Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say that there's a BIG difference between the delivery centers in other places versus Massachusetts. Red carpets and indoors elsewhere, this is MA:
IMG_3982.jpg

Cones in a parking lot. The delivery was great but very different from the pictures in this thread. More on my experience here:

Delivery! | Tesla Living

My S85 startes produktion friday and is in transit from factory as per monday. Wow thats a quick build. Now it has to go to the Netherlands for assambly before it can go to Copenhagen for me to pick it up. I dont think I will enjoy my holiday that much this year.

My DS called today. She said the car will be shipped July 9. However, she could not tell me when it would go into production. Also, my dashboard may not change. It shows "sourcing" now. She scheduled pick-up on July 18, although it could be sooner. Said there were a lot of cars going to Chicago.

My DS called today. She said the car will be shipped July 9. However, she could not tell me when it would go into production. Also, my dashboard may not change. It shows "sourcing" now. She scheduled pick-up on July 18, although it could be sooner. Said there were a lot of cars going to Chicago.

You're getting close Footer, less than three weeks to go! I confirmed an S85 on May 24th and it isn't due until mid September so those 18 days difference in confirming made a big difference in delivery dates!

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say that there's a BIG difference between the delivery centers in other places versus Massachusetts. Red carpets and indoors elsewhere, this is MA:
View attachment 52686
Cones in a parking lot. The delivery was great but very different from the pictures in this thread. More on my experience here:

Delivery! | Tesla Living

That's where I'll be picking mine up tliving, so I'm glad your post let's me set my expectations! Otherwise I might have imagined a gleaming delivery center like other areas seem to enjoy. Not that it would have really mattered next to *actually getting my S85* (still a woefully long ways off), but nevertheless, good to know. :)

You're getting close Footer, less than three weeks to go! I confirmed an S85 on May 24th and it isn't due until mid September so those 18 days difference in confirming made a big difference in delivery dates!

And if I had confirmed 5 days earlier I would have had the car by now. They were promising June delivery for S85 and late June for S60. I actually put off ordering because I would be out of the country mid-June and didn't want it that early. Then July shows up all of a sudden.:crying: If only we had known.......

I don't really understand why paint is of interest, they have assembled the body shell from the on-shelf components and paint. It's almost the first day of the process in terms of starting a new car and well before the guts of the car are being put together.

I'll carry on with my 47xxx VIN wondering when it starts, next couple of weeks? And when it comes to the EU for final assembly and then movement to the UK.

Does the car going to the UK have to go through the Tillburg factory? I think mellington may have his built in the next few days if the plant shutdown does not occur until later in July. If you have a Vin# then that means production is near. 457xx RHD cars are already noted as being built as of 6/30. I would hope they do all the Australia, UK, HK and other RHD's together in sort of a "week of right hand drives" covering 700 orders or so. Many HK and Australia orders have Vin numbers in the 46xxx range.

Yep we Australians are really hanging out for our builds. They have not given any of us even an estimated delivery date. That section does not figure in our dashboard at all yet. My guess is that the factory could do the entire backlog for HK and Australia in about 4 days at 600 per week. Not sure how many orders they have for Japan, but i understand the Japanese are able to register Left hand drive cars in that country. Would be awkward though. I can drive a left hand drive, but only in say the USA or other right side of the road country, as it then feels natural, as does RHD when driving on the Left.

View attachment 52686

Delivery! | Tesla Living

Many of us take (took) delivery off the back of a truck! Nearest Gallery and/or service center is 365 miles away...

Having said that, I just wanted my Tesla and didn't care how they got it to me. :)

Mike

Many of us take (took) delivery off the back of a truck! Nearest Gallery and/or service center is 365 miles away...

Having said that, I just wanted my Tesla and didn't care how they got it to me. :)

Mike

I can't say that I'm overly impressed with the delivery options, on the website it's all at my home address but the local delivery centre is 200 miles away. Delivery is over £600 or I can go down and drive home, it's a shame that it's motorway for all but 3.5 miles!

The good news is that in the UK the delivery point (West Drayton) is really close to Heathrow airport so I can fly down, with a good confirmed date that could be just £60 to fly there. It would cost more to drive down in my current car!