Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, let me try to find it if I can. Here's a 2022 model delivered in Jan to @IamGaryGnu:
a2b95976-1978-439d-b36f-11dd2b3ae3a8-jpeg.758165

If you look at the very bottom you can see the front of the seat control, not the lumbar. 😃
Here's more interior love

Attachments

• 20220305_150121.jpg
    20220305_150121.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 20220305_150128.jpg
    20220305_150128.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220305_150132.jpg
    20220305_150132.jpg
    634 KB · Views: 114
I’ve been running 20” sv104 (Michelin pilot Sport 4 all seasons) from the beginning (300 miles) and have put on about 2500 miles. My best wh/mile is about 285 while driving in chill mode at a sleepy 65. With the AC turned off, 70 degreees weather and no major elevation change

So yes, I think range is definitely affected. My average for the 2500 miles is 330wh/mile

I am running same size and tire. Mileage has taken a hit but no by much. Had for me to tell if mostly cold weather related. Found tire pressure effected range. Just a couple pounds more increased range slightly.

I am running same size and tire. Mileage has taken a hit but no by much. Had for me to tell if mostly cold weather related. Found tire pressure effected range. Just a couple pounds more increased range slightly.
Many variables, including weather. Having said that, in the past two months, as reported by TeslaMate, my efficiency during that period has improved by 25wH/mile since adding the SV104s with summer Pirelli sneakers. I was running the Tempests, w/o Aeros and Conti all seasons prior. Again, not a lot of mileage and mostly 60mph and below.

Many variables, including weather. Having said that, in the past two months, as reported by TeslaMate, my efficiency during that period has improved by 25wH/mile since adding the SV104s with summer Pirelli sneakers. I was running the Tempests, w/o Aeros and Conti all seasons prior. Again, not a lot of mileage and mostly 60mph and below.
I’d be very curious if the pirelli summers are the key to better wh/mile.

As I said, many variables. I have no idea. No long highway trips either. I can say, I haven’t noticed any negatives with the wheel and tire swap, in general - only positives, like crisper quick steering feel.
Did you move from the 21”? I can see the handling improvements from that perspective. Also I think the offset makes a difference. Mine are flush to the fenders - looks spectacular, but I suspect the OEM offset has slight efficiency gains

Did you move from the 21”? I can see the handling improvements from that perspective. Also I think the offset makes a difference. Mine are flush to the fenders - looks spectacular, but I suspect the OEM offset has slight efficiency gains
19” to 19”. Stock width and offset to stock width and offset SV104s.

I’ve been running 20” sv104 (Michelin pilot Sport 4 all seasons) from the beginning (300 miles) and have put on about 2500 miles. My best wh/mile is about 285 while driving in chill mode at a sleepy 65. With the AC turned off, 70 degreees weather and no major elevation change

So yes, I think range is definitely affected. My average for the 2500 miles is 330wh/mile
@MFrunkerOG - thanks so much for sharing. I am looking at same rim / tire combination for my MSM too. Are you running 265 all around with staggered offset? Jamie from signature suggested this setup if I wanted to prioritize efficiency while also have a wider stance / flush with fender in the rear.

@MFrunkerOG - thanks so much for sharing. I am looking at same rim / tire combination for my MSM too. Are you running 265 all around with staggered offset? Jamie from signature suggested this setup if I wanted to prioritize efficiency while also have a wider stance / flush with fender in the rear.
I’m running 265 fronts on a 9.5” rim width, 295 rears on a 10.5” rim width. The offsets are slightly changed from OEM offset as I wanted a flush fitting.

I don’t know how I feel about 265s all around. The car puts out so much power that the oem 285s in the back felt a bit inadequate. If I had to do it again, I’d reduce the wheel rim to 9” front and 10” rear and put 255 fronts / 285 rears and go slightly less than full flush (but not OEM offset)

The 255/285 combo is better suited for a 9”/10” wheel rim than the 9.5”/10.5”. And the full flush fitting increases drag

Last edited:
So my EDD was pushed from March 4 - March 14 to June/July just this week. But I just noticed that my exact build (color, wheels, options, etc) is now available in the “existing inventory” as a “demo” vehicle. It wasn’t there last week. Seems like more than a coincidence.

Is a Demo being test driven by potential buyers?

Did they find too many quality issues and decided not to sell it to a customer?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So my EDD was pushed from March 4 - March 14 to June/July just this week. But I just noticed that my exact build (color, wheels, options, etc) is now available in the “existing inventory” as a “demo” vehicle. It wasn’t there last week. Seems like more than a coincidence.

Is a Demo being test driven by potential buyers?

Did they find too many quality issues and decided not to sell it to a customer?
Maybe it’s @WilliamG’s “buy.” “back.” “beater.”! AKA, B3!

Just did a 1,500 mile road trip from Texas to Florida on the Plaid with 19” SV104’s. Driving at 70 to 78 mph for 350 Wh/mi. That’s approximately 65% efficient. Would have been much worse with the 21” arachnids. Love the SV104’s.
I ordered my first Tesla so all this numbers are new to me. I make a similar trip between Pennsylvania and Florida several times a year. How those numbers translate to range? Since we retired we stopped driving non stop. We now take 4 hour shifts. Get gas and switch drivers. We also add an overnight that would leave us about 6 hours for the last day.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Only five things left to make it complete:

1.) Ambient lighting throughout.
2.) Tesla quality control and vibration fix.
3.) Steering wheel/stalks option.
4.) Automatic folding seats in the rear like the Model Y.
5.) Front bumper camera.
6) 4680 batteries
7) Option for standard steering wheel
8) Auto closing frunk
9) Option for wood trim
10) Horn activation by pushing center of wheel

Yep, that's five.