Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great day.

Just ordered a 20’ MSP - 21”, fsd, white/black. Super excited to pick it up soon. Is there a recommended checklist anywhere? It’s my first time buying a car.

For used cars, are you guys usually adding ppf or anything?

What’s considered not acceptable at pickup that I should look for ? Ie scuffed/imperfect seat, misaligned door/frunk, noticable scratches (I assume they fill these in for free?)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help this noob out :)
A used car is just that, used. Whatever scratches or minor wear defects are with the understanding that it was used. I wouldn’t expect them to do much if anything about cosmetics on a used car near 4 years old.

Too bad I don't have FUSC. Also, I spend <$100 a year on supercharging, so I never understood the big deal.
If you use it daily then it's valuable. I seem to charge 500kw/month for free. With the cheapest rate that would be ~$80 per month. $1000 a year. With road trips it can go to $1200-1300.
Still FSD transfer was better deal for people who valued it. $12000 upfront.

2022s are better built in my experience. My 2021 was so poorly built it was bought back by Tesla. Panel gaps are much better on the 2022s but Tesla still has work to do.
Sorry your 2021 was not to your liking. As one can logically surmise, the year of build is not really a determining measure of the quality of the car. There are great 2021‘s, like mine and shitty ones like you bought. Then, as a lot of individuals will attest, there are crappy 2022’s and good one like you ended up with. Seems to me to be the story of every car, make and brand. But I certainly agree that Tesla has a lot of quality control issues and needs to address them. O

Reactions: aerodyne
I'm about 600 miles into my plaid now.

I think my original clunk clunk noises were from the J1772 adapter in the frunk flying around. Did not know they put it there... didn't try to reproduce by moving it to a spot where it would fly again though.

Did something unexpected today. I drove my wife's Expedition and hit the volume down button on the steering wheel thinking it was turn signal indicator hah. Guess I'm used to it.

Still haven't launched it with cheetah mode...

• Funny
Reactions: narth327
I just had to reject my model s plaid. Trunk was soooooo poorly aligned. Scratch on hood. Door big chip out of side.

They said they were going to fix it all right then. Came back and said “actually we can’t fix the trunk alignment. That will have to go to a 3rd party body shop to have that fixed and will just take about 3 weeks. At the same time we can have that body shop respray your passenger door”

F that. Who buys $100k car and has it immediately sent to a body shop for 3 weeks? The guy said it with a straight face too. Almost impressive
Good on you for rejecting.