Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got to thoroughly look inside and outside the car before picking up today. Has the new sunroof which is light like the Y roof but seems to still offer good sun protection, much improved. Steering wheel feels great to my hands and doesn't block the binnacle. Has the vein but it's not too pronounced. The "red dot" 5mp cameras are so noticeably better my wife (who doesn't care much) commented on the drive home when showed the blind spot when indicating.

Flaws? One of the internal window gaskes driver's side rear has a droopy part and they predictably gave some mirroring swirls on the door from the "detail". Both should be an easy fix so I took the car as it was otherwise pretty solid re panel alignment, no damage and no seat wrinkles. Amazingly no scrapes under the front bumper either. March 10 birthdate. There was another on the lot with very bad taillight alignment, mine is perfectly acceptable to me.

Overall loving the car. Getting it tinted tomorrow, 35% all round. I'll try to post pics tomorrow but be forewarned, they'll suck.

Got to thoroughly look inside and outside the car before picking up today. Has the new sunroof which is light like the Y roof but seems to still offer good sun protection, much improved.
Probably the most useful part of this refresh
Flaws? One of the internal window gaskes driver's side rear has a droopy part
You can fix this. There is a rebate or gap near the radius of the gasket for some 3M UHB /VHB foam tape. Probably lazy line worker misplaced it.

Buy a roll from Lowes or Homeless Despot, you will probably need it elsewhere eventually like frunk clips, badges, etc.

Probably the most useful part of this refresh

You can fix this. There is a rebate or gap near the radius of the gasket for some 3M UHB /VHB foam tape. Probably lazy line worker misplaced it.

Buy a roll from Lowes or Homeless Despot, you will probably need it elsewhere eventually like frunk clips, badges, etc.

Thank you, this is a useful tidbit.

Agreed on the roof, I'll snap a pic of that en route to tint shop...

It’s amazing how this company always manages to drop the ball.

Delivery was supposed to be Thursday. I get a message on Wednesday saying the car is somewhere else and it would be moved to Saturday.

Now they’re telling me they don’t even know when I will get the car. Why would you force me to complete the order if you can’t deliver on time?

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
It’s amazing how this company always manages to drop the ball.

Delivery was supposed to be Thursday. I get a message on Wednesday saying the car is somewhere else and it would be moved to Saturday.

Now they’re telling me they don’t even know when I will get the car. Why would you force me to complete the order if you can’t deliver on time?
This is normal. Not acceptable, but is normal. Hang in there just a couple more days.

Thank you, this is a useful tidbit.

Agreed on the roof, I'll snap a pic of that en route to tint shop...
This is the problem area I fixed...

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_131747206.jpg
    IMG_20220530_131747206.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 134
This is the problem area I fixed...
EXACT same problem, thank you for posting. I can post my twin issue when I get it back from tint.

Here's the new roof pic from my car as promised, taken at 9am this morning. Seems it's gone from c.2% to c.10% VLT. Both pics taken inside looking out though the new roof glass. Can see the difference in the first pic to the side windows which are clear.

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 96
Ordered 3/8; MSLR; round wheel; 21”; Ultra Red; Had an issue with co-applicant in registration (my wife) - the system didn’t work as needed and it took nearly a week to get this added; worried that this may delay by a week my assignment; also note: if you have a Tesla and an account/app, make sure your $250 deposit if using Apple Pay is recorded with the same email that links to your account. If they are different you have to go through a merge account manual process which also takes 3-5 days minimum.

Also i ordered MC Red; it was on 3/9 that they announced the Ultra Red; my SA says i will get Ultra (which i want) but my order agreement a week later still shows MC red.)

As of today, still no trade amount (received a trade range prior to ordering, but using the app and putting in pictures, i still do not have a quote yet).

This is my third model S: 2016; 2018 P100D; now 2023 MSLR.

Last edited:
Ordered 3/8; MSLR; round wheel; 21”; Ultra Red; Had an issue with co-applicant in registration (my wife) - the system didn’t work as needed and it took nearly a week to get this added; worried that this may delay by a week my assignment; also note: if you have a Tesla and an account/app, make sure your $250 deposit if using Apple Pay is recorded with the same email that links to your account. If they are different you have to go through a merge account manual process which also takes 3-5 days minimum.

Also i ordered MC Red; it was on 3/9 that they announced the Ultra Red; my SA says i will get Ultra (which i want) but my order agreement a week later still shows MC red.)

As of today, still no trade amount (received a trade range prior to ordering, but using the app and putting in pictures, i still do not have a quote yet).

This is my third model S: 2016; 2018 P100D; now 2023 MSLR.
Brace yourself for the insult trade amount you’re about to get. I got 12.100k for a 2019 model 3 performance with 70,000 miles and better than new condition.

EXACT same problem, thank you for posting. I can post my twin issue when I get it back from tint.

Here's the new roof pic from my car as promised, taken at 9am this morning. Seems it's gone from c.2% to c.10% VLT. Both pics taken inside looking out though the new roof glass. Can see the difference in the first pic to the side windows which are clear.
Love the clarity, but honestly prefer my darker glass. Opens to aftermarket tint. What about visibility from the exterior looking in? Is it pretty see through?

Reactions: Duke846 and GrnSqrl

What are your thoughts about heat transmission compared to the older dark glass?
I suspect Cali is like Sydney- very f hot in summer in direct sunlight.
The original metallic tinted windscreens were MUCH better at blocking heat than the current, now I have to worry about the roof as well....

No Plaid pickup for me today. Flat rear tire on delivery, tire would take a week. I offered to swap for my same wheels (19 Tempest). Did the swap and alignment was jacked. The tried to blame the tires. I suspect some sort of hit in transit which resulting in the flat and alignment issue. I rejected the VIN and they found a similar car in transit. 507XXX vin instead of my 505XXX. Build date March 11. I agreed to take that car. Should arrive in a week or so. Waste of a few hours but risk of a damaged suspension was not worth it.