Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stealth-grey-s-1.jpeg

I ordered LR S in Midnight Silver on 19 October.

Yesterday, I received email with subject, "Confirming Your Model S Update". I read that as a simple re-confirmation of my order until I noticed the color is now Stealth Grey.

Tesla a little stealthy about the change on existing order...

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Can you elucidate a bit on what you did to get the best out of it at the track? I'm thinking about taking my Plaid out soon and am eating enough crow already for selling my Redeye Hellcat to get this thing. I need to represent with something in the 9's for sure.
Here’s what I was told by my buddy who is a test driver for Tesla.

Ok so,

Drag strip mode

Cabin hvac off

Let it sit for 10-15 mins after it says “ready” because it will continue to condition and cool the drive units

Front tires you can drop to 32-34psi and pickup a little traction

As you pull past the burnout box, I jab the throttle aggressively a couple times just to try to chirp the tires and clean any junk off of them

Then you should be good! The car will do 9.2-9.3 down to about 80% SOC”

In addition to this I got it in cheetah stance. My first trip I couldn’t figure it out but I wasn’t pushing hard enough on the brake. You gotta really push it down. Get staged early because it takes its sweet time preparing to launch.

Weird that some folks get pushed back while others like myself get pushed forward.

Got a message the other day that my car is ready four days early and asking if I wanted to reschedule an earlier delivery date.

I guess my car must have already been built before I ordered it, cause less than three weeks from order to delivery seems too little time to build and ship an MSP from scratch. 🤷‍♂️

Weird that some folks get pushed back while others like myself get pushed forward.

Got a message the other day that my car is ready four days early and asking if I wanted to reschedule an earlier delivery date.

I guess my car must have already been built before I ordered it, cause less than three weeks from order to delivery seems too little time to build and ship an MSP from scratch. 🤷‍♂️
Or, it could be someone’s rejection

lol we'll find out Monday at 11am ... bringing the very helpful checklist that was available on the forum.

Even if it isn't someone else's rejection, based on other people's experiences it still has no more than a 50/50 shot of getting past my ocd issues. First time I've ever gone into a delivery situation almost expecting to not have a car at the end of it. Hopefully it will be fine, and if it isn't I'll pass on it as I have other cars I can drive.

I worry more about the things that I can't see that may strand me on my 200 mile drive home.

ETA: I'm surprised there isn't a database where folks can put in the VINs of the cars they rejected and why. Or maybe there is and I haven't located it.

Ordered MSLR 10/18, Estimated Delivery Nov 13-Dec18. Hopefully a chance for 2024 VIN, but no worries if not!

lol we'll find out Monday at 11am ... bringing the very helpful checklist that was available on the forum.

Even if it isn't someone else's rejection, based on other people's experiences it still has no more than a 50/50 shot of getting past my ocd issues. First time I've ever gone into a delivery situation almost expecting to not have a car at the end of it. Hopefully it will be fine, and if it isn't I'll pass on it as I have other cars I can drive.

I worry more about the things that I can't see that may strand me on my 200 mile drive home.

ETA: I'm surprised there isn't a database where folks can put in the VINs of the cars they rejected and why. Or maybe there is and I haven't located it.
Do you mind sharing a link to the checklist? Thanks!

Reactions: zoomer0056