Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta love EOQ deliveries!
1st Mod - remove front license plate :p

I actually live streamed the delivery if anyone wants to watch haha

Everything went well!
Only thing missing was floor mats, I noticed after I got home -_- (made a service appointment)

3AC9D54E-FE20-44FC-90E7-3721212494FE.jpeg

Can someone explain the "hinges" issue, and do the new hinges VIN correspond to the Matrix Headlights? Thank you.

This will be the only (and I mean only) time that I answer this question seriously. There are NO new hinges. It’s a running joke, taken too far (in a truly glorious manner, mind).

Now, back to our usual programming.

1648441849906.jpeg

Gotta love EOQ deliveries!
1st Mod - remove front license plate :p

I actually live streamed the delivery if anyone wants to watch haha

Everything went well!
Only thing missing was floor mats, I noticed after I got home -_- (made a service appointment)

View attachment 786887
I can't watch this it's torture 😂 thought my internet was going out, but it stutters every like 2-3 seconds 😵

Beautiful car though!

Got a quote for xpel and tint, 8,450!
I definitely want to protect the paint but man that’s a bit steep IMO.
Tint and ceramic coat the car. Invest the rest of the money in something else. Why would you throw away that kind of money “protecting” the paint on this car?

Unless you are going for a ppf matte look, I don’t see the advantage of wrapping the whole thing in it 🥲

Tint and ceramic coat the car. Invest the rest of the money in something else. Why would you throw away that kind of money “protecting” the paint on this car?

Unless you are going for a ppf matte look, I don’t see the advantage of wrapping the whole thing in it 🥲
Purely on recovering the investment on protecting the vehicle, I agree, the vehicle will not maintain $5-$6k over what it would without PPF. I’ve bought so much PPF over the years and I’m over it. The next owner is probably always stoked though.

As far as looking good and minimizing road damage, PPF is great.

Purely on recovering the investment on protecting the vehicle, I agree, the vehicle will not maintain $5-$6k over what it would without PPF. I’ve bought so much PPF over the years and I’m over it. The next owner is probably always stoked though.

As far as looking good and minimizing road damage, PPF is great.

I have never done it to any car - until now. At 10k miles, the S was looking sad. Well worth it for me on this car for me.

I have never done it to any car - until now. At 10k miles, the S was looking sad. Well worth it for me on this car for me.
Yeah my rear wheel arches and front bumper are not great for sure. But I could still have them repaired for way less than PPF.

I dunno, maybe next car I’ll just do the hot spots like the bumper cover and arches.

I haven't, they delivered it to me last time (thought that was what the fee was for 🤣) but I appreciate that! Look at all the beauties, if they store them outside... Should I be checking for hail damage too? 🤔

Little tent signs? That's cool
I looked at lots of the cars and didn't see any hail damage, but that is a lot of exposure outside for them. It will be easy to spot on a shiny new one. Gook luck with your delivery!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

I've never put PPF on a car until this one, and I'm doing Xpel Stealth. Over the years I've gotten pretty good at fixing a rock chip. And if it wasn't perfect after my effort, it was still good enough considering the savings.

PPF itself is good at what it does. The bad is the price, labor mostly which I understand it is a tedious job to get done, so me, personally, taking into consideration that these cars are already somewhat underwater once we buy them, yes! we are upside down if you want to get rid of it the next day (unless you got one of those old prices reservations), then throwing $6-$8k on PPF is not worth it, I mean basically is the same as driving down the road, cracking down your window and throwing $100 bills onto thin air.

Maybe it will give some peace of mind, I get it, but at what cost? Front bumper? ok, mirrors? ok, rocker panel? ok, the whole car on clear ppf...ummm nope...whole car on matte ppf? ummm yeah (does not apply to all colors).

That’s nuts. You could paint the whole car twice or three times over for that. Good tint is $500 all around, save for windshield.
I 100% always get the 3M Crystalline. All windows including the windshield 70 or 80%. It is the best thing I've ever done for car upgrades. There is no IR heat or any glare inside the car after that. It's $900-1200 for all the windows, but its one of the best things you can do. Direct sunlight through the windshield doesn't have any of the burn or that intensity that makes you need to squint (i'm not a scientist here sorry).

I looked at lots of the cars and didn't see any hail damage, but that is a lot of exposure outside for them. It will be easy to spot on a shiny new one. Gook luck with your delivery!
Yeah should be obvious, it will definitely check! I was in that area last time it hailed and I didn't get any at the movie theater I was at.

And thanks! Hoping for smooth delivery, but yeah I've been in this thread for too long 😂

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anyone trust this? The question was about ambient lighting in the car. This implies a software update is coming for VIN starting March 2022 on the screen system from drivers side to passenger.

View attachment 786933
View attachment 786934
Ha ha, I was the skeptical one in that thread and was surprised I hadn’t heard about this before. My refresh 2.0 Plaid is still at the detailer but I’ll take a flashlight with me when I visit the shop in a few days to see if there’s any evidence of a screen or LEDs behind that glossy panel.