Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah just f of luck I guess . Older vin than what I didn’t take in February . They must have been holding it for me , lol. Already had the email from Tesla that if order put on hold again they ll cancel my order. Bummer, will have to buy a car which is slightly dated.
Could just rejecting it when you go to pick it up solve the problem with a hold?

Yeah just f of luck I guess . Older vin than what I didn’t take in February . They must have been holding it for me , lol. Already had the email from Tesla that if order put on hold again they ll cancel my order. Bummer, will have to buy a car which is slightly dated.
Yeah that sucks, on the bright side you’re paying less for the car I assume

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So, on this day, March 17, 2022, the buyback of my *ahem* troublesome 2021 Model S Plaid was complete. I'm now the proud custodian of a Mid-range 2018 Model 3 as my loaner, while I await my new 2022 Model S Plaid, with updated hinges.

I'd like to thank TMC, my family and my friends, who were with me through thick and thin, - all the turmoil. Actually, my family couldn't care less. So I'd like to thank my friends and TMC, who were with me through thick and thin, - all the turmoil. Actually, my friends wished I'd shut up about it. So I'd like to thank TMC. Thank you, TMC. My buyback *cough* hinged....*cough* upon your guidance and support.
OK so you're not currently an owner of a Tesla car, like me, and you're driving a loaner. How do I play that game?

I'm brand new to TMC. This morning my delivery date was moved from May/June to July-Sep. Ordered the car in Sep. 2021. Anybody know what's up?
Anecdotally, some people have reporting receiving a VIN shortly after their order got pushed way out from the previous date, but YMMV. As others said, if you share the RN we might be able to guess better based on others in that range.

There’s a lot of chitchat on this thread but no VIN assignments. Anyone receive a VIN lately?
Nope, Delivery 3/23-31 and no VIN xD

Just got my EDD moved from June- July to March 25 - April 10th. We shall see. Not holding my breath. Seems to be a false positive. MSP wht/blk 19s. OD 3/03
Yeah, My order is potentially a week away with no VIN....so I'm in the same boat
Original order date 7/12/21

At what point do I ask Tesla, if I will be getting a VIN? Do I wait until 3/22?

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not sure what that means in the timeline, but least looks like getting a new one and not left over inventory 🤪

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 87