Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everybody reported that, but go back and listen to the actual wording he used.
Actually, a quick search...

“I’m confident that HW 3.0 or the FSD Computer 1 will be able to achieve full self-driving at a safety level much greater than a human, probably at least 200-300% better than a human. Obviously, there will be a future HW 4.0 or Full Self Driving Computer 2 which we’ll probably introduce with the Cybertruck, so maybe in about a year or so."

I guess he can get off with the "probably" technicality... Even so, typical Elon. This was from 2021. Lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Duke846
I have a 992 GT3, so with that as the benchmark, my opinion is the Plaid handling is just fine for a big sedan, grip levels are very high and it's stable at speeds up to 130. At 150+ it starts to get a little light (two drag strip runs in my friends 2022, so not a world of experience) and I wouldn't want to do 200 in one... but it's a moot point as where can you do that safely anyway? Steering feel is ok, kinda numb but 99% of new cars are. Braking is an issue if doing repeated stops, but for one or two hard stops it'll bite down and with the stock rubber does okay. Obviously brake feel isn't there nor is ability to do repeated hard stops like in a P-car, so for mountain runs I'd look to upgrade the brakes as, given that 1020hp, you have to use the brakes a lot. Regular driving I just one pedal with regen so brakes are a non issue given they'll stop me in case of emergency (captain obvious here but summer tires essential as all season/winter increase stopping distance dramatically)

Long story is, unless you're tracking your Plaid or driving it like a total moron, you won't find the handling wanting from a grip or body control standpoint. But feel and braking and definitely better in any Porsche.
Thanks very much...Appreciate the reply and insight. It's good to hear from someone who has a 992 GT3. So your input is super helpful bc you "get it". I was concerned with grip, but you addressed that. How about body roll? My Taycan has PDCC. There is virtually no body roll...and that inspires a lot of confidence. Do I need a rear sway bar to lock it down more? Repeated hard stops is a non-issue. This is a street car only. I was given the impression that the stopping was horrible. I live in Ft. Lauderdale. Always summer tires. I am re-thinking the Plaid now. Only other concern is the deletion of the USS and how the cameras will make parking a non-issue. Used to surround view in the Porsche and my 720s. Found it indispensable.

Anyone take delivery of a round steering wheel optioned Plaid yet? Trying to figure out whether Tesla has started rolling out the new steering wheels yet. Not sure how much longer I can avoid an aftermarket one if the Tesla option isn't imminent.
It looks like MS with round steering wheels are starting to deliver now. There's a Plaid in Tacoma, WA with that option. I am waiting to make the swap when it becomes available on the site. On the other hand, I would have liked to upgrade to a Plaid at this price, but not with the incredibly low trade-in offer from Tesla of $56k for my '22 MSLR :p

1678158678267.png

I have a question about battery state of charge during delivery. When I had purchased my MYP back in 2020, they were doing home deliveries due to Covid and my car was delivered to me with 100% charge. How do they handle that with the store deliveries? The recommended practice for battery is to keep it under 90% for daily use but push to higher if to be driving long distance. If I am understanding right, purpose or the recommendation is that battery does not sit for long period of time with a high state of charge. Hence, I had found it odd that my car was sitting on a transport for several days with 100% charge. I found myself wondering how they handle the state of charge from the factory to the store and at the store while awaiting delivery. Anyone with the knowledge that can shed some light would be appreciated.