Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
28 is going to be my lucky number 😉. Shifted 1.5 weeks today 5/23-6/8.

It is getting tough to stay excited about this car. Especially since I have never driven one.
There has to be an enthusiast in the Denver area that would be glad to let you drive their car. I live near St. Louis (not exactly the Meca for nice cars) and was able to find a nice member to let me have a go in his car. Helped me solidify some thoughts I had about the car and really convinced me to keep my reservation. Here I am, only 8 short months later and my car is going to be delivered (unless it falls of a truck: definite possibility) on May 19th.

It doesn't need to exist, but I'm sure glad it does.

As for yoke, I agree you get used to it. There are obvious drawbacks, but there's a lot to love. I love being able to rest my hand on top of the nubs when cruising. I also find it super easy to one-handed palm lock to lock, but I know that doesn't work for everyone. I think it should be steer by wire and horn should be normal, but I'd still take this yoke as is over a wheel any day.

Your first sentence sounds like something my wife would say about me.

Agreed except there are no obvious drawbacks. There are some people that have issues but they are not design drawbacks. Somethings could be done better or improved but I have had nothing but good experience in the last 35k miles.

Your first sentence sounds like something my wife would say about me.

Agreed except there are no obvious drawbacks. There are some people that have issues but they are not design drawbacks. Somethings could be done better or improved but I have had nothing but good experience in the last 35k miles.
I'd call the horn placement a drawback. Maybe you can muscle memory it when yoke is straight, but what about when it's turned? Nothing will be as quick and intuitive as slamming the middle of the yoke/wheel. The same issue applies to other buttons that used to be stalks. The mental gymnastics required to find these buttons while turned is annoying. Fortunately, most of those don't matter since you can usually wait until you straighten out, unless you're stopped in traffic, but in that case the extra time it takes is a non-issue. The horn is an exception though since that's a timely issue...

Delayed again.
Spoke with someone at the service center and they said they can’t see where it’s at as the vehicle has been offline for the past few days. Might be a dead 12v battery.

I think I’m going to cancel, I’m getting a weird vibe, the vehicle is 140 miles from me and they’ve been trying to get it to me for over a week.

2192FA13-39FF-42B3-A96E-55B082BAE6C5.png

I'd call the horn placement a drawback. Maybe you can muscle memory it when yoke is straight, but what about when it's turned? Nothing will be as quick and intuitive as slamming the middle of the yoke/wheel. The same issue applies to other buttons that used to be stalks. The mental gymnastics required to find these buttons while turned is annoying. Fortunately, most of those don't matter since you can usually wait until you straighten out, unless you're stopped in traffic, but in that case the extra time it takes is a non-issue. The horn is an exception though since that's a timely issue...
I guess my muscle memory has evolved where those are nonissues to me. I see the center horn as more of "room for improvement" and not a drawback.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Delayed again.
Spoke with someone at the service center and they said they can’t see where it’s at as the vehicle has been offline for the past few days. Might be a dead 12v battery.

I think I’m going to cancel, I’m getting a weird vibe, the vehicle is 140 miles from me and they’ve been trying to get it to me for over a week.

View attachment 803388

If I were a Tesla vehicle waiting delivery I would go offline as much as possible...

Sucks that it keeps getting delayed but sucks more with the lack of good answers/reassurance. I went through this with my S and my father went through that with X number 1 this year. X number 2 is still pending (and it was ordered January 2021).

Delayed again.

View attachment 803388
Sounds like this vehicle could have been refused or has other issues.

Reactions: AMPd and Bull
If I were a Tesla vehicle waiting delivery I would go offline as much as possible...

Sucks that it keeps getting delayed but sucks more with the lack of good answers/reassurance. I went through this with my S and my father went through that with X number 1 this year. X number 2 is still pending (and it was ordered January 2021).
If Tesla is having a hard time getting it transported 140 miles then why not give me the option to take delivery where it’s at now.
I wouldn’t have minded driving a few hours to get it.
They said no when I asked, well why not? Because the vehicle is offline and it might not be there, but if it’s not here (delivery location) then how can it not be there? How bad is their logistics department that cars get pin balled throughout the state?

Vins in the upper 477 are being delivered at this location yet my 475 can’t find its way here?

Reactions: Alex Philips
If Tesla is having a hard time getting it transported 140 miles then why not give me the option to take delivery where it’s at now.
I wouldn’t have minded driving a few hours to get it.
They said no when I asked, well why not? Because the vehicle is offline and it might not be there, but if it’s not here (delivery location) then how can it not be there? How bad is their logistics department that cars get pin balled throughout the state?

Vins in the upper 477 are being delivered at this location yet my 475 can’t find its way here?
I agree that you should be VERY suspicious. I think I would be asking them to unmatch me from that VIN.

The place I park at work (near outlet) is under a tree and subject to a ton of dust. So my planned routine is to use some detailer in the evening when I get home prior to garaging it or doing a quick wipe at work then throw on the cover. Tuesday was my first day and I think I spent 10 minutes struggling with it. Was going to never bother again. But this morning it literally took a minute. I know because my shortcut closes the trunk after 90 seconds. The key (for me) is to lock in the mirrors, do the front, then pull over and do the back once trunk closes.

Tesla store. Bit expensive compared to market ($400). I don't think they modified it for the refresh (though website states compatible with all Model S vehicles) and I've got an email out to Tesla about it. Seems a bit short on the sides due to the increased width of the newer cars.

Don’t get the Tesla cover if you have the refresh.

It is indeed short on the sides and the cutout for Port is for old style. It pinches and gets tangled up with the new one. It needs to be perfect for $400. I am returning mine.

Did a quick search and there are very few that seem to be modified for Refresh and or have air circulation provisions.

Please share if you find one worthy of our beauties. :)

Last edited: