Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just got an email … my EDD changed to “9/24 - 9/30” as of today 👍🏻 need to start shopping for floor mats now …
My MSP delivery has just been confirmed to Monday, 9/25 in Smithtown, NY ... good thing I've got the floor mats ;-)
PPF + Ceramic coating scheduled to 9/27. The MSP will be fun to drive until the Alfa Romeo Giulia EV (Quadrifoglio trim?) is out in about 2 years ... maybe I'll get my tri-motor Cybertruck by then? I keep forgetting I have that on order ... Cheers!

Ordered a Plaid Red/white interior on 9/10 (no trade in/loan). Dates for me say sept 27-30th which I don't think will be true as I have no VIN yet. I ordered a model 3 performance last year in July that went through a similar process. Estimated delivery date was always Oct-November however randomly got a delivery date of sept 29th.

It’s really interesting how the order to delivery time has evolved the last two weeks. In my case:
Order date: 9/2
VIN date: 9/6
Pickup schedule comms: 9/6 (for week of 9/11, requested weekend)
Pickup date: 9/9 (car was a 9/2023 build)
Order config: MS LR Blue/Cream/19”/steering wheel
Payment: cash
Trade-in: no

I wonder if the longer timelines are for plaid alone .

Pulled the trigger on a Ultra Red MSP. Currently have my '19 M3P stealth to trade-in. Car G u r u s refused to consider it. T is giving me 28K, I think they'll lowball me when it's delivery time since the estimated delivery is Oct-Nov. Any suggestions on where I can sell it for a better price?

On the way to work I saw a white MSP this morning on the hwy. It looked great but kinda plain looking tho...maybe it's because the windows were not tinted and the seats were white so no contrast. I did an exhausted search for photos of the MS with the different colors, then I saw on YT a drone footage of the MSP in ultra red and it looked RIGHT!! So, that was my deciding factor. Gonna order some 19s from t s p o r t l i n e, there's a 10% disc + free shipping that ends this Friday 9/22.

Reactions: CleanDemon
1695265418386.png

Here's the 19s I'm planning to get. I figure since the spokes are thin the red calipers will stand out more + the gloss black will match the gloss of the ultra red paint + since its gloss black brake dust may not cling to it as easy as a matte black finish + when the tires are clean and have the 'armor all' look, it's hard to tell where the wheel ends and the tires start, so, it won't look undersized in comparison to a 20" or 21".

Reactions: ExtraPav
Pulled the trigger on a Ultra Red MSP. Currently have my '19 M3P stealth to trade-in. Car G u r u s refused to consider it. T is giving me 28K, I think they'll lowball me when it's delivery time since the estimated delivery is Oct-Nov. Any suggestions on where I can sell it for a better price?

On the way to work I saw a white MSP this morning on the hwy. It looked great but kinda plain looking tho...maybe it's because the windows were not tinted and the seats were white so no contrast. I did an exhausted search for photos of the MS with the different colors, then I saw on YT a drone footage of the MSP in ultra red and it looked RIGHT!! So, that was my deciding factor. Gonna order some 19s from t s p o r t l i n e, there's a 10% disc + free shipping that ends this Friday 9/22.
Carmax, carvana, vroom, kbb, edmunds, and some other local to your state sites will all offer you instant trade quotes.
They will be valid for 7 days and 250 miles. You can generate another quote while active or expired. Try these.
For me the first 3 mentioned were rhe best and highest price points and i went with Carmax when i turned in my 2020 X3 M40.

View attachment 975770

Here's the 19s I'm planning to get. I figure since the spokes are thin the red calipers will stand out more + the gloss black will match the gloss of the ultra red paint + since its gloss black brake dust may not cling to it as easy as a matte black finish + when the tires are clean and have the 'armor all' look, it's hard to tell where the wheel ends and the tires start, so, it won't look undersized in comparison to a 20" or 21".
Would you be able share a link to this please? Or name/model?

Looks like you need a new username.