Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1647314064853.png

WTF

Ok cool!

I just put a brand new set of 19’s from a LR 2.0 on my car tonight. Going to do some range testing. I can already tell it rides way smoother, but I only drove about 5 miles.

That’s about as unhinged as I’ve got at the moment.
Yep, 19” with Contis are as smooth as buttah! And 19” pirellis on SV104s for the summer is heaven on wheels! 🤣

It's up.

Model S and X got a $5K increase for LR and $6K for Plaid
Model 3 got a $2K/$2.5K/$2K increase
Model Y got a $3K increase on LR and P
Soo...maybe with all this news my indecision might be reduced with new features and being able to sell the car at only a slight loss, of it has issues I can't live with...

Anyone notice the Model S LR with 19” dropped from 412 to 405 miles range.

I wonder if that might be due to the Summer tires?

I also wonder if that applies to all Refresh+ with 19”
Yeah 412 was the original, non-EPA estimate that was given on the reveal date of Jan 27th 2021. The EPA ended up rating it at a slightly lower, 405 miles. :)

At this rate Tesla will absolutely need the lower end, lower dollar car. This demand will not last forever…it may last for awhile, but it won’t forever. At some point there’s a sub-$60k market that needs to be addressed.

Unless the next major update to FSD is the robotaxi mode and we can all make money with our cars. 😁

Except @Tigers. He won’t make money with his car.

At this rate Tesla will absolutely need the lower end, lower dollar car. This demand will not last forever…it may last for awhile, but it won’t forever. At some point there’s a sub-$60k market that needs to be addressed.

Unless the next major update to FSD is the robotaxi mode and we can all make money with our cars. 😁

Agreed, although, they'll have so many levers available to pull if needed. I'm sure that at high scale (ie when Model 3 is at scale in Texas with 4680s), they can get that car down to $30,000. Probably $35,000 for the Y. I'm not too sure they'll need a cheaper car until after 2025. Then I see it happening for sure. There will be a market for these smaller cars even with robotaxi, as not everyone unable to afford a 60k car will want to only use a taxi. It'll be awesome to have a little compact Tesla in the lineup!

He prolly won't loose money, with inflation and used car prices being what they are...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid