Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...8 weeks to go till my Hold is up..

I'll accept I might have vibration issues on the LR, but will not stand for phantom braking on the new vision system. Anyone without radar have this?

Minor nits I'd like input on, from those like @VikH that took delivery recently:

Seat wrinkles

Mismatched rear left door lower edge and interior trim.

Missing trunk covers

Missing ANR and ambient lights

"Bottom of a coke bottle" glass on IC.

Hard closing doors

Reverse lighting "Feature" in center cubby

Thanks in advance...

I didn't notice any seat wrinkles, but didn't look hard.

Missing privacy cover. Car came with floor cover and corner cover.

Missing ANR. There are ambient lights in the footwells and door pockets.

I don't know what bottom of coke bottle is

Doors are hard to close but are getting easier. Door seals are wonky as hell.

Center cubby lights work as they should.

Extras:

Sometimes the rear trunk will not close. It is misaligned. Metal trunk latch plate was dented too.

Initially had really bad shudder/rattling under hard acceleration. I put 100 miles on the car and it seems to have reduced. Maybe the half shafts need to be broken in.

Auto dimming of screens is not great. Sometimes displays are too dim.

I love it too! It's so dramatic in its opening!

Not in practice. The door closed on an inserted charging cable yesterday, articulated in a weird way and it ended up scratching the paint near the charge port. FFS Tesla.

Also there is no capacitive touch or any sort of touch function on the charge port door to open it up. Have to use app/screen or button on charger.

Within spec. Deliver it.

In all seriousness, people a freaking idiots
271E59F9-6B15-4025-B410-E6F034D87F5C_1_102_o.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not in practice. The door closed on an inserted charging cable yesterday, articulated in a weird way and it ended up scratching the paint near the charge port. FFS Tesla.

Also there is no capacitive touch or any sort of touch function on the charge port door to open it up. Have to use app/screen or button on charger.

Suggestion: Maybe tape a piece paper between the hatch and car when opening for the first time? Part of the pre-delivery checklist?

With all this talk of 2.0 refresh and soon 3.0, etc. UsS on the 1.0 are stuck enjoying the little "upgrades" in life. Finally fixed a rattle myself that the SC has not been able to permanently fix in three tries. Drove the car with a huge poop eating grin to the office this morning. It is the little victories with Tesla...

With all this talk of 2.0 refresh and soon 3.0, etc. UsS on the 1.0 are stuck enjoying the little "upgrades" in life. Finally fixed a rattle myself that the SC has not been able to permanently fix in three tries. Drove the car with a huge poop eating grin to the office this morning. It is the little victories with Tesla...
Tell us more!

Here is my observations based on looking at 4 or more refreshes.

I think the gaps on the left passenger door are due to miss-located door
hinges. No fixing that after the fact.

Parcel shelf and other missing parts are lame, but will come eventually.

Door seals on a demo I saw at a store we're not fully installed. Fixed it in front of an SA.

Suspect the trunk could be adjusted with the adjustable bumpers. The SvC might screw it up and crack your roof, it has happened.

The coke bottle comment has to do with the layer of glass on the IC. Apparently a bunch of little dots show through. Pic somewhere on this thread.

So, my major concerns are vibration, and poor AP behavior. Neither one will be fixed willingly by Tesla, IMO.

With the LA district attorney we have, doubt any time spent in the Grey Bar Hotel. Hope insurance company goes after him though.
I was going to basically say the same thing, this is California, they will see absolutely 0 time behind bars.
Money will once again solve it and the stupidity will continue because more of that type of “more money than brains” crowd will see that money solves any problems.