Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forgot to post my delivery, but my MS has been delivered! Ordered June 11th, delivered September 30th...per end of quarter rush. Loaded up on a car trailer to bring home so it wouldn't get highway rock chips before the PPF was put on. At the detailer now getting the front plate removed, PPF and ceramic coat. Will post pictures when the final product is cleaned up.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

One odd thing on delivery: the monroney sticker had it as full self driving and listed the extra $15K price in the MSRP. I didn't order that feature and it wasn't actually on the car so I didn't make a big thing of it, but has that happened to anyone else?
Screw up at Tesla is not uncommon. So, make sure it does not suddenly uploaded to your car and a $15K charge hits your CC.

One odd thing on delivery: the monroney sticker had it as full self driving and listed the extra $15K price in the MSRP. I didn't order that feature and it wasn't actually on the car so I didn't make a big thing of it, but has that happened to anyone else?
Tesla seems to do two things: They either produce cars in certain configurations then match them up to buyers after the fact, in which case it originally had FSD but they matched it to you and removed it. That, or the person it was originally supposed to go to put their order on hold and the reassigned the car to you after it left the assembly line. In either case, they do not seem to care about updating the monroney sticker to reflect actual FSD status. My sticker on my 2018 3 didn't list FSD but I purchased it with the car.

Last edited:
Tesla seems to do two things: They either produce cars in certain configurations then match them up to buyers after the fact, in which case it originally had FSD but they matched it to you and removed it. That, or the person it was originally supposed to go to put their order on hold and the reassigned the car to you after it left the assembly line. In either case, they do not seem to care about updating the monroney sticker to reflect actual FSD status. My sticker on my 2018 3 didn't list FSD but I purchased it with the car.

That makes sense, it is just software and can be put on and off the car, not like the difference between a V6 and V8 model on the sticker.

The final product from my detailer! PPF and ceramic coat (CQuartz Finest Reserve). Very shiny in direct sunlight:

IMG_0018.JPEG

IMG_0019.JPEG

Reactions: Caliboi707