Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier at Eatonville SC in Orlando.

8CE759A3-FD63-45D0-A698-9A854A760EF2.jpeg
ED7EF7A5-3990-4C73-A762-6720FA33FFD9.jpeg
B3D4E66B-F4D6-4500-9C49-30A2615E0863.jpeg

Interestingly, a new model S LR custom build on the website has an EDD of July. Assuming Tesla is at all accurate with its ability to predict, I have to imagine that those who ordered in 2021 are up much sooner than later for VIN assignment…

That's quite an assumption, regarding accuracy...

Perhaps they have to match all the old a** cars with those whiney early adopters first...

Not going to touch my order, and keep my head down until I get a VIN...

See eye candy at the bottom.

This is just a dump of observations in no particular order or priority.

1) Someone screwed up making the “Pull Tag” on the FOB’s. There is a pull tab to make the battery make contract. It just refused to pull out. Even after removing the cover it still wouldn’t come out. I had to pry the battery out with a screwdriver. Geesh.

2) I’ll do a separate post on a mess that occurred paying for it because the App is absolutely stupid.

3) Car looks perfect. 3rd Tesla with zero defects at delivery. My X never saw a service center until I traded it, hope that wasn't a stupid move.

4) No vibration (yet).

5) Came with summer tires. I don’t mind them as long as they don’t eat range.

6) Door Tag says Build 03/22

7) I traded a 2019 Model X Raven. The S was smaller than I expected (it might be the firmness of the ride that gives me that impression). I miss the soft closing doors. I DO NOT miss the door closing or opening. My wife, my friend and I all keep leaving the Model S doors a jar. I kinda of always thought the X was a tall body on top of an S chassis. It really isn’t. I had a Model 3 Performance and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. I got rid of both and got the X and a Chevy Volt. The X really felt like the Jeep (in a good way). Beefy, could go any where, tow anything and stuff it to the gills. I used my X exactly like the Jeep. There were a few things I didn’t like about the X and the S solved most of them. But going to the S feels more like going back to the Model 3. It feels like a big Model 3 than a short Model X. Over time I think I’ll appreciate the S for it’s handling (which I did miss going from 3 to Jeep or X). But I missed the “Mass” of X, hard to describe. The current X was not worth upgrading from Raven X (with LESS range than a Raven X). I also lost free supercharging which was nice and I did use now and then. I’m not sold on Landscape screen is better than Portrait. They cut the wheel off which didn’t block the view of the road. And put a screen up higher that does block some view of the road. Hello.

8) I sensed the bounciness folks mentioned. But I’m not sure i had everything optimal for a cushy ride. It feels much better now after more adjustments but I did not retrace that same road and speeds. It feels great around town now hitting small potholes etc. Firm but handles bumps nice. Not sure how firm these summer tires are either. Running 42 lbs.

9) The bugs related to V11 and Refresh are a bit annoying. Things missing I had before (on Legacy V11). Like DashCam Icon, customizing the Instrument Cluster. Quite a few things are better on V11 with Refresh though. It has potential to be very good.

10) Surprised pedestrian alarm is only in reverse (which is great).

11) I think the Drive Selector (PRND) works great. I do not use the Auto Select. I was surprised to see PRND lights below the wireless charger.

12) I brought my old SSD drive that had Music and TeslaCAM, I pulled the Tesla one and put mine in. Then I Formatted the drive. It totally mangled the partitions. It doesn’t seem to like the Dual Partitions. So I put the Tesla USB Drive in. Formatted that with car. Then put only Music on my SSD and it’s all good.

13) Blinkers are gonna be hard to get used too. Other controls not hard because wipers, cruise control, voice prompt are different in every car. I set AutoPilot to Double Click. 1 Click is an accident waiting to happened.

14) Don’t hate the Yoke yet, but I don’t love it either. What bugs me more than the top missing is it being so thick and uncomfortable to grip. Steering on highway or parking lot hasn’t been too bad.

15) Sales person didn’t know the car had a cigarette lighter power socket.

16) Peabody MA SC was pretty dam good.

17) Wished they had not installed the front plate bracket. But with no bolts and matching car color it looks pretty good. Might save the bumper from a ding ;) I need it on for inspection anyway. I might leave it. No stops in 3 years without one.

18) I bought this reservation from a member. We split the savings. Total gentleman. Dan G. But we realized deep in that it probably was not worth what he made on the deal. More on that in another post. He ordered it in September. I had an order in I made in December due next month.

19) Try not to pick up on Saturday. Service department is understaffed and parts department closed. Lucky we didn’t need service.

20) Headlights don’t seem all that much brighter than my Raven X. They very well could be, not side by side test. Also one it was one of those damp nights that headlights just get sucked into the void. Maybe on low beam they are better. I know software might improve them in the future too.

21) Stereo doesn’t seem all that much better than Raven X. Again no side by side. But it's very good.

22) Cabin doesn’t seem all that much quieter than Raven X. Could be just tires. My X had Pirelli Performance P Zero Winter tires. Which I absolutely love and were very quiet. I really want to get those for the S.

23) Ride not quite as cozy as Raven X, I’m hoping ANC might help just a tiny bit. It might be that I was expecting Lexus quiet, it’s not.

24) Seats not quite as comfy as Raven X, but still very very good.

25) Range and efficiency look great so far. So cool to charge to 80% (my standard) and have 324 miles range.

26) Car is making a lot of fan noise after it’s done charging, sounds like the heater is going, but it’s manually shut off.

27) Tesla gave me $88,500 ($94,000 if you include tax) for my 2019 Model X (7 Seat MSM, FSD, 26K miles). On my order Tesla was gonna give me $94K plus tax (still active). But I highly suspect it would drop by the time it was delivered next month.

28) OEM Mudflaps look awful and perform awful. Thought I found a set at TESTAP but they are for pre-refresh. I like the molded type.

29) No OEM Sun screen for panorama roof. I find that odd. Might try 3rd party. I had one in my 3 and it made cabin much cozier.

30) Wish the 19” wheels were not so damn ugly (with or without covers).

31) Surprised to see the Performance Pedals.

32) I could not sense any change in Suspension from Firm to Soft testing it on a Speed Bump. But it took it pretty good.

33) Slight worm in the soon to be horn button.

34) Finally rear view mirror that isn’t so dark (like my X was).

35) USB Music scanning seems WAY faster. Still buggy though, around Album Artist stuff. Still can’t search your own USB Music.

36) Curious if the bug that at End of Call the Volume jumps for a moment.

37) I’m so psyched that a Model X Hitch will bolt right on. Plan to order one Monday.

38) All pieces supplied, covers, privacy, fobs, cards, mats etc.

39) It was raining, but pickup was all indoors which was really nice. Car is all dirty from drive home though, Need to wash it today

40) Setting up KeyCards and FOB was a little goofy and a confusing. Now I get it. They were already there, added to the car, but you still had to scan them once to active the slots already present. I had a Model 3 with cards before.

41) Homelink was a chore. My home link controls just acquire dust in a drawer. Not sure if they were working or good batteries. I tried using D-mode but It didn’t seem to send a signal out long enough for opener to pick it up. It was like instant. Sometimes it would take longer, sometimes instant. I used the same method in my Volt to conform and it worked fine. Then I dug out the old remotes and used Standard mode. After learning batteries were dead. That whole thing took a good 1.5 hrs including trying to use the Volt to teach the S. ugh.

42) I think all my ambient lights work, not sure where they are all supposed to be. Slight improvement over the X.

43) Seems most people getting new cars get stuck in OTA Update limbo for a while. So I don’t have the ANC yet. I think it’s like 3-4 month old firmware.

44) Waiting for MaxPider Mats to be released for Refresh next month. Those help with making cabin cozier. I doubled them up with stock mats in my X.

45) Submitted cancelation on my X extended warranty. I'm hoping to get most back. It never activated. $4800 (and that was the discounted price).

46) Waiting for "Remove Vehicle" button to go active so we can transfer the car to my account.

47) I saw something peeling on one of the door handles. It was the shipping protection plastic. Some handles were peeled and some not. It's really hard to see it. Look closely. There are like 6 separate pieces. Easy to miss. I think the flat area behind the handle when open might have it there too but it's hard to see or reach a corner to grab it.

51950441805_0484865312_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh that's wild.... So it's maybe something they can fix with update? Or just gaffed 🤣

I put in a work order for mine and they remotely probed me. There was a weird calibration ritual every time and sometimes would not calibrate for an hour or so. It is much better now but not always 100% functionally discernable. I do have aftermarket 20" wheels. In about two weeks, I will put the OEM 21" back on and see what that does to it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And so… the engineer in me wanted to show you the “naked eye” view…. But how I pondered….

Well, I broke out an old fashioned arts and craft Polaroid-like camera and took a shot. Then digitized by taking an iPhone digital picture of the still (zero led refresh going on) and wala, the naked eye look of a lot old style Plaid tail light 🤜 (that’s a “bro fist,” bro)!

So you you can see the FUD version and naked eye view version. Reality is somewhat in between the two as the Polaroid doesn’t have the resolution that the iPhone does. Enjoy!

View attachment 783196View attachment 783197
Is that a custom cover for the sofa? Where’d you get it? My leather sofa is taking a beating.

See eye candy at the bottom.

This is just a dump of observations in no particular order or priority.

1) Someone screwed up making the “Pull Tag” on the FOB’s. There is a pull tab to make the battery make contract. It just refused to pull out. Even after removing the cover it still wouldn’t come out. I had to pry the battery out with a screwdriver. Geesh.

2) I’ll do a separate post on a mess that occurred paying for it because the App is absolutely stupid.

3) Car looks perfect. 3rd Tesla with zero defects at delivery. My X never saw a service center until I traded it, hope that wasn't a stupid move.

4) No vibration (yet).

5) Came with summer tires. I don’t mind them as long as they don’t eat range.

6) Door Tag says Build 03/22

7) I traded a 2019 Model X Raven. The S was smaller than I expected (it might be the firmness of the ride that gives me that impression). I miss the soft closing doors. I DO NOT miss the door closing or opening. My wife, my friend and I all keep leaving the Model S doors a jar. I kinda of always thought the X was a tall body on top of an S chassis. It really isn’t. I had a Model 3 Performance and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. I got rid of both and got the X and a Chevy Volt. The X really felt like the Jeep (in a good way). Beefy, could go any where, tow anything and stuff it to the gills. I used my X exactly like the Jeep. There were a few things I didn’t like about the X and the S solved most of them. But going to the S feels more like going back to the Model 3. It feels like a big Model 3 than a short Model X. Over time I think I’ll appreciate the S for it’s handling (which I did miss going from 3 to Jeep or X). But I missed the “Mass” of X, hard to describe. The current X was not worth upgrading from Raven X (with LESS range than a Raven X). I also lost free supercharging which was nice and I did use now and then. I’m not sold on Landscape screen is better than Portrait. They cut the wheel off which didn’t block the view of the road. And put a screen up higher that does block some view of the road. Hello.

8) I sensed the bounciness folks mentioned. But I’m not sure i had everything optimal for a cushy ride. It feels much better now after more adjustments but I did not retrace that same road and speeds. It feels great around town now hitting small potholes etc. Firm but handles bumps nice. Not sure how firm these summer tires are either. Running 42 lbs.

9) The bugs related to V11 and Refresh are a bit annoying. Things missing I had before (on Legacy V11). Like DashCam Icon, customizing the Instrument Cluster. Quite a few things are better on V11 with Refresh though. It has potential to be very good.

10) Surprised pedestrian alarm is only in reverse (which is great).

11) I think the Drive Selector (PRND) works great. I do not use the Auto Select. I was surprised to see PRND lights below the wireless charger.

12) I brought my old SSD drive that had Music and TeslaCAM, I pulled the Tesla one and put mine in. Then I Formatted the drive. It totally mangled the partitions. It doesn’t seem to like the Dual Partitions. So I put the Tesla USB Drive in. Formatted that with car. Then put only Music on my SSD and it’s all good.

13) Blinkers are gonna be hard to get used too. Other controls not hard because wipers, cruise control, voice prompt are different in every car. I set AutoPilot to Double Click. 1 Click is an accident waiting to happened.

14) Don’t hate the Yoke yet, but I don’t love it either. What bugs me more than the top missing is it being so thick and uncomfortable to grip. Steering on highway or parking lot hasn’t been too bad.

15) Sales person didn’t know the car had a cigarette lighter power socket.

16) Peabody MA SC was pretty dam good.

17) Wished they had not installed the front plate bracket. But with no bolts and matching car color it looks pretty good. Might save the bumper from a ding ;) I need it on for inspection anyway. I might leave it. No stops in 3 years without one.

18) I bought this reservation from a member. We split the savings. Total gentleman. Dan G. But we realized deep in that it probably was not worth what he made on the deal. More on that in another post. He ordered it in September. I had an order in I made in December due next month.

19) Try not to pick up on Saturday. Service department is understaffed and parts department closed. Lucky we didn’t need service.

20) Headlights don’t seem all that much brighter than my Raven X. They very well could be, not side by side test. Also one it was one of those damp nights that headlights just get sucked into the void. Maybe on low beam they are better. I know software might improve them in the future too.

21) Stereo doesn’t seem all that much better than Raven X. Again no side by side. But it's very good.

22) Cabin doesn’t seem all that much quieter than Raven X. Could be just tires. My X had Pirelli Performance P Zero Winter tires. Which I absolutely love and were very quiet. I really want to get those for the S.

23) Ride not quite as cozy as Raven X, I’m hoping ANC might help just a tiny bit. It might be that I was expecting Lexus quiet, it’s not.

24) Seats not quite as comfy as Raven X, but still very very good.

25) Range and efficiency look great so far. So cool to charge to 80% (my standard) and have 324 miles range.

26) Car is making a lot of fan noise after it’s done charging, sounds like the heater is going, but it’s manually shut off.

27) Tesla gave me $88,500 ($94,000 if you include tax) for my 2019 Model X (7 Seat MSM, FSD, 26K miles). On my order Tesla was gonna give me $94K plus tax (still active). But I highly suspect it would drop by the time it was delivered next month.

28) OEM Mudflaps look awful and perform awful. Thought I found a set at TESTAP but they are for pre-refresh. I like the molded type.

29) No OEM Sun screen for panorama roof. I find that odd. Might try 3rd party. I had one in my 3 and it made cabin much cozier.

30) Wish the 19” wheels were not so damn ugly (with or without covers).

31) Surprised to see the Performance Pedals.

32) I could not sense any change in Suspension from Firm to Soft testing it on a Speed Bump. But it took it pretty good.

33) Slight worm in the soon to be horn button.

34) Finally rear view mirror that isn’t so dark (like my X was).

35) USB Music scanning seems WAY faster. Still buggy though, around Album Artist stuff. Still can’t search your own USB Music.

36) Curious if the bug that at End of Call the Volume jumps for a moment.

37) I’m so psyched that a Model X Hitch will bolt right on. Plan to order one Monday.

38) All pieces supplied, covers, privacy, fobs, cards, mats etc.

39) It was raining, but pickup was all indoors which was really nice. Car is all dirty from drive home though, Need to wash it today

40) Setting up KeyCards and FOB was a little goofy and a confusing. Now I get it. They were already there, added to the car, but you still had to scan them once to active the slots already present. I had a Model 3 with cards before.

41) Homelink was a chore. My home link controls just acquire dust in a drawer. Not sure if they were working or good batteries. I tried using D-mode but It didn’t seem to send a signal out long enough for opener to pick it up. It was like instant. Sometimes it would take longer, sometimes instant. I used the same method in my Volt to conform and it worked fine. Then I dug out the old remotes and used Standard mode. After learning batteries were dead. That whole thing took a good 1.5 hrs including trying to use the Volt to teach the S. ugh.

42) I think all my ambient lights work, not sure where they are all supposed to be. Slight improvement over the X.

43) Seems most people getting new cars get stuck in OTA Update limbo for a while. So I don’t have the ANC yet. I think it’s like 3-4 month old firmware.

44) Waiting for MaxPider Mats to be released for Refresh next month. Those help with making cabin cozier. I doubled them up with stock mats in my X.

45) Submitted cancelation on my X extended warranty. I'm hoping to get most back. It never activated. $4800 (and that was the discounted price).

46) Waiting for "Remove Vehicle" button to go active so we can transfer the car to my account.

47) I saw something peeling on one of the door handles. It was the shipping protection plastic. Some handles were peeled and some not. It's really hard to see it. Look closely. There are like 6 separate pieces. Easy to miss. I think the flat area behind the handle when open might have it there too but it's hard to see or reach a corner to grab it.

51950441805_0484865312_b_d.jpg

@mswlogo But, will your light weight Porsche scissor jack, from the 3, work on your S?! 😉

The Orlando SC has the worst parking. Where is the storage lot located?

Down the street, passing the Land Rover dealer. But yeah, no parking, bunch of dead old Teslas collecting dust all over the place 😄

Interestingly enough, when I dropped off my Y this morning at around 8:30am I noticed the refreshed + gettin prepped. I went back to pick up my Y 30 mins ago and the refreshed + was washed and ready and there was a blue refreshed also getting delivered...so somebody is getting a little screwed today.

I think something is wrong hardware-wise or we’d see a lot more people with this problem. Doesn’t really matter now as the car is gone. Hopefully Tesla fixes it before the next owner gets it.
My software complaint of the day, was out last night and my car got hit by a tow truck trying to tow truck next to me (I was wondering why he sped off when I walked up).
My car caught literally every single person walking by my car. BUT did not capture the truck HITTING my car -_-*