Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, but it could just be an emotional thing ... or not. If you're looking to buy one or the other Tesla car, both are the same except for the model year, I would bet that you would NOT buy the old car.
I would buy the cheaper car if all other things being equal. A Dec 31st 2017 versus a Jan 1st 2018 model being in identical shape with identical features would come down to price.

You mean before lease is up? I assume either Tesla would fix issues during lease. But at end of lease, much easier to turn car in versus trying to sell a car with major issues.

yes. Middle of a lease. Tesla isn't exactly known for their quality, and if there was an annoying issue like my 80 mph vibration you can't dump it. I had a jaguar XF lease 14 years ago I lost alot of money to get out of because of a wheel vibration that kept happening from bent rims. I just wanted to trade car in and get out of it. Not financially good with a lease

Reactions: teko and dsm363
So you are saying I can’t look at the cars interior or drive it before accepting delivery ?
1. Delivery center. Some allow you to sit inside and check car out. You do not need to make payment or accept delivery. I've bought 6 and done this every time. You cannot drive it.
2. Home delivery. You cannot get in unless you accept car

I just thought of something while putting my pre delivery checklist together. I'm going to order a couple rolls of cheap PPF from Amazon to throw on the car for the drive home. I intend to put PPF on this car after watching what happened to my existing P90D. Trying to coordinate that with unknown delivery date and end of year activities, I think throwing some cheap PPF on bumper, hood, rear fenders etc. would be worth the $30 or so for a couple rolls until I can get it in for PPF. Obviously, if you don't intend on doing any PPF, this is not needed for you.

yes. Middle of a lease. Tesla isn't exactly known for their quality, and if there was an annoying issue like my 80 mph vibration you can't dump it. I had a jaguar XF lease 14 years ago I lost alot of money to get out of because of a wheel vibration that kept happening from bent rims. I just wanted to trade car in and get out of it. Not financially good with a lease
I see. I'm probably wrong about leasing then (never leased a car before). I thought buying a car and selling it 3 years later (new car I mean) was almost always worse off financially.

I just thought of something while putting my pre delivery checklist together. I'm going to order a couple rolls of cheap PPF from Amazon to throw on the car for the drive home. I intend to put PPF on this car after watching what happened to my existing P90D. Trying to coordinate that with unknown delivery date and end of year activities, I think throwing some cheap PPF on bumper, hood, rear fenders etc. would be worth the $30 or so for a couple rolls until I can get it in for PPF. Obviously, if you don't intend on doing any PPF, this is not needed for you.

Not sure that's worth it but up to you of course. If you're concerned, just have a PPF installer you trust work on it right after you get the car. I would just accept delivery of the car and then drive it right there for the PPF. They will have to take off whatever you put on anyway and will correct any issues with paint prior anyway.

Not sure that's worth it but up to you of course. If you're concerned, just have a PPF installer you trust work on it right after you get the car. I would just accept delivery of the car and then drive it right there for the PPF. They will have to take off whatever you put on anyway and will correct any issues with paint prior anyway.
Lol, this will be the equivalent of me saran wrapping my car. Definitely won't be "installing" anything. The place I want to use for PPF are slammed, so I probably won't get in until after the new year.

I think that's a great idea.

Just picked up my white on white LR. I added the spoiler and mud
IMG_2633.jpeg
flaps and rigged something up to prevent the mold smell. I’m very happy with everything overall so far.

Took delivery today. I know there's been a lot of reports of not so great experiences during vehicle delivery but I'm pleased to report that everything went super smooth and the staff at the SC were all great and very helpful. Most importantly, the quality of the vehicle was amazing. It was built a couple of weeks ago. I literally couldn't find any issues at all. And the 25 mile drive home was amazing. This model is so much nicer than my prior 2015 S70D. The turn signal buttons is of course very annoying at first but I'll get used to it. Ride quality was great and very quite and smooth. Autopilot cameras took about 15 minutes to calibrate and then all good. Oh and the free Supercharger transfer came over with no issues. All in all, I had a good experience and this feels like it did back in 2015 when I got my first one. Congrats to all the new owners. Enjoy the great ride!!!