Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s 11 Plaids in inventory right now (although mostly snatched up right now). Never seen so many before. Are people really rejecting delivery because they didn't get a motorized screen? :D

Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car
Yes! One is my exact match but most seems to have FSDC and I prefer to put those $12k on other upgrades. Week 11 and no Vin yet. My neighbor got a vin on 4 weeks….

Delivery news...talked to Daniel.

First my SA lied to me about my car bring soft matched yesterday. No such thing.

EDD is correct, 8 months out. "But, give it a week, and it probably will change"

However, Daniel was able to see on some sort of hidden schedule that my car might be made June 20th.

Thanks Tesla, just in time for EOQ. I can just see it being rushed off the transporter and smashing the front bumper lip now.

Also, for those tired of waiting, and not affected by the economy, confirmed I can switch my order to plaid and get October pricing when I got into this mess...

First my SA lied to me about my car bring soft matched yesterday. No such thing.

EDD is correct, 8 months out. "But, give it a week, and it probably will change"

However, Daniel was able to see on some sort of hidden schedule that my car might be made June 20th.

Thanks Tesla, just in time for EOQ. I can just see it being rushed off the transporter and smashing the front bumper lip now.

Also, for those tired of waiting, and not affected by the economy, confirmed I can switch my order to plaid and get October pricing when I got into this mess...
That is funny, soft match does not exist but there is a secret schedule 😂

They are as clueless as all of us in this abyss.

Ah, I remember my first SA that lied to me - it will always be special. It was the first but not the last.

28 is going to be my lucky number 😉. Shifted 1.5 weeks today 5/23-6/8.

It is getting tough to stay excited about this car. Especially since I have never driven one.

It is getting tough to stay excited about this car. Especially since I have never driven one.

I'd recommend going to a store and sitting in one for an extended time.

I find the yoke intuitive, except for the horn, but not the main screen.

Go though all the settings. Tireing, I know. Maybe take a nap in the back when you are done.

https://media.tenor.com/images/fa28c9b5d632b3f178a8b394ba9915f8/tenor.gif
1652365203356.png

You'll love it when you drive it - I was in the same boat not having driven it until delivery.
I bought a M3P on a whim in Dec 2019. When I got it 2 weeks later I was 100% happy and 100% blown away.
I bought a MSLR in July 2021. When I got it a couple days ago I was 100% happy and 100% blown away.
Both were before driving one, or even being in one!

The yoke does some things different (turn signals, horn) but the actual shape and turning feels natural after less than 100 miles or a few days. It's actually much more comfortable for longer straight drives than a wheel is (more straight sections to hold).

MSLR is slightly faster than my M3P in the 0-60 range, and is a lot faster in the 40-80 range.

It's hard to imagine that the Plaid is even faster, or that it even needs to exist!

Last edited:
I bought a M3P on a whim in Dec 2019. When I got it 2 weeks later I was 100% happy and 100% blown away.
I bought a MSLR in July 2021. When I got it a couple days ago I was 100% happy and 100% blown away.

The yoke does some things different (turn signals, horn) but the actual shape and turning feels natural after less than 100 mile or a few days. It's actually much more comfortable for longer straight drives than a wheel is (more straight sections to hold).

MSLR is slightly faster than my M3P in the 0-60 range, and is a lot faster in the 40-80 range.

It's hard to imagine that the Plaid is even faster, or that it even needs to exist!

Such a glowing report, and no pics?

Maybe it didn't happen...🥺

Such a glowing report, and no pics?

Maybe it didn't happen...🥺
Unfortunately I had a number of delivery issues with the car. I submitted to Tesla immediately and was suffering from FUD that it would be taken care of. Today they replied and will fix all of it one week from tomorrow, so huge sigh of relief and now I feel much more like it's "my" car and will be driving it as such!

Issues were: front bumper underside with gouges and a couple paint defects on the front, scratch near trunk opening on bumper, paint scraped off on rear bumper on passenger side seam (near wheel well). They are replacing the front bumper and touching up the rest of the paint defects.

Then I can get it wrapped, I think I'm going for Stealth/Satin PPF full wrap. THEN pics!

The yoke does some things different (turn signals, horn) but the actual shape and turning feels natural after less than 100 mile or a few days. It's actually much more comfortable for longer straight drives than a wheel is (more straight sections to hold).

It doesn't need to exist, but I'm sure glad it does.

As for yoke, I agree you get used to it. There are obvious drawbacks, but there's a lot to love. I love being able to rest my hand on top of the nubs when cruising. I also find it super easy to one-handed palm lock to lock, but I know that doesn't work for everyone. I think it should be steer by wire and horn should be normal, but I'd still take this yoke as is over a wheel any day.