Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep Checking. Mine happened at 9pm 9/26. I checked it one last time before going to bed. Once they start requiring info, it comes fast. Get your insurance in line. I was shocked to see the price of that one. They will then go to the payment area where you can go down the cash or financing path. I have a feeling if you knock these out quickly the car will be delivered on the early side of that date range- But not sure.

We will see.

Checking all day.

Waiting waiting... I mean it hasn't been very long for me haha. Less than 2 weeks since order.

I'm using Tesla insurance right now and can't add the vehicle until delivery date assigned. Can't see price yet. I expect to get smacked by excitement when I get the date and then immediately smacked by the price moments later.

Well it's not just that - I didn't provide another picture, but the paint is so thick it actually "dimples" near the driver's side camera. It's just really on thick on this fender. Do you think I should let them sand and buff or just get the part replaced. The new fender will come pre-painted. My brother in law made a good point regarding the fit and finish if the new part and how it may not look exactly like the rest of the car. He advised me to go ahead and just have them attempt the wet sand and buff first.
Hey guys. Sorry to rehash - looking for honest opinions. I'm taking the car in on Monday for the excess paint on the driver's side fender. Should I have them a.) repaint fender/bumper, b.) swap out the fender with a prepainted oem replacement, or c.) let them try to clean it up a bit at the body shop. They told me if C fails, then I have the option of A or B.

Hey guys. Sorry to rehash - looking for honest opinions. I'm taking the car in on Monday for the excess paint on the driver's side fender. Should I have them a.) repaint fender/bumper, b.) swap out the fender with a prepainted oem replacement, or c.) let them try to clean it up a bit at the body shop. They told me if C fails, then I have the option of A or B.
I wonder if this has anthing to do with the fact that White and Red Teslas are Dual Coat? I would be afraid of Wet sanding as to do it deep enough will remove the ClearCoat. Perhaps they have a way to add Clear and level it- I'm not sure. How about taking thos Pics to another Body shop and ask them if Wet Sanding this is a fix/option. If not, eliminate C. I would then go with B.) Swap out with prepainted OEM and inspect it under different lighting. If that doesn't work repaint.

Best of Luck!

BTW, I have a White/White/Blk MSP coming in a week or so.

Reactions: Bull
I accepted delivery two days ago on a MSP Ultra red , wheel, 19" in Libertyville Illinois, I live in Wisconsin. We cant buy Tesla's here LOL. Manufacture date was 9/23. Software version was 2023.26.100. Spent 1/2 hour going over car before delivery. They let me take all the time I needed to go over the car inside and out with the car keys. Everything was good except for two really small paint chips on the passenger rear rocker. It was noted and photo'd for a service visit to fix before delivery. Service for that scheduled for Early October by my Tesla delivery guy. Since it had been raining and hard to see imperfections I didnt see the biggest flaw which was a 3" scrape on the paint on the front hood. I'm not able to note this in the Tesla service area on the app, as I already have a service set for the little chips. I dont think it can be buffed and is through the clear coat. Whatever happens from end of manufacturing to picking the car up? Not enough oversight there? Otherwise everything appears really good. I think the problems I'm seeing came from after the car left Tesla, IE damage from carelessness in the transport/delivery.

I'm at 48 hours from delivery and can find no way to report the issue though the app or online?
I assume you can’t make a service request but can you send service a message in the app?
Worst case you could go to Libertyville again. Ultra red would be tough to match. I don’t think I would want a touch up or local repaint.

I accepted delivery two days ago on a MSP Ultra red , wheel, 19" in Libertyville Illinois, I live in Wisconsin. We cant buy Tesla's here LOL. Manufacture date was 9/23. Software version was 2023.26.100. Spent 1/2 hour going over car before delivery. They let me take all the time I needed to go over the car inside and out with the car keys. Everything was good except for two really small paint chips on the passenger rear rocker. It was noted and photo'd for a service visit to fix before delivery. Service for that scheduled for Early October by my Tesla delivery guy. Since it had been raining and hard to see imperfections I didnt see the biggest flaw which was a 3" scrape on the paint on the front hood. I'm not able to note this in the Tesla service area on the app, as I already have a service set for the little chips. I dont think it can be buffed and is through the clear coat. Whatever happens from end of manufacturing to picking the car up? Not enough oversight there? Otherwise everything appears really good. I think the problems I'm seeing came from after the car left Tesla, IE damage from carelessness in the transport/delivery.
Call the service center or message them with photos so they can add the concerns without changing your date.

If you look under the car, you might see more damage from delivery...

Reactions: TSLA Pilot