Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 1/3/22, RN1163*

Finally took the delivery of MSLR Yesterday. This is actually my 2nd attempt for picking up. Originally picking up on Monday but found below issues, since I was picking up at Fremont factory, one of the Tesla engineer came out and agree to take the car back to see if they can fix any of these issues:
1. Rear bumper misalignment (mitigated upon 2nd delivery)
2. Tailgate misalignment (OK to live with it)
3. One paint chip on the rocker panel (touched up)
4. Left rear rocker panel gap(picture 3)
5. Rear fender installation problem (picture 1)

4 &5 are not fixable during delivery. I scheduled a service appointment which is on 4/15. Anyone has similar issues like 4 & 5 and get fixed by service center? Wondering if Tesla will say these are "within the spec"

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Finally took the delivery of MSLR Yesterday. This is actually my 2nd attempt for picking up. Here are the issues I found:
1. Rear bumper misalignment (mitigated)
2. Tailgate misalignment (OK to live with it)
3. One paint chip on the rocker panel (touched up)
4. Left rear rocker panel gap(picture 3)
5. Rear fender installation problem (picture 1)

4 &5 are not fixable during delivery. I scheduled a service appointment which is on 4/15. Anyone has similar issues like 4 & 5 and get fixed by service center? Wondering if Tesla will say these are "within the spec"

Seems like build quality may be worse on 2.0 than 1.0, if that is even possible. How about some other 2.0 build quality reports? Good? Bad? Ugly?

Sorry I am new to Tesla. What are these 3.0/2.0/1.0? Are they based on production date?
I'm no expert, coming from refresh minus 4...(nose cone car)

2.0 is our nomenclature for the refresh refresh. If you have the new headlights, taillights, black bar in the back, funky hinged charge port door, you would be in that group.

I'd also like to see reports on build quality. I think that the gaps that were shown have to do with how the bumper cover is installed, which might be slightly different with the changes in the rear...

If you have ever done this, you will note it is held on with only two bolts. Even with two people, it is like a whack a mole and hard to properly align.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’m a patient guy. But this is now getting a bit silly. See below. Also, this should refute two common statements on this thread:
  1. Old orders are getting old VINs. If that was an absolute, I'd have one by now, don't you think? After 18 months? Or 9 dpending on how you want to frame it.
  2. Tesla will never fulfill pre-price hike orders. Now that makes no sense. The gap is only getting bigger. It's in their best interest to fill them asap. Why they have not is beyond me.
In addition, because I'm so grumpy this morning (and likely not thinking straight), am going to savagely use the ignore button on all members who keep perpetuating the above. I don't care if they have 1 post or 5k. 1 thumbs up or 10k. Two, I will do the same for anyone that posts another
  • EndlessPlaid=Bot=Elon=Sawyer=Mother Mary.
Feel free to reciprocate (ignore). This thread is usually fun, but it's getting very repetitive. I think I'll fade away for a few days and then unignore when I am less testy.

1647965455939.png

Last edited:
I’m a patient guy. But this is now getting a bit silly. See below. Also, this should refute two common statements on this thread:
  1. Old orders are getting old VINs. If that was an absolute, I'd have one by now, don't you think? After 18 months? Or 9 dpending on how you want to frame it.
  2. Tesla will never fulfill pre-price hike orders. Now that makes no sense. The gap is only getting bigger. It's in their best interest to fill them asap. Why they have not is beyond me.
In addition, because I'm so grumpy this morning (and likely not thinking straight), am going to savagely use the ignore button on all members who keep perpetuating the above. I don't care if they have 1 post or 5k. 1 thumbs up or 10k. Two, I will do the same for anyone that posts another
  • EndlessPlaid=Bot-Elon=Sawyer=Mother Mary.
Feel free to reciprocate (ignore). This thread is usually fun, but it's getting very repetitive. I think I'll fade away for a few days and then unignore when I am less testy.

There are no existing inventory 2.0 Plaids in your area? There are eleven 2022 Plaids here in the N.E... I do not know if these are 2.0 cars or not..

Reactions: EndlessPlaid