Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 776442
This pic is horrible quality but a friend invited me to a PUC event he was speaking at in SF and I happily attended just for the random opportunity to get a picture of him with my license plate :). This was in 2014.....This is how much I love Tesla and the vision of Elon....praying I don't get screwed over with the purchase of my 4th Tesla on Saturday (and 5th MS LR in June)....
Elon is lucky to have you in his “entourage”. I’m a new comer to the Tesla Nation but realize that times and companies change and I won’t count on things being the way of the past. So far my Plaid has been sensational and an amazing experience for me. I’m glad I got the experience it before I leave this planet earth.

Unfortunately, SAs sometimes say anything it takes just to get you to accept the car. So that's why I'm recommending asking very specific questions.😃
Guy from Tesla (but my SA) called today asking if I want to trade in a car. My EDD is now 3/4 - 3/14. I asked him if it was a new build with the new lights….he said it will be “custom” built for me so it will have the new “features”. He went in to say a Model S Plaid which was built 2 weeks ago was just delivered to the Dublin, CA store and it has the new lights.

In any case, how long does it take to build a Model S? Are they all built in Fremont?

Guy from Tesla (but my SA) called today asking if I want to trade in a car. My EDD is now 3/4 - 3/14. I asked him if it was a new build with the new lights….he said it will be “custom” built for me so it will have the new “features”. He went in to say a Model S Plaid which was built 2 weeks ago was just delivered to the Dublin, CA store and it has the new lights.

In any case, how long does it take to build a Model S? Are they all built in Fremont?
Yes, all in Fremont. And he is unfortunately mistaken here. The lines went down on the 21st of Feb and didn't restart until 4-5 days later. So unless it's a prototype, there's no way it has the new lights.

And "custom" built????? WTF is this guy saying lol?? 🤣 There's no "custom" anything from Tesla! Won't be until the new Roadster arrives.

And on Model S build time, I don't have an exact number. Model Y and 3 take 10hrs from start to finish. I'd imagine maybe 20hrs max for Model S, likely closer to 12-14hrs. :)

Yes, all in Fremont. And he is unfortunately mistaken here. The lines went down on the 21st of Feb and didn't restart until 4-5 days later. So unless it's a prototype, there's no way it has the new lights.

And "custom" built????? WTF is this guy saying lol?? 🤣 There's no "custom" anything from Tesla! Won't be until the new Roadster arrives.

To be honest, sometimes I wonder whether the Tesla SAs are unprofessional or they just try to cheat you and sell you cars in the inventory.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi guys, RN1158 here, ordered 10/17/21. MS LR, red, 19”. EDD 3/19-3/31 and been steady for a few weeks now. No VIN yet, but hopefully any day now. Who here has an RN lower then 1158 and still waiting? Just trying to gauge if this is going to push or I’m going to see the car before end of this month.
Welcome to the thread. I'm a few weeks before you. I've been on the same EDD as well for a few weeks now. There's 1153's and later here with the same EDD as well. I think 16-31 is a place holder for many since it's the EOQ push (Though Elon mentioned not doing pushes). I'm expecting April for delivery since that was my original month when I ordered. Here's to hoping for sooner!

Welcome to the thread. I'm a few weeks before you. I've been on the same EDD as well for a few weeks now. There's 1153's and later here with the same EDD as well. I think 16-31 is a place holder for many since it's the EOQ push (Though Elon mentioned not doing pushes). I'm expecting April for delivery since that was my original month when I ordered. Here's to hoping for sooner!
1153 here. EDD 3/14-26

Hi guys, RN1158 here, ordered 10/17/21. MS LR, red, 19”. EDD 3/19-3/31 and been steady for a few weeks now. No VIN yet, but hopefully any day now. Who here has an RN lower then 1158 and still waiting? Just trying to gauge if this is going to push or I’m going to see the car before end of this month.
RN11461XX. There is a whole forum of us lower than RN1149! I ordered March 8, but changed my wheels - just the darn wheels - in June.

I thought you were joking about the badge covering a dent, but then I zoomed in and they wrote it on top of the trunk and circled them. Yikes!!!! :oops:
If those were the only dents, I'd still take that one in a heart beat. PDR should be able to get those out no issue.

Would happily come off hold and take that one today if I could. That's definitely better than getting assigned an old pre-lights refresh Vin....

Anyones guess but I’d give you little to no chance….

I am still waiting. RN1149 amd Dates just pushed again to 3/15-3/31 today. Coming up on 10 months and counting. I’m going to need to see a therapist after all this brain damage Tesla puts me through….

Jeeze... wonder why your RN is so much lower then mine, but your EDD is still further out? I've seen a few changes in EDD since I order, but it's stayed within 30-45 days (so far) of what it was when a timeframe first populated. Hard to think tires/ wheels would make that much of a difference. Although, I'm sure they have ramped production much better lately then when they first announced the refresh a year and half ago.