh a year and half ago.
Yeah I’d say there has been very little ramp up since production began around June. If anything numbers may be shrinking with the X on the line now too.

My profile has been complete since probably June (I honestly don’t remember). We are marked as a cash buyer and will be a cash buyer. Just don’t get it and it pains me everytime I see a VIN# assigned these days because 90% of the time they have ordered after me…

Jeeze... wonder why your RN is so much lower then mine, but your EDD is still further out? I've seen a few changes in EDD since I order, but it's stayed within 30-45 days (so far) of what it was when a timeframe first populated. Hard to think tires/ wheels would make that much of a difference. Although, I'm sure they have ramped production much better lately then when they first announced the refresh a year and half ago.
When I made the change, they had a problem with the 19" wheels and ZERO cars with them were shipping. So many of us made the change. I'd rather have the 19" for range but it would cost me $15,000 to make the change as I have old pricing. That seems to be why my car is on the back burner. Total price with FSD and 21" wheels is under $100K (without tax).

When I made the change, they had a problem with the 19" wheels and ZERO cars with them were shipping. So many of us made the change. I'd rather have the 19" for range but it would cost me $15,000 to make the change as I have old pricing. That seems to be why my car is on the back burner. Total price with FSD and 21" wheels is under $100K (without tax).
I ordered the 21” wheels and cream interior to get the car sooner too. I really would prefer the 19” wheels and white interior, but not for $15,000. #metoo

When I made the change, they had a problem with the 19" wheels and ZERO cars with them were shipping. So many of us made the change. I'd rather have the 19" for range but it would cost me $15,000 to make the change as I have old pricing. That seems to be why my car is on the back burner. Total price with FSD and 21" wheels is under $100K (without

I will trade you my 19's which will only have the miles from pickup to my house.

Thanks guys... appreciate the commentary. Another question for you guys that recently took delivery in cold/ cold(er) weather states... are you still seeing the cars arrive with summer tires? I called Paramus yesterday, and they said they would not know until I have a VIN and started pivoting towards "you could always buy all season tires...". I immediately stopped the guy and told him there was no scenario where I was buying a $100k car that arrives with summer tires in March in NJ. Curious on your experiences on this topic and the eventual results.

Ok time to re-introduce the Monkey theory for the benefit of those new to this thread. Actually just go ahead and search right here...

• Funny
Thanks guys... appreciate the commentary. Another question for you guys that recently took delivery in cold/ cold(er) weather states... are you still seeing the cars arrive with summer tires? I called Paramus yesterday, and they said they would not know until I have a VIN and started pivoting towards "you could always buy all season tires...". I immediately stopped the guy and told him there was no scenario where I was buying a $100k car that arrives with summer tires in March in NJ. Curious on your experiences on this topic and the eventual results.
So from the recent posts I've seen on the forum I'll try and summarize:
21" Arachnid only come with Summer tires. You can order some All-Seasons I believe from Tirerack (stock permitting).
19" Wheels should come with All-Seasons in colder climates (I'm not sure how they determine this), however some cars have been delivered with summer tires, even when some other cars on the same delivery truck have All-Seasons. You can ask you sales associate to have the tires switched to All-Seasons at no cost. You should make sure they agree to do this either before delivery or on delivery day before you sign. Multiple people on here have had this done.

I feel famous! I am away, I’m happy to send photos of whatever you guys want this weekend. I may have some thahave what you want, but I’m not optimistic. Meanwhile, here’s the worst photo ever from this week…
View attachment 776220

A big bird in your neighborhood is trying to tell you something. Notice the placement directly in your field of vision.

Id take it as a friendly warning, it avoided the paint...

21" Arachnid only come with Summer tires. You can order some All-Seasons I believe from Tirerack (stock permitting).
19" Wheels should come with All-Seasons in colder climates (I'm not sure how they determine this), however some cars have been delivered with summer tires, even when some other cars on the same delivery truck have All-Seasons. You can ask you sales associate to have the tires switched to All-Seasons at no cost. You should make sure they agree to do this either before delivery or on delivery day before you sign. Multiple people on here have had this done.
Are the all-seasons better than summer tires?

All seasons are like a swiss army knife type tire. Good (enough) to handle almost any conditions... rain, snow, mud, ice, all temperatures, etc. Summer tires are high performance tires designed only for 40+ degree weather. They are "sticky" designed for extra grip and cornering. Problem is a few things... under 40 degrees they turn rock hard and are like driving on ice, and once you get into the 20-30 degree range, they can actual crack and fail. Also they wear much faster then a typical tire. Great if you live in FL, but anywhere else they force you to have two sets of tires/ wheels and swap them yearly. I'd prefer not to deal with them myself.

Last edited:

Keep in mind there are zero options for all season in the OEM size on the 21". People who have gone to A/S on the 21" have altered the rear size slightly.

Are the all-seasons better than summer tires?

For temps under 40ish absolutely. The summer are nice and soft in the warmer temps and stick well. I think they do better in rain as well. A/S just will have more sipes for snow/rain and the compound will stay more flexible the colder it gets.