Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn. Not trying to trash or anything here, but this is quite steep I think. $147,500 (12k more than Plaid), for a car slower than the Dual Motor Model S that is $99,990. I know it all isn't only about performance, but imo if you put "AMG" on something it's gotta be faster than that for that price. Like the S63 is a perfect example. That thing moves. But this is like meh in terms of speed. I bet a Model 3 Performance would beat it up to 100mph.😃

Wow, the AMG is slower than the base S? Price aside, that's a huge miss. I get that Mercedes is luxury-focused but if you have two tiers that are base and performance (similar to Tesla, similar to most mfrs), you kinda want to align with your industry peers wouldn't you?
Exactly. If this was the normal EQS no biggie. But it's an AMG. Yup it's slower all the way up to top speed. It's got more power, but weighs 5,973 pounds (1412 pounds more than the MS).

Exactly. The Touring trim of the Air would be as fast, with 406 miles of range, at 99k. And the GT would eat it (basically Dual Motor Model S performance specs, with a slightly higher trap speed), for 8k less than the EQS!
And with free charging, and EA stations popping up all over town, I think Lucid is going to compete well with EQS.

Not against Lucid. The market needs an option with excellent build quality and Service.

Also, as an old timer, Roaster owner told me, "Lucid has Tesla DNA"

And with free charging, and EA stations popping up all over town, I think Lucid is going to compete well with EQS.

Not against Lucid. The market needs an option with excellent build quality and Service.

Also, as an old timer, Roaster owner told me, "Lucid has Tesla DNA"
Oh totally! I just hope they can keep that up when they scale to six figure volumes. It's important to remember that Tesla had a focus on build quality and customer service before the Model 3. Then mass production happened. We've seen this before. 😃

Oh totally! I just hope they can keep that up when they scale to six figure volumes. It's important to remember that Tesla had a focus on build quality and customer service before the Model 3. Then mass production happened. We've seen this before. 😃
Whereas I hate to criticize anything you say, I have to protest in the strongest terms that the words Tesla, customer service and build quality should not be used in the same sentence without following such a sentence with a full page of explanation. just sayin'.

Whereas I hate to criticize anything you say, I have to protest in the strongest terms that the words Tesla, customer service and build quality should not be used in the same sentence without following such a sentence with a full page of explanation. just sayin'.
Lol! Well IIRC, Tesla actually slowed production of the Model S in 2012 to make sure they delivered "Quality over quantity" (Actual Elon Musk quote). And OG Tesla owners often talk about how service was much more personal in those days, and the people cared a lot more about each individual car. Obviously, that's unsustainable with any type of mass production situation where the number of service center locations are lower than needed for rapidly expanding volumes; i.e growth. Once Tesla reaches higher volumes and levels off slightly, service will improve accordingly.

Just got pushed back another week. It’s week by week pushes for me. Now 4/16-5/7.
I think that is a good place to be, two weeks after EoQ, well before the next EoQ.

My hold is mid May. Hoping EDD does not go beyond early June.

If it does, will call SA and say it conflicts with my "Vacay" and attempt another hold to early August.

Has anyone seen TBD for an delivery estimate? I think my delivery advisor put my account on hold, but I don’t see any mention of it.
Seen it three times in my 18 month odyssey. :)

Twice due to holds and once was just a weird anomaly only picked up due to a TMC forum member prevalent disease of refreshing Tesla account page every X hours/minutes/seconds.

Damn. Not trying to trash or anything here, but this is quite steep I think. $147,500 (12k more than Plaid), for a car slower than the Dual Motor Model S that is $99,990. I know it all isn't only about performance, but imo if you put "AMG" on something it's gotta be faster than that for that price. Like the S63 is a perfect example. That thing moves. But this is like meh in terms of speed. I bet a Model 3 Performance would beat it up to 100mph.😃
Makes the owners of refresh LR's who got in at $79k owners of SCREAMING bargains.

Makes the owners of refresh LR's who got in at $79k owners of SCREAMING bargains.
I had to get the Plaid out of principle because I never thought I'd be able to buy "the fastest production car in the world" (these were always 7-8 figure cars in the past...), but there's no arguing the LRs are much better bang for your buck all things considered.

Now excuse me, I have to go fan my tailfeathers... 😆😁🦚🦚🦚