Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The important question to me is whether I can activate horn by pressing the center airbag - i.e., is center horn back...

I posted in the X forum, but assuming it's the same, I did see a round steering wheel Model X Plaid in the wild today at the Wexford PA Tesla sales & service center. Also had red brakes. Although it's hard to tell from the photo, it seemed like the diameter was smaller than I thought it would be, and about the same size as the 3 & Y wheel.

I see the "Worm" is present regardless of wheel or yoke...

Did you get a pic of the rear? Curious if the logo is gone, and raised silver letters on the black trim bar on hatch...

I got a picture of the front (I don't know why) but I didn't get a picture of the rear like an idiot. I did however see the rear, and there was no T emblem, and if memory serves the TESLA letters were white or silver on this all black model X. I'm questioning myself on that now, but I feel 95% sure that's what I saw.

EDIT: The VIN on the car was 7SAXCBE66PF384783 if someone knows how to back out the build date.

I don't see how the steering wheel diameter will be close to the 3/Y. I'm pretty sure the parts between the yoke and wheel are the same...therefore so is the diameter. I love the wheel on the 3/Y. If the S had that, it would be a no brainer for me.
If the yoke were extended into a full diameter it would be enormous. It's definitely smaller than that. Like I said, it surprised me how small it looked.

Reactions: VikH
I’m in the same boat with the delivery dates.

I ordered my S Plaid (black/black/21”/yoke/Utah) on 12/28/22 with the original delivery date being in Dec. I’m cool with the delays especially since my price dropped $21k and I may potentially get the new cameras.
Just got my VIN about an hour ago. I had to click and confirm that my vehicle would not have sensors and that it would be using cameras etc. so maybe we’re all getting the new cameras. Delivery date is now 3/4 - 3/11.

Reactions: lsds
Just got my VIN too.

023F4FE9-D457-4AC2-AB01-5162EB5B3208.png

Reactions: AMPd and hansa23r