Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my 23 MS LR at the Rockville Service Center over the weekend. Very efficient process almost like picking up your groceries during the pandemic. I took my time looking over the car in their dimly lit garage (which didn’t help). Except for some minor dirty spots which they cleaned up to make sure there was no underlying paint damage the car was pretty much perfect. Hood was slightly misaligned with somewhat uneven gaps right to left which they took note of. Haven’t noticed any other issues yet. Missing stalks are annoying but I knew that before. Loving the car!

Are you guys looking to take advantage of some kind of tax incentive by getting your car in 2023? If you want a 2024, just wait until the 2024 VIN numbers are getting assigned to new vehicles.
No tax incentive for the S. I placed my order on 11/10, thinking prices might go up in NA, right after they raised them in Canada. I assumed the model year changeover would happen mid Nov, like it had happened in several past years. We seem to be having an unusual year, with the changeover a month late.

We'll see what happens this week. My hold expires 12/15. I might have to cancel and reorder. I did get in before the $250 referral bonus went away, but even losing out on $500 would be less than the resale difference between a '23 and a '24. I plan on selling before the warranty runs out, because we've learned owning an S/X can be expensive out of warranty....

No tax incentive for the S. I placed my order on 11/10, thinking prices might go up in NA, right after they raised them in Canada. I assumed the model year changeover would happen mid Nov, like it had happened in several past years. We seem to be having an unusual year, with the changeover a month late.

We'll see what happens this week. My hold expires 12/15. I might have to cancel and reorder. I did get in before the $250 referral bonus went away, but even losing out on $500 would be less than the resale difference between a '23 and a '24. I plan on selling before the warranty runs out, because we've learned owning an S/X can be expensive out of warranty....
If you own your company and you purchase your vehicle under the context of the company, there could be significant tax benefits. Granted, there's a nice chunk of $25K in tax deduction if you get a model X under section 179 for vehicles over 6,000lbs - but even without that, a portion of your purchase can be deducted from your taxes if you use the vehicle for business. Wasn't sure if that was the motivation here.

Reactions: msm859
hmmm... I opted out of arbitration and mailed my letter certified mail. This doesn't look good for me lol

1702316367535.png

Thanks. I’m sure I’ll get used to the turn signal and gear selection situation. But I agree, the horn is one I hope they do fix as promised. Or at least make a factory approved swap.
They better fix the horn situation sooner than later. I honestly would like to know whose bright idea it was to put the horn where they did. I barely escaped getting crunched by someone trying to exit the freeway and running me off the road. I freaked out because I couldn’t find the horn fast enough to alert them. Lucky I had room to get out of the way! 😡

Last edited:
They better fix the horn situation sooner than later. I honestly would like to know whose bright idea it was to but the horn where they did. I barely escaped getting crunched by someone trying to exit the freeway and running me off the road. I freaked out because I couldn’t find the horn fast enough to alert them. Lucky I had room to get out of the way! 😡
Glad you got out of it ok. Yeah, I agree it's an issue but others feel we just need to 'get over it' and adapt. That what has essentially been the standard location for 99+% of cars for the last few decades doesn't mean anything.

But unfortunately the tweet saying all cars from Nov 2021 on had the hardware and all that's needed is a software update was either a lie or just a misinformed post. But the fact they never corrected that statement is an issue. If it wasn't true and they knew it, Tesla should have corrected the misinformation.

Glad you got out of it ok. Yeah, I agree it's an issue but others feel we just need to 'get over it' and adapt. That what has essentially been the standard location for 99+% of cars for the last few decades doesn't mean anything.

But unfortunately the tweet saying all cars from Nov 2021 on had the hardware and all that's needed is a software update was either a lie or just a misinformed post. But the fact they never corrected that statement is an issue. If it wasn't true and they knew it, Tesla should have corrected the misinformation.
Yeah, I can get used to the no stalks but the horn, not so much. Oh well I guess I just continue to drive with eyes on all sides of my head! Thanks for listening to my bitch session.

Reactions: Gpa9504 and dsm363
Maybe this was discussed on here and I missed it, but do all yokes now come updated due to the pealing issue? I also heard that there is a now a "worm" issue where there is a visible line going through the center of the yoke
Worm won't be fixed. That's the tear line to let the airbag out. They could have done a better job hiding it, but it's Tesla. Good enough.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Worm won't be fixed. That's the tear line to let the airbag out. They could have done a better job hiding it, but it's Tesla. Good enough.
I will say the worm on my 11/2023 S (with wheel) seems much less prominent than the worm on my dad’s 06/2022 X (yoke).

Of course it’s ridiculous it’s so prominent in the first place when they managed to hide it on literally every other Tesla.

They better fix the horn situation sooner than later. I honestly would like to know whose bright idea it was to put the horn where they did. I barely escaped getting crunched by someone trying to exit the freeway and running me off the road. I freaked out because I couldn’t find the horn fast enough to alert them. Lucky I had room to get out of the way! 😡
I'm kind of ok with it. I've had a car with horn on buttons off to the side before. In an emergency, the first priority should be reacting with your own driving. Horn is secondary.
Turn signals, meh.

Drive and reverse on the touch screen is the worst, I think. Those should have been buttons.