Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you manage to get this info from tesla-info ? :confused: my VIN is 5054xxxx ( MS LR Black - Cream interior - 21") taking delivery by the end of this month...
It's should all be listed on the listing for your vehicle on Tesla-info, located on the bottom right after you click on your listing on the inventory page....I saved my link as they are hidden once sold

But your build will almost certainly be HW4 looking at your VIN

BTW black w cream interior and 21s will look beautiful.....I ultimately went with black interior as my wife preferred it and its her DD but it was a tough call I do think the cream is really classy

Reactions: JackSpa
The old glass roof is fairly dark and has almost a green tint to it.

The new glass roof, if it's like the Y, won't be as dark and without the green tint.

I assume it's the in-house made version like on the Y. The old one was sourced from Gorilla Glass IIRC.

Amazing tech TBH, the glass roof is structural and actually stronger than an aluminum roof like most sedans.

Reactions: suyoungman
The old one was sourced from Gorilla Glass IIRC. Amazing tech TBH, the glass roof is structural and actually stronger than an aluminum roof like most sedans.
I can attest to that. I had a huge eucalyptus tree fall on mine while driving by and the aluminum roof structure was smashed in but the glass roof only had minor chipping along the side edge while the windshield was smashed through on the passenger side (which was luckily unoccupied at the time).

Marc

So I JUST got off the phone with the local Operation Manager for the Service Center here in Houston. I pick up my car on Friday and got a confirmation email that I replied to. In that email, I asked very specific questions, and he answered generically after saying that he was willing to talk by phone if I had any questions.

1678907942824.png

Needless to say, he replied and I eventually got on the phone.

1678907994413.png

He confirmed that the car in deed has the new camera, new radar and something about no USS as its replaced by this radar, new computer and new roof though it will need a software to activate some of the standard self drive features. He said that one of the main ways you can identify the HW4 cars is that if it is made in 2023, the red calpers on the Model S Plaid cars.

He mentioned that there are some HW4 card that are in stock but they are being forces to hold them from corporate for an unshared reason. They are releasing hold on those vehicles after they push software updates to it at the SC then dates for delivery gets opened for the chosing to the purchaser.

"Our latest features and hardware"

That does not answer your well worded and specific question. What is latest?

I have been told that SA will not confirm the new radar hardware because it may not be working or even installed.

I think however, you will be fine, so many cars are going out with the new hardware codes.

Good luck on Friday. Remember to look under the car for scrapes!

RE: Greeney. You are so correct regarding the chat "advisors" as they seem to have the same or less knowledge than the members on this forum.
Hopefully your vehicle has the latest updates...as in "early February build" ...please keep us posted and good luck with your upcoming delivery.

Question for the group:

I am trading my 21 S that came with two card keys and two fobs. I understand that the cars now come without the fobs. Can I keep the fobs and reprogram for the new 23 S? Will they require that I turn them in?

Thanks for the help!!

Reactions: Greeney
Question for the group:

I am trading my 21 S that came with two card keys and two fobs. I understand that the cars now come without the fobs. Can I keep the fobs and reprogram for the new 23 S? Will they require that I turn them in?

Thanks for the help!!
That's news to me. I was told they did not come with fobs and even a parcel shelf was extra, and I called bs on that. I got my stuff when I pushed back.

No mention on the order page that fobs are extra.

Seems crazy to me that they are booking pick-up appointments when the car is still on the production line. I know they are producing these at a serious rate of knots and can’t afford for them to pile up anywhere, but in the time I was there about an hour or so, only 1 person picked up a car. This is Fremont btw.

Reactions: mm9351