Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the Tesla lot recently with two friends. Both car guys, but neither extremely knowledgeable about Teslas. Side by side were two new refreshes. Both white. One with "old" tailights, one with new. Without me saying anything, both started talking to one another saying the "old" one must have been a 2022, and the one with the updated tail lights was a 2021. Im Not kidding.

Now that said..looks are subjective. another person may have thought the reverse.
Its a pretty different story when you see the lights on. Not parked in a lot. Like night and day. Clean even bright diffused look vs. Christmass tree lights lol

Its a pretty different story when you see the lights on. Not parked in a lot. Like night and day. Clean even bright diffused look vs. Christmass tree lights lol
I can see where non car people may think the old lights are the newer model. Many Car companies increase visual complexity as model matures. Tesla seems to do just the opposite by Trimming and streamlining existing design.

I hope my 47768X I pickup later today has the swivel screen. I saw a 47778X that had the swivel screen. I have my fingers crossed that the 102 VIN difference isn’t a deal breaker. I have been told my build date was 4/25 or 4/27.
My Plaid, VIN 47768X with a build date of 4/25/22 has the swivel screen and all the other new things. I was going to ask for a "Due Bill" for the swivel screen, if it wasn't included.
Driving it home after 130,000 miles in my 2016 90D, it was slow...somehow it was on Chill mode. Once I put it in Sport--all things are good.
Fit and Finish inside and out is very very good.

My Plaid, VIN 47768X with a build date of 4/25/22 has the swivel screen and all the other new things. I was going to ask for a "Due Bill" for the swivel screen, if it wasn't included.
Driving it home after 130,000 miles in my 2016 90D, it was slow...somehow it was on Chill mode. Once I put it in Sport--all things are good.
Fit and Finish inside and out is very very good.
Ya know you gotta try Plaid Mode too! You don't get full power until then! It's roughly 600-700hp in Sport.