Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s weird because literally a week ago I went to the Tesla service center in Rocklin and asked to change the color of my car, this was few days before price increase. The guy who was helping me said that if the price on the vehicle had changed since my order then I would be paying the new price.
He also didn’t change the color even though he said he did, so really I’m not sure what to make of it.

Well all, I got my Plaid this morning. The car is truly amazing, and gorgeous (Red with Arachnids). It's now 8:30PM and the self driving finally calibrated and I'm fully enabled. It really does make any other car feel like yesterday's tech. Kinda like a 70's car in the early 80's. Time to move on. Thanks for the therapy here while I waited. All you LR folks, stay strong. My God, I can't believe how long you folks have to wait. What's the deal? Just a ton of orders?

P.S. Yes, fit and finish isn't 100% perfect but I don't give a crap about that. It's 99% and the rest of the car way, way more than makes up for any little blemishes or panel gaps that aren't within 1mm. And the refreshed door hinges really are a leap of technology.

P.P.S. The car is so stupid quick and fast that I am just waiting for legislation to address this. Grandma really shouldn't have this kind of missile under her right foot. Especially, when she thinks its the brake pedal.
IMG_1663_LI (3).jpg

Last edited:
Well all, I got my Plaid this morning. The car is truly amazing, and gorgeous (Red with Arachnids). It's now 8:30PM and the self driving finally calibrated and I'm fully enabled. It really does make any other car feel like yesterday's tech. Kinda like a 70's car in the early 80's. Time to move on. Thanks for the therapy here while I waited. All you LR folks, stay strong. My God, I can't believe how long you folks have to wait. What's the deal? Just a ton of orders?

P.S. Yes, fit and finish isn't 100% perfect but I don't give a crap about that. It's 99% and the rest of the car way, way more than makes up for any little blemishes or panel gaps that aren't within 1mm. And the refreshed door hinges really are a leap of technology.

P.P.S. The car is so stupid quick and fast that I am just waiting for legislation to address this. Grandma really shouldn't have this kind of missile under her right foot. Especially, when she thinks its the brake pedal.
And Grandpa too? I freaked out my 14 year old grandson the first time he road with me. He said let me out of here!

That’s weird because literally a week ago I went to the Tesla service center in Rocklin and asked to change the color of my car, this was few days before price increase. The guy who was helping me said that if the price on the vehicle had changed since my order then I would be paying the new price.
He also didn’t change the color even though he said he did, so really I’m not sure what to make of it.
Well, apparently now it is doable.🤷‍♂️

I can confirm they are but ONLY for orders placed since August, 2021.
Please speak with an SA and ask them to perform the change while confirming no change to price.
I was able to do this for my order from August 15th last week :)
I’d also like to note that I had a VIN assigned. I unmatched. Changed color from MSM to Red.
My EDD has now shifted to April 05 - May 10
just a data point for everyone here.

All I know is when I look at the pricing in the automated tool in my order status, the price goes up if I want to switch…
do it with an SA (preferably even in-person at a Tesla store).
Confirm with them if they know about the change to policy first (they should be aware).
Have them put in the color change request on their end. Worked for me.

Who is this Daniel and if my order from last July is assigned an old vin how can I contact him and begin begging lol
Daniel is the Loyalty Advisor I hooked up some of the members here. He’s a great source of information and is very helpful. But he can’t change what the Order Delivery team/guys do.

P.P.S. The car is so stupid quick and fast that I am just waiting for legislation to address this. Grandma really shouldn't have this kind of missile under her right foot. Especially, when she thinks its the brake pedal.View attachment 783356
Please more pictures of my chosen car :)

I'm from Europe and we have to wait till end of this year... Hopefully of course... I have ordered January 2021 🙃

Interestingly, a new model S LR custom build on the website has an EDD of July. Assuming Tesla is at all accurate with its ability to predict, I have to imagine that those who ordered in 2021 are up much sooner than later for VIN assignment…
And my EDD just updated to 4/7-4/28. Earlier it was 4/5-5/10. This was after it moved suddenly from 3/25-3/31.

Problem is that when I called them first , they told me no worries we ll unmatch this car from your account and give you another. Then I get a call sorry can’t be done without price hike. Then they say we can try it but system may cancel it. I feel service centers are not very well informed on how things work. I can guarntee you some of SAs don’t even know the difference between the old “ ass “ car and the new “ass” car 😜

As of two weeks ago, some SA did not even know there was a new a** car.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid