Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you move your non Tesla car to Tesla insurance?

I wish, they won't insure non Tesla cars, nor will they give a multi car discount.

Just glad my cost to insure the MS is 70 a month like it was before the accident, not 305 a month like Farmers tried to stick me for.

Insurance is a scam. Lady that hit me no current DL, no insurance, when I pushed back and challenged her account as to fault, the insurance company rolled over despite a witness in my car and accepted her fraudulent claim for BI. Now I have Bodily injury claim on my record as well.

I'll bet her lawyer and her got a good payday and I'm sure she is still uninsured.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Update: Just got a vin! NF475. EDD now shows 3/26-4/5.
Throw on some 19 inch all season on that baby and send it to KC to fulfill this 1151 order.

I feel like I have been waiting in line at Hagrids Motorbike adventure at Universal studios for 5 hours and keep getting passed by all the fast pass riders. I look at them with disgust but it 100 percent due to jealousy.

I am happy you got your VIN though! Enjoy!

My Plaid was scheduled to be delivered on the 23rd but the weather forecast was looking terrible, so I tried calling Tesla to see if they could move it one day earlier. To my surprise, they said they could do it, and a few minutes later my app showed the new delivery date. Now it's only about 18 hours and counting, and I'll be able to pick it up on a warm-ish sunny day, even earlier than expected. Woohoo. 😁

Hopefully I'll get it back from the detailer soon so I can start to create some more content for my Tesla YouTube channel. I'm planning to start with an in-depth comparison of the performance of MCU2 vs MCU3 and a side-by-side comparison of the headlights vs my 2017 Model S 75D (shot with a proper video camera with manual exposure for an accurate comparison). I'm interested to see if the lights are as much of an improvement as people say, though of course they will only get better once Tesla releases software updates to take full advantage of their capabilities.

You can pay by wire on the spot, after inspection, multiple ways. No delay.

They will also take a photocopy or scan from the bank/credit union. Did that for wife’s MYP.

I wish, they won't insure non Tesla cars, nor will they give a multi car discount.

Sure they do (multi Tesla discount). I had our S and X insured through Tesla. Sold them and only have MYP on policy until Plaid arrives. One car is 3/4 the cost of two. My quote to add the Plaid is less than 40 bucks.

They will also take a photocopy or scan from the bank/credit union. Did that for wife’s MYP.

Sure they do (multi Teslas). I had our S and X insured through Tesla. Sold them and only have MYP on policy until Plaid arrives. One car is 3/4 the cost of two. My quote to add the Plaid is less than 40 bucks.

I was not clear, you are correct. I meant to say they won't insure multiple cars that are not Tesla's.

Some of us can only afford one Tesla 😂

What do you have against us LR owners?

6BEBC328-87E7-447E-AD8E-2B1D0EB17D7B.jpeg

With all these refresh’s I’m trying to keep up 😂.

2.0 is head/tailights?
3.0 is door hinges? Is this in production yet?

Just trying to find out if my car is outdated before I take delivery this Thursday? 🙄
VIN NF474
Yes, 2.0 is the new lights, along with a few other niceties.

There. Are. No. New. Hinges. (That I'm aware of). This got completely blown out of proportion. I was saying that I'd heard that there were under-the-skin changes for refresh 2.0, and I suggested hinges. And then it blew up and people ran away with it lol!

Palladium 3.0 is Autopilot Hardware 4, and ambient lighting coming later this year.

With all these refresh’s I’m trying to keep up 😂.

2.0 is head/tailights?
3.0 is door hinges? Is this in production yet?

Just trying to find out if my car is outdated before I take delivery this Thursday? 🙄
VIN NF474
I think he’s actually serious about 3.0. This all @EndlessPlaid fault and @WilliamG has single handedly taken on the job of misleading all newcomers. Bad bad panel members