Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 789377
Only took exactly one week for some idiot to rear-end me at a stop light after having stopped behind me for at least 30 seconds.
Got Tesla insurance. Anybody have experience with them? Will they replace whole bumper and rear hatch or try to repair it. Also now charge port doesn’t open when pressing charger button. Opens with app use though.
Ahhhhh fffffff, sorry mate. Absolute trash luck. Not able to offer advice but hopeful you’ll get it sorted and be back in business real soon.

It’s officially witching hour! 🤣🥳🔥😍🌙
giphy.gif

Few updates and tips after a couple weeks.

I decided my battery needed a simmer (a 100% Charge) It sat at 405mi for a good 20 minutes. I could just feel those cells equalizing ;)
I drove it immediately after it was ready. My Model X lost about 4 miles in 2.5 years and 26K miles.

51977399747_7bdae09803_b_d.jpg

Just did a 240 mile road trip today.

I average 262 wh/mi It was between 40-45F had heat going for the trip back home and had no regen for a little while because I charged to 100%
I had the car on low height, Aero covers on, Summer tires, 42 psi. Mostly 65 mph.

Car is really funny about energy usage. I drive 8 miles around town and I got 235 wh/mi (with regen).
Then I get on the highway and after 10 more miles my average shot up to 390 wh/mi (I didn't gun it and I was doing 65 mph, like most of the trip, HVAC off).
It was gradually coming down to my earlier average.
I was trying to make the trip with no HVAC just to see what the car could do. But it was getting too chilly and I caved and turned HVAC on to 70F.
Now I could see the wh/mi climbing back up. I was seeing if I could beat EPA which is around 265 wh/mi and figured oh well, next trip when it's warmer.
I look again 20 miles later and it dropped to like 250 wh/mi average (and that included the earlier high usage and heat still going) !!

Anyway 262 wh/mi (round trip), at 40-45F temps, with heat on 70F half the trip, is pretty darn good.

No real phantom braking. Strong shadows on the way up and night on the way back.
There was one odd glitch it confused itself at an exit ramp once and started to slow and figured it out.
It was a very odd exit. But Neither Model 3, or Model X ever hesitated there.

Getting pretty comfortable with the wheel. Bugs me it blocks the lower left corner of the screen.

51978406186_af30ae1d25_b_d.jpg

Someone mentioned Stereo was forward biased. He's absolutely right.
After a minor adjustment the Stereo was night and day better. Try it. Even a speck more sounds good too.

51979004995_bbcedd2ab7_b_d.jpg

I never had any back issues with Model 3 or my Jeep Grand Cherokee.
When I got the Model X, I had troubles. Fine when driving, but the next day after a long trip I'd be a wounded duck.
Eventually I gave up and my wife adjusted my seat. She nailed it. I also learned that in the X I tended to bring my knees up.
I had to make sure some weight is on your thighs and not all on your butt.
The X was never perfect though. After 5 hours of driving I was ok the next day but I could tell I couldn't do another 5 without a break.

After I watched a couple Videos and carefully adjusted the seat and wheel, I feel like I could do another 5 hours after the 5 hours today.

Take some time to get it right. Also the seat feels a lot less firm when you have some weight on your thighs.
I learned by trial error about weight on my thighs and both these videos stress how important that is.

I wish Tesla would do a combination of what these two Videos convey below that takes into account the uniquness of the Refresh

I put my Abstract Ocean Glossy Screen Protectors on today.
Ordered Tesmania Sun Shade for Panorama roof.
Polished Roof. Not nearly as bad as Windshield was (see my de-scum thread on that).
Removed front license plate bracket with dental floss and goo-gone.
I'll keep plate ready to go in Frunk with double sided tape for emergency use.

I've had a Pro Clip in every car for as long as I can remember (including 3 and X).
The phone actually works perfect (visible and strong GPS) in Refresh cubby, yeah !!!
I'm using iPhone 13 Pro.

I may go with Tesla Mudflaps when they get back in stock if nothing shows up better.
I don't like anything I've seen. I just want the cheap *sugar* made in china molded ones like they have for every other Tesla (had them on 3 and X).

Might tackle the Radar Detector mirror tap tomorrow if I get brave.
Then the big one is the Model X hitch.

Last edited:
View attachment 789377
Only took exactly one week for some idiot to rear-end me at a stop light after having stopped behind me for at least 30 seconds.
Got Tesla insurance. Anybody have experience with them? Will they replace whole bumper and rear hatch or try to repair it. Also now charge port doesn’t open when pressing charger button. Opens with app use though.
And decent repair shop will replace both. MSM is easy paint to match. Had work done on my X and it was absolutely perfect.
Sorry your baby got wounded. It should not be hard to make as good as new.

Bonus: You can probably drive it fine while you wait for parts. But there could be damage under the bumper.

Last edited:
Of course. He’ll repeat every negative thing ever said about Tesla, he’ll talk up every other EV while simultaneously pointing out every one of their flaws, then report that he decided to buy an Audi instead while he waits for a real EV that’s just over the horizon.

Does it have to be an Audi?

Does it have to be an Audi?
Pointing out flaws and facts are reality, negative or positive is depend on the people judgement. If you fanboys can't accept the fact, that's OK.
I posted the experiences as Tesla customers and the facts supporting those claims. Clearly, those posts had no effect on you fanboys what so ever but you guys took them hard and got mad over something you dislike and had no effect on your lives. Geez, taka another chill pill

Reactions: IslandStyle
Pointing out flaws and facts are reality, negative or positive is depend on the people judgement. If you fanboys can't accept the fact, that's OK.
I posted the experiences as Tesla customers and the facts supporting those claims. Clearly, those posts had no effect on you fanboys what so ever but you guys took them hard and got mad over something you dislike and had no effect on your lives. Geez, taka another chill pill

So, are you saying it does need to be an Audi?