Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems crazy to me that they are booking pick-up appointments when the car is still on the production line. I know they are producing these at a serious rate of knots and can’t afford for them to pile up anywhere, but in the time I was there about an hour or so, only 1 person picked up a car. This is Fremont btw.
Maybe piling up in the infamous dusty lot by the tracks, like the last refresh?

"History does not repeat itself, but it does often rhyme"

Mark Twain

Hi there. Long time owner of various 3s and Ys. Just bought the MSLR with round steering wheel. I know nothing about the S and would appreciate guidance on what to look for so I'm picking up the latest version with radar, HW4, glass roof, etc.

I'm happy to go through this thread but that's a lot of pages. Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

Seems crazy to me that they are booking pick-up appointments when the car is still on the production line. I know they are producing these at a serious rate of knots and can’t afford for them to pile up anywhere, but in the time I was there about an hour or so, only 1 person picked up a car. This is Fremont btw.
Good observation, as Tesla can fulfill end of quarter deliveries more efficiently with direct shipping to the local service centers without stockpiling them in lots outside their factories or other storage sites. And it also eliminates additional shipping costs. Here in NY the local service center is delivering up to 20 vehicles on a given day (all models). Tesla is pulling out all the stops to meet the March 31 milestone. I would bet that anyone currently in the queue with a March delivery will take delivery before 3/31. From the W4Tesla "Waiting For Tesla" site, it shows that California, Texas, Florida, and Illinois have the highest inventory levels, Across the entire country and over the last week, Model S inventories have been fluctuating between 250 and 300 units. Ideally the inventories should be at their lowest levels by the end of the quarter to make room for the new influx of production vehicles.

Hw4 or Hw3, new glass , old glass , no glass.. give me the damn car!! I am gonna hit the 2nd anniversary of waiting.. as long as it doesn’t breakdown on road, I am happy 😂😂

Unless..

They are releasing flying mode ( even better if it can jump ( maybe some hinges there 🤤🤤 ) up from the middle of the traffic ) in the next quarter 😂😂 page 4680 coming soon 🎉🎉🎊🎊🥶🥶🎉🎉🎊🎊
Yup, I hope you'll get it sooner than later. Maybe it will even be the "refresh" one .... version 300 refresh.

• Funny
Reactions: Vikings_DK
Hi there. Long time owner of various 3s and Ys. Just bought the MSLR with round steering wheel. I know nothing about the S and would appreciate guidance on what to look for so I'm picking up the latest version with radar, HW4, glass roof, etc.

I'm happy to go through this thread but that's a lot of pages. Can anyone give me a quick rundown?
Do you have a VIN? If so...

Find the factory build date by looking at the order page image source code or ask the SA.

If after March 5 you will should have the latest version.

Most important is to give the car a thorough inspection, Make sure your SA knows the car must be opened before you accept delivery.

That's news to me. I was told they did not come with fobs and even a parcel shelf was extra, and I called bs on that. I got my stuff when I pushed back.

No mention on the order page that fobs are extra.
No fobs anymore. Just two card keys. But they want you to use the phone as the key..... So if you valet your car, you give them your phone as well....

Fobs are $175 each. Yes. $175 for the key to the car.

Attachments

• B72BE9E7-4F17-407A-867D-61DFD059B2E8.gif
    B72BE9E7-4F17-407A-867D-61DFD059B2E8.gif
    2 MB · Views: 125
No fobs anymore. Just two card keys. But they want you to use the phone as the key..... So if you valet your car, you give them your phone as well....

Fobs are $175 each. Yes. $175 for the key to the car.
Is this listed on the order page somewhere? I still suspect the Store is playing loose with the truth.

If so, this is a real D*** move on Tesla's part

Last Summer when I noted my car did not have fobs they said I did not need them. I insisted on it, and they magically found some.

Reactions: jrr6415sun
That horn button stinks of cost savings at the expense of customer experience. I drove my wife's new '23 Model X back to back with her old '19 Model X. Aside from the air bag cover being larger, it's much more expensive-looking than the current iteration.

I stole this pic from the internet. Sorry for the low res. IMO the new cover is a real bummer. And now that I see the worm, I'm more annoyed about it.

images

Is this listed on the order page somewhere? I still suspect the Store is playing loose with the truth.

If so, this is a real D*** move on Tesla's part

Last Summer when I noted my car did not have fobs they said I did not need them. I insisted on it, and they magically found some.
I bought a fob for the wife's '23 Model X off eBay for $130. Still stupid we don't get them with the car, but cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrr6415sun