Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been on this forum since I bought my first MS in 2017. Sometimes I wonder about the posts and the clear issues people are having and wonder how wide spread it is? Then I compare it to the wine forum I regularly visit and realize those who take the time to post are a very small minority of the population who may be interested in the topic. I say this because I genuinely approached my delivery earlier in the week - which was pushed up from Saturday to Wednesday, with trepidation that the car would have a number of flaws.

The delivery process was a bit hands-off. When I told them I wanted to look over the car before accepting it, they seemed genuinely surprised as though that rarely happens, but gladly opened up the car and told me to take my time. After 15-20 minutes of examining it, I went back inside and accepted the car. They then came outside and paired my phone to the car.

The only "flaw" is not even a flaw but was some glue residue from the protective film they apparently used, and I guess the windshield could have been a bit cleaner than it was presented. I had to look real hard for the worm, but it is there. Not an issue to me. Car came with all fobs, cards, mats, covers, etc. I could not find the charging kit and was surprised when I was told it was in the frunk. In my existing (soon to be sold) MS, I used the frunk less than a dozen times in five years! No wrinkles in the seats and I really like the 21" wheels. I hope the tires give me at least 10K miles or more!

While I have only driven it about 110 miles so far, I still have not gotten completely used to three-way turns with the yoke, but I seem to be ok with the turn signals. I have accidentally sprayed the windshield by hitting the wiper button once. I definitely have not found my way around the different software, but many of the options are the same but in different places. I have not figured out how to move the windows to the opposite side of the screen yet, and I think I have an outdated software version. The stereo is worlds better than my prior MS which had the "enhanced audio option." So far I have enabled SiriusXM and my Tidal account. I really like the console better with the movable compartments though I agree the cupholders seem a bit tight. Of course it is much faster in acceleration but I have not tried insane mode yet. It is quieter for sure.

I hope the car continues to be trouble free for me, and that everyone here gets their cars soon with no further issues or delays. Obviously wishful thinking.
I thought I would give my 200 mile report! On my third morning owning the car (yesterday), I was shocked to see that I had a screw in one of the tires. I went to two tire stores who would not plug it - both saying while they don't normally even do that, they felt it was too close to the side wall. Tesla said the same thing when I went to the service center, so they sold me a new tire which was $553 installed! At least they squeezed me in on a busy Saturday afternoon. Nice present after three days of ownership.

I am totally used to the Yoke now. I really like the fact the dash is unobstructed. I have not mastered the turn signals from memory but they are ok. I am ok with the shift buttons now, and I found that while I probably won't do it again, if you simply touch in the area where a shift button exists below the cell phone charging base, the buttons light up (so you don't have to put it in valet mode or tap both wheels at the same time to enable it).

I am in the queue for FSD beta, but on city streets the car will stop for red lights which is very nice.

I like the audio. Not sure why my Tidal account seems to only stream "high" or "hifi" quality instead of "Master" which I pay for.

The browser does not seem to load. I am on software version 2022.3.102.

And, I have now noticed a panel gap on the rear hatch (one side should be shifted over about 1/8")but it does not bug me the way it bugs some of you. I also notice that if I look real hard, I can see the gaskets for the frunk when looking in the gaps between the hood and fenders.

Happy to report I have no rattles and no vibration - but maybe the vibration is a Plaid thing?

I thought I would give my 200 mile report! On my third morning owning the car (yesterday), I was shocked to see that I had a screw in one of the tires. I went to two tire stores who would not plug it - both saying while they don't normally even do that, they felt it was too close to the side wall. Tesla said the same thing when I went to the service center, so they sold me a new tire which was $553 installed! At least they squeezed me in on a busy Saturday afternoon. Nice present after three days of ownership.

I am totally used to the Yoke now. I really like the fact the dash is unobstructed. I have not mastered the turn signals from memory but they are ok. I am ok with the shift buttons now, and I found that while I probably won't do it again, if you simply touch in the area where a shift button exists below the cell phone charging base, the buttons light up (so you don't have to put it in valet mode or tap both wheels at the same time to enable it).

I am in the queue for FSD beta, but on city streets the car will stop for red lights which is very nice.

I like the audio. Not sure why my Tidal account seems to only stream "high" or "hifi" quality instead of "Master" which I pay for.

And, I have now noticed a panel gap on the rear hatch (one side should be shifted over about 1/8")but it does not bug me the way it bugs some of you. I also notice that if I look real hard, I can see the gaskets for the frunk when looking in the gaps between the hood and fenders.

Happy to report I have no rattles and no vibration - but maybe the vibration is a Plaid thing?
Just FYI, and I know it’s maybe too late, but Globe Tire down on Venice and La Cienega did plug an OEM 21” Michelin rear for me. It’s a from the inside type of repair. So if you still have the tire with the hole in it, you can probably salvage it.

Glad you’re liking your car!!

Congrats! Got any pics for us? I’m in the same location and have almost the same config besides the wheels.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also when did they change these lights under the doors? Anybody know which one I can buy to project the Tesla logo that now fits this?View attachment 786733
Started with Refresh 1.0 I think. I know Abstract Ocean is working on (or with someone) to make new projector lights.
I would recommend everyone taking delivery with 21 inch wheels to go to discount tire and buy a road hazard policy on your new stock Tesla tires. It cost me about $250 to cover all four for the life of the tread. Good policy on high risk tires. All they have to do is inspect the tires and they will sell you the policy.
Cool. So they will sell this to anyone? Awesome deal if so. Covers all types of damage and pro-rates replacement cost based on tread wear?

I would recommend everyone taking delivery with 21 inch wheels to go to discount tire and buy a road hazard policy on your new stock Tesla tires. It cost me about $250 to cover all four for the life of the tread. Good policy on high risk tires. All they have to do is inspect the tires and they will sell you the policy.

This is good to have. I never get flats but have had 5 puncture flats in 28k miles. 2 were patchable.

Cool. So they will sell this to anyone? Awesome deal if so. Covers all types of damage and pro-rates replacement cost based on tread wear?

Yes It covers all road hazzards (nails, pot hole damage etc). If they cant fix it they replace it. if I recall correctly it is not prorated either. So as long as your tread is above recommend limit (wear marks) you get a new tire if needed.

Well. You are truly got hosed . For the flat tire, I had two three occasions with nail or screw in my tire. Took it to my local Discount Tire and they fixed it for Fred. I gave technician 5$ tip. I did check with Les Schwab and they told me 60$ to fix a tire. Don't replace a tire unless you have to. Now a day, many shops can do basic stuff such as rotate your tires, replace or fix flat tires

Mine stuck at Plano last week. I figured once it was past the day before delivery date, it wouldn't change, and it didn't. I can't recall if you've picked up there before, but they deliver at the building left of the service center building. Not marked in any way, but lots of cars backed in there. They put tent signs on the dashes.

Fingers crossed for you.

View attachment 786624
I haven't, they delivered it to me last time (thought that was what the fee was for 🤣) but I appreciate that! Look at all the beauties, if they store them outside... Should I be checking for hail damage too? 🤔

Little tent signs? That's cool

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Tesla, if you’re reading this, invite @EndlessPlaid to the Cyber Rodeo.

There would be no greater believer in the Master Plan than Endless at the event, he absolutely deserves to be there. He’s a great brand ambassador and the inexhaustible spreader of positivity.
You mean he didn’t already get an invitation? I thought that would have been automatic!

Well. You are truly got hosed . For the flat tire, I had two three occasions with nail or screw in my tire. Took it to my local Discount Tire and they fixed it for Fred. I gave technician 5$ tip. I did check with Les Schwab and they told me 60$ to fix a tire. Don't replace a tire unless you have to. Now a day, many shops can do basic stuff such as rotate your tires, replace or fix flat tires
Nobody will patch a tire too close to the side wall. He got 3 opinions.