Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, Delivery 3/23-31 and no VIN xD

Yeah, My order is potentially a week away with no VIN....so I'm in the same boat
Original order date 7/12/21

At what point do I ask Tesla, if I will be getting a VIN? Do I wait until 3/22?
When I asked via text about my build date but got an unsatisfactory answer I went to the Tesla Gallery store in Southlake and they looked my order up by RN. I'd suggest checking like that would be the next step to sort the VIN out. I wouldn't wait.

Thanks, hopefully I can find a use for them LOL
I use the FOB every day. For me it is the only way to unlock all doors. I have drivers door only unlock set and it appears that the only way to unlock the other doors is a second double click the center button on the FOB. You can not do it from the phone key.

Also now that my power frunk has arrived I will use the FOB to open the frunk almost daily.

I use the FOB every day. For me it is the only way to unlock all doors. I have drivers door only unlock set and it appears that the only way to unlock the other doors is a second double click the center button on the FOB. You can not do it from the phone key.

Also now that my power frunk has arrived I will use the FOB to open the frunk almost daily.
I have been accused of being gullible quite a few times. Power frunk? Or are you pulling a new hinges?

I have been accused of being gullible quite a few times. Power frunk? Or are you pulling a new hinges?
Not unhinged. But certainly new power struts. There’s several third party power frunk options. EVOffer and HansShow are 2. I have the latter on wife’s MYP. It makes it so much more usable when you can fully open and close frunk with screen, fob, app, inner switch (ok, only close with this one)

When I asked via text about my build date but got an unsatisfactory answer I went to the Tesla Gallery store in Southlake and they looked my order up by RN. I'd suggest checking like that would be the next step to sort the VIN out. I wouldn't wait.
What is the harm in waiting? Is it not good?
If I don't get anything by 3/22 I might go bug the one in Legacy West area

Was this unsolicited text from Tesla? Or was it your SA's response to your non-stop inquiries? Congrats
Neither? Was my first inquiry to their website chat just to see what they recommended. When I ordered last year, I expected lot's of issues/delays so I haven't really seen a reason to bother them. Just come here for the family friendly fun.

1) seems car is in production
2) just get pre-approval
3) wait

Working on getting my M3P ready for sale more than anything :)

Last edited:
Yeah just f of luck I guess . Older vin than what I didn’t take in February . They must have been holding it for me , lol. Already had the email from Tesla that if order put on hold again they ll cancel my order. Bummer, will have to buy a car which is slightly dated.
Just call the Tesla line and get any SA to detach that vin for you. No hold needed. I've done that twice in the past without issue.

Oh, you let the cat out of the bag. Tesla chat site going down...

What is the harm in waiting? Is it not good?
If I don't get anything by 3/22 I might go bug the one in Legacy West area

Neither? Was my first inquiry to their website chat just to see what they recommended. When I ordered last year, I expected lot's of issues/delays so I haven't really seen a reason to bother them. Just come here for the family friendly fun.

1) seems car is in production
2) just get pre-approval
3) wait

Working on getting my M3P ready for sale more than anything :)
I truly don't even know which buttons and links to click on the Tesla site to get to a chat. In my trials, most of the "Contact Us" choose-your-own-adventure ends with a link to some other support page. (YOU DIED.)

Edit. After a bunch of poking around I have found a chat bubble sometimes appears on some pages on the lower right corner. Ok then.

Last edited:
Good point. I don't think I've ever seen a chat link

I suppose this shows up sometimes on the lower right corner.

1647617078337.png

I had the EVOffer version on my 2021 Raven and used it a ton. The revision for the 2021+ MS is shipping now. I have not installed it yet but here is a video of it in action. Is this your car @artsci ?

FWIW, I have experience with both companies and strongly prefer EVOffer.

More discussion here: Power frunk coming for 2021+ Model S

Last edited:
Tesla is the new Porsche for performance purposes. It’s already better at everything else. :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah just f of luck I guess . Older vin than what I didn’t take in February . They must have been holding it for me , lol. Already had the email from Tesla that if order put on hold again they ll cancel my order. Bummer, will have to buy a car which is slightly dated.
Unless you do a lot of night driving getting a slightly dated S refreshed isn’t a bad thing, especially if it’s cheaper and the vibration issues aren’t present. You‘ll love the car!