Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MSLR 10/18, Estimated Delivery Nov 13-Dec18. Hopefully a chance for 2024 VIN, but no worries if not!

Do you mind sharing a link to the checklist? Thanks!

There's a downloadable PDF at the bottom of the opening post so you can print it out and have it with you at delivery. đź‘Ť

There's a downloadable PDF at the bottom of the opening post so you can print it out and have it with you at delivery. đź‘Ť

You're the best, thank you!

Reactions: soulsea
lol we'll find out Monday at 11am ... bringing the very helpful checklist that was available on the forum.

Even if it isn't someone else's rejection, based on other people's experiences it still has no more than a 50/50 shot of getting past my ocd issues. First time I've ever gone into a delivery situation almost expecting to not have a car at the end of it. Hopefully it will be fine, and if it isn't I'll pass on it as I have other cars I can drive.

I worry more about the things that I can't see that may strand me on my 200 mile drive home.

ETA: I'm surprised there isn't a database where folks can put in the VINs of the cars they rejected and why. Or maybe there is and I haven't located it.
They build in batch based on color and configuration. Wouldn’t go assuming reject based on some forum Assumptions. The majority have had little to no issues and I would bet yours will be the same. Congrats.

Dammit @ks1972 ... now I have PTDSD, Pre Tesla Delivery Stress Disorder. :(

I might have also overdone it with my extension cord.

It's ten time thicker than the Tesla charger cable and is less flexible than political dogma.
I think it’s going to be okay. Three new cars I’ve picked up from Tesla service centers have all been okay. As long as you’re not measuring panel gaps with a ruler, you will be fine. It has not taken more than 15 minutes for me to pick up a car and 2 of them were inventory cars.
I was more disappointed in realizing that 2023 Model 3 performance didn’t come with homelink or license plate holder than this little paint defect. Life is too short, so don’t waste your time on little things
IMG_1977.jpeg

Weird that some folks get pushed back while others like myself get pushed forward.

Got a message the other day that my car is ready four days early and asking if I wanted to reschedule an earlier delivery date.

I guess my car must have already been built before I ordered it, cause less than three weeks from order to delivery seems too little time to build and ship an MSP from scratch. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I'd check extremely carefully. Likely someone else's reject.

Reactions: soulsea
Reactions: zoomer0056
Yeah, I'd check extremely carefully. Likely someone else's reject.

Is there a way to tell by build date if the car has had time to be offered and rejected to someone else?

Meaning if my build date is within say the last 'x' months it is by definition a first time attempted delivery?

For example if my car war was built early September, could it still be someone else's reject?

Is there a way to tell by build date if the car has had time to be offered and rejected to someone else?

Meaning if my build date is within say the last 'x' months it is by definition a first time attempted delivery?

For example if my car war was built early September, could it still be someone else's reject?
It'll either be a reject or a deal that fell through for some other reason (original person couldn't secure financing etc)

It'll either be a reject or a deal that fell through for some other reason (original person couldn't secure financing etc)

There's only so many configurations on an MSP. I was under the impression that they're building them trying to meet their numbers and lowered the prices because they had excess inventory sitting around in lots. If so couldn't my car also be one of those that explains the three week window from order to delivery?

If someone isn't offering a Tesla delivery inspection service then it's a business waiting to be created. I would gladly pay a company $500 to do a pre delivery inspection on my car before I purchase it.

Dammit @ks1972 ... now I have PTDSD, Pre Tesla Delivery Stress Disorder. :(

I might have also overdone it with my extension cord.

It's ten time thicker than the Tesla charger cable and is less flexible than political dogma.

But at least you are on your way to recovery with no more EDD, Endless Delivery Disorder.

I have a similar cord, in use for 5+ years, rated for 50A continuous, but never pull more than 32A.

Interesting. If it’s already in the service manual I wonder if they’re already being installed in cars (or perhaps it’s a retrofit they plan to offer, kinda like the track package?)

None of the service procedures have a full image of the seat, but this image in the airbag replacement procedure gives you an idea of the shape

1698640313385.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: narth327
Build date first week of October then shipped to NC. I’m guessing it’s unlikely it’s someone else’s reject. 🤷‍♂️

We’re not off to a roaring start as apparently they noticed it had a flat tire. Waiting for them to bring it out of service for me to inspect it … let’s see how this goes.

Build date first week of October then shipped to NC. I’m guessing it’s unlikely it’s someone else’s reject. 🤷‍♂️

We’re not off to a roaring start as apparently they noticed it had a flat tire. Waiting for them to bring it out of service for me to inspect it … let’s see how this goes.
Not bad. That seems about right. Mine was built Oct 19, delivered Nov 10.

Make sure you use one of the delivery checklists to check everything over. It would be great if they let you drive it to check for the 80 mph vibration, but that seems unlikely. You'll almost certainly have the 40-50 mph vibration on startup, and the continuous 40-50 mph vibration will develop later, after about 3000 miles or so. But, there might be a fix for that coming.

Reactions: WilliamG

It's exciting never the less. Congrats. Any pictures?