Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this now, but not before the situation in January when I updated my financing. I only joined TMC in Feb. I have Cash selected now, but I think I'm trying to ask, do you think I would have had the same EDD pushback if I had Cash selected this whole time?
I don't think so. Typically EDD delays are caused by order changes. But as we've seen from many members here, it's just the crappy estimation system.

I don't think so. Typically EDD delays are caused by order changes. But as we've seen from many members here, it's just the crappy estimation system.
I was only occasionally looking at my EDD when it showed Oct, then I would check back every couple of weeks. Then in January when I was texted "Based on our current estimates we expect you to be paired with a vehicle for delivery soon." I thought wow, the car is actually coming soon. I have been on my own EDD rollercoaster since then including selling my car without having a VIN assigned (stupid me), I can't imagine doing this for 6 months + as some have.

including selling my car without having a VIN assigned (stupid me), I can't imagine doing this for 6 months + as some have.
Yeah I did one step worse by selling my car and canceling my personal auto insurance. Now I have a "gap" in my insurance history and I'm told that the larger auto insurers won't even insure me due to the gap. And when I do find insurance, it may be exorbitant.

Definitely suggested to call and ask for "insured non-owner" if you, at any time, own zero vehicles.

If your order is for LR, I feel it is more likely to get the order canceled than getting the old headlight if you remove the hold too late.

IMO, Tesla should put the rejected cars into inventory instead of assigning them to existing orders under this circumstance. If someone wants a car immediately and does not care about the lights, they can just call in to match or put an order.
Agreed

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah I did one step worse by selling my car and canceling my personal auto insurance. Now I have a "gap" in my insurance history and I'm told that the larger auto insurers won't even insure me due to the gap. And when I do find insurance, it may be exorbitant.

Definitely suggested to call and ask for "insured non-owner" if you, at any time, own zero vehicles.
Interesting. Thanks for the info, since I may be somewhat in a similar boat, living in a Tesla loaner for a bit once the buyback goes through and while I wait for the new car.

^ Sorry to hear that. Can you call who you cancelled back to re-instate? You may need to be provide a no loss during xx dates statement. I have done that with business insurance policies, not sure if it would work for an auto policy.

^ Sorry to hear that. Can you call who you cancelled back to re-instate? You may need to be provide a no loss during xx dates statement. I have done that with business insurance policies, not sure if it would work for an auto policy.
I was with Nationwide, and canceled them in early July 2021. A few months later (after I realized my mistake), I called about getting "insured non-owner" with them, they flat out told me no, and they couldn't reinstate any old policy, and that when I got a new car they would likely not be able to insure the new car due to the gap.

For LR you are probably right, I’d still wait though to be more certain.

For Plaids though, 3 old vins assigned in the last 3 days, just on this forum (myself included), so for Plaids, delaying to at least mid to late March isn’t a bad idea.
Just as an FYI, if anyone is considering releasing a hold for a Blue / White / Arachnid / Plaid and you really want the new headlights, probably need to wait....

The one they tried to give me a week ago (with the old headlights) is still showing as generic inventory in Brentwood Tn.

Although, if you DONT care about the new headlights, then go ahead, someone needs to get that one so I don't have to delay my hold longer. :cool:

EDD change alert! 😂

Blue on Black

Delivery got pushed to June 20 - July 18 now. It happened shortly after someone from Tesla called on Tuesday and asked if I have a trade in and want Tesla to price it. I wasn’t planning on trading in with Tesla until he called. I said sure and he updated the info. A few of days later the EDD was delayed to June/July. Is the trade (that I didn't plan on providing) the reason for my delay?
I have a blue/black on order too. My EDD date got pushed up from June 7-July 5 last week to May 26-June 23 this week. I read about changing the payment to cash and also stating no trade in. I did this on Friday and magically I will (hopefully) get it sooner. I'm not holding out too much hope but it was nice to see this today. My order date was October 13th for deliver in South Florida. Blue/Black/19/No FSD

I sold my car in December under similar circumstances as others here. When I called to cancel insurance from Geico, the agent recommended I keep some type of policy to maintain my history with Geico. I thought it was a sham but decided to do it anyway since I'd likely borrow cars at some point. $163 for 6 months seemed like something small, especially considering I was expecting my LR to come in the early part of the year (and I was assigned a VIN before holding a couple weeks ago). Reading some of the above posts on this, I'm glad I maintained some coverage, and glad that the Geico agent even mentioned it.

Great News! NHRA on March 1 changed the drag racing rules to allow 9 second passes at 150 mph for newer cars built after 2014 including Teslas without requiring a roll cage. The previous limit was 10 seconds. As I have run 9.295 @ 152.78 in the 1/4 mile and 5.985 @ 121.13 in the 1/8 I was prevented to make any more passes that quick. However, you are required to obtain a Level 6 SL driver's license requiring 6 qualifying test runs and either $165 for one year or $265 for two years. My 1/8 track only required 3 test runs and I mailed in my $265. One of my runs was 5.999 but I red-lighted by 0.001 seconds.

Great News! NHRA on March 1 changed the drag racing rules to allow 9 second passes at 150 mph for newer cars built after 2014 including Teslas without requiring a roll cage. The previous limit was 10 seconds. As I have run 9.295 @ 152.78 in the 1/4 mile and 5.985 @ 121.13 in the 1/8 I was prevented to make any more passes that quick. However, you are required to obtain a Level 6 SL driver's license requiring 6 qualifying test runs and either $165 for one year or $265 for two years. My 1/8 track only required 3 test runs and I mailed in my $265. One of my runs was 5.999 but I red-lighted by 0.001 seconds.
That is great. Unfortunate about the 150mph trap speed limit though.

They are allowing the older Plaids without the matrix lights and diffused tail lights on the track?