Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The order number is your RN number, correct? Mine is RN1165. MSLR w/ FSD. Hoping to see it in our garage before the end of the year. Ordered in February 2022. EDD was April-July, but is now July-September. Great forum. Learning a lot from it.
Now I’m jealous. I ordered in January with RN1163 and also on the East Coast. My EDD is July- September.

The order number is your RN number, correct? Mine is RN1165. MSLR w/ FSD. Hoping to see it in our garage before the end of the year. Ordered in February 2022. EDD was April-July, but is now July-September. Great forum. Learning a lot from it.
I ordered in Sept. 1157. April was my estimated month on the site, and got a VIN 2 days ago. So maybe they’re finally catching up and your original month will be the month you get it, hopefully sooner.

I ordered in Sept. 1157. April was my estimated month on the site, and got a VIN 2 days ago. So maybe they’re finally catching up and your original month will be the month you get it, hopefully sooner.
I'm a 1157 in the Midwest ordered first of October. Hopeful for a VIN soon. Every EDD change I have had comes at 8 am on a Saturday. 5 EDDs so far. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Checking back in. Have you guys stopped talking about the new lights yet ?
I m so glad I got the old ones. The radar in the car is amazing. Lol

Attachments

• C4DD660B-9081-4601-95E7-2802FDE65F6E.jpeg
    C4DD660B-9081-4601-95E7-2802FDE65F6E.jpeg
    744.7 KB · Views: 116
Checking back in. Have you guys stopped talking about the new lights yet ?
I m so glad I got the old ones. The radar in the car is amazing. Lol
I have not even noticed Radar missing. I was running FSD Beta on my 2019 X since Xmas (vision only). Now on the non Beta 2022.12.1 on the S Refresh 2.0 (also vision only). It has been the best I’ve seen.

I screwed up and was NOT paying attention and was coming up to fast on another car. They had come to dead stop over the crest of a hill and he had passed me like I was standing still and no other cars around. I felt like I was alone on the road. So I looked down for Nav or Music or something. Suddenly the car screamed at me and I had to hit the brakes pretty damn hard. Not sure if it added brake assist. If it didn’t warn me I might not have caught it on time. Totally my fault and the car was totally watching out for the idiot pilot. Nothing close to that ever happened in the last 3 years. Not even a false. I was not on AP or TACC. My X happily drove straight into a deer without a beep. It always felt like the X would drive into anything (even with Radar).

But to be fair the X did warn me (and correct the steering) once (before FSD beta) at night it saw someone in dark cloths walking on the line of the shoulder of the road and it screamed and swerved to avoid him. I never saw him until it would have been to late. I don’t think I would have hit him directly, maybe the mirror could have hit him. A car may have just passed towards me which set my lights low beam and partially blinded me. The X had those “previous headlights”. I think the new headlights would have lit him up like a fire stick. I’ll never know if it was the radar that saw him though.

The S on vision also seems to handle cars merging in from an entrance ramp better when on AP.

I could care less of taillights either way. I do like the headlights. It will be really interesting once they start taking full advantage of them. They probably won’t do it to soon as to not upset customers that recently bought and didn’t get them. Including cars still being delivered from old stock.

Barely any phantom braking at all. Day or night. Only 800 miles so far.

Last edited:
Lol guys I m just kidding about the radar. I tried my best to get a new car but didn’t work. I got the last few ones with “old” lights. Anyhow car is much better built than my old S. Also looks much more aggressive with the new body lines. The tempest wheels were growing on me but will change them soon.
Actually I hated the tempest wheels. Covers on or off. I like the summer tires better than I expected though. But since I put the TWRAPS on the brake calipers, I’m really liking the “sleeper” look with Tempest covers on. With an open wheel the TWRAPS look a bit fake. With cover on it looks like I’m trying to hide something (I am) and pretty hard to tell they are fake. And they show through just enough that it’s hard to miss. I might cave and get wheels but we will see. Definitely staying with 19” no matter what.

Actually I hated the tempest wheels. Covers on or off. I like the summer tires better than I expected though. But since I put the TWRAPS on the brake calipers, I’m really liking the “sleeper” look with Tempest covers on. With an open wheel the TWRAPS look a bit fake. With cover on it looks like I’m trying to hide something (I am) and pretty hard to tell they are fake. And they show through just enough that it’s hard to miss. I might cave and get wheels but we will see. Definitely staying with 19” no matter what.
What the heck is TWRAPS.

Yeah man will love to put the carbon fiber on diffuser thing but I can’t even get the screen on iPhone without bubbles in it 😂
I’m not sure about TWRAPS but some PPF breathes now. So you rub on the bubbles and they just disappear. But the diffuser would probably be a challenge regardless of bubbles. The calipers were easy breezy.