Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you tell me how to do this? I have dug that info from inventory cars, where it’s in source code. But unable to find build date for my car (hidden vin in the source code). SA wouldn’t tell me the build date at the store.
Well, that's BS on the part of the Seldom Accurate person. Tell them you want the exact birthdate and location or you are going to cancel.

If you have a VIN, you should have an image in your account. Right click on the image and view source code. Then search for "factorygate" or "FactoryGated" and you should find the birthday.

You should not have to do this. Make the SA do their job.

• Helpful
Reactions: AMPd and zoomer0056
Good morning delivery friends :) So, I have a continuing delivery frustration that I wanted to share with those waiting for their new Model S's.

Quick backstory: I ordered in January, took a Model S that was in stock in February, it had been damaged and then fixed. At delivery I noted 7 items that needed repair. Tesla said they would repair them.

Here we are, now in June. Still, I have items that are not repaired. I have had the vehicle in service three times, accrued nearly a month's time in the shop where I just don't know what they are doing. They have had the car for days at a time and there are no apparent changes. They say the items are fixed, then I look, and they are not.

At this point, they are now starting to use the term "within spec". They are evaluating the issues and saying that they are now acceptable, even though they were noted at the time of sale as issues that could be repaired. I was borderline with the car when I bought it. I was given $10k off (which matched the price drop that happened weeks later) and I figured I could deal with a few small issues, and a few repairs for the discount.

Having done some research, when a dealer does this; promises a repair at the time of sale, and then says it is not necessary after the sale is completed it falls under "Failure to disclose material facts at the time of sale". I will just have to wait and see where Tesla goes with this... hopefully they just figure out how to fix the issues and I don't get to take this to a legal battle...

Know that even after you accept delivery of a vehicle, if Tesla decides to change their mind about how they are going to handle an issue, you as the customer have rights too, and it may be time to drop the car off and request to be put back on the waiting list.

Also, if anyone has an stories or advice I am all ears.

on delivery day noticed carbon fiber trim on one of the doors and a significant glass defect on the same door. I ended up rejecting the car. I am a huge fan of Tesla but at some point they need to look deeper into their quality issues. How this left the factory and passed inspection at the SC is difficult to comprehend.
Both the glass and the wrong panel is so bad that it feels like someone joking.
But its not fun.

Was thinking of ordering a S Plaid but after a little digging it is not even close due to numerous issues with appearently no quality control.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I ordered 6/1 on East coast. Vin assigned 6/7 or 6/8. May depend on color and specs? Stated delivery 6/21 - 6/28 but we’ll see….

I'd start pinging the SA to find out the build date. Hopefully not too close to end of quarter or an inventory car.

With a total span time of less than a month, that would be beyond belief a year ago.

If I had your situation when I took delivery last year, I would have rejected the car I bought and reordered.