Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of ordering MS LR and I want the 21 inch wheels but I heard about those tire issues getting worn out fast. Are those issues resolved?
I would recommend getting stock 19" and use the money saved on wheels to buy aftermarket 21" they are much better value and also cheaper.

Plus you'll also have a set of winter and summer wheels

I am thinking of ordering MS LR and I want the 21 inch wheels but I heard about those tire issues getting worn out fast. Are those issues resolved?
There is no "resolving" the issue. They are 21" tires and they will wear like any other heavy car on 21" tires. The X has 22" and wear just as much, if not more. If you are worried about tire wear, you need to go 19" or 20", or go a path like @cg_11 recommended. But even after market 21" will wear as much as OEM, you are just saving money at the purchase.

You need to install camber shims or camber arms to reduce the camber. That's the only way to solve the tire wear issue. I'd get 19" wheels and then upgrade to 20s later. I really like the look of the track pack wheels.

Reactions: Yelobird
There is no "resolving" the issue. They are 21" tires and they will wear like any other heavy car on 21" tires. The X has 22" and wear just as much, if not more. If you are worried about tire wear, you need to go 19" or 20", or go a path like @cg_11 recommended. But even after market 21" will wear as much as OEM, you are just saving money at the purchase.
You can resolve the issue by getting adjustable arms and getting a good alignment. Then you won't wear the inside edges excessively fast.

@cg_11 and @cwanja thank you both, Will save money and go with the 19s

Reactions: cg_11 and AMPd
Hi All, new member here. Sold my 2013 model S about a month ago before finding out about the free supercharging transfer (saaaaad).

Ordered MSLR 10/2
Stealth Grey
Black interior
Yoke
EDD 11/1 - 11/20, No VIN yet.
With the vastly greater range, and greater efficiency (see my sig) you will SuC far less.

If you get a '24 VIN, that will make up for the loss of FUSC.

Reactions: zoomer0056
The wear I've seen on the 21" wheels is abnormal, certainly not "just like any other heavy car on 21s". Seems to be a fairly abrupt sidewall separation despite.

• Helpful
Reactions: chukieboy
I have the same date and same car. In Los Angeles. Hoping this will result in a 2024. It has been getting pushed out one day for the last week since it updated the EDD.
Nice! I'm in LA as well. I was hoping the change to Stealth Grey was the sign we switched to 24 VINs, but looks like that may not be the case. My EDD keeps updating with the current day until the 20th. We'll see....