Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Dealerships cannot sell a new car with an open recall"

That could be the issue. Well, this is going to be a mess.
From the recall notice:

Beginning midday on December 7, 2023, Model S, Model X, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles in production received a software release that incorporates the software remedy.
So cars produced before 12/7/23 will require the delivery center to install the update prior to delivery.

So much for looking forward to the Holiday Update.

What a lump of....coal

I wonder how long I can stay off 2033.44.30?
Probably a long time, but it may turn out that there really isn't much of a reason to.

It doesn't sound to me like they are restricting the use of Autosteer, it seems like it is mainly about enforcing driver attention. (Things like probably requiring people to uncover the in-cabin camera for Autosteer use.)

I find this annoying... I have a rental I'm driving around while I wait for my MS. It's a well equipped Hyundai Santa Fe, while utter garbage and completely gutless, it has some decent lane-keep features. It wanders a bit here and there but it does the AP1 autopilot thing. No lane changes but enough to destress your drive.

On my way home today, I decided to see how long it took the system to nag me to take control back, so I put it on cruise and enabled lane keep and took my hands off the wheel. I waited... and waited... Nothing. It took about 5 minutes before I got a warning to put my hands on the wheel. It was very inconsistent but never went for less than a minute before it nagged me.

I wonder if it's Tesla's naming conventions that they decided to use (Autopilot... Full Self Driving) that has the regulators up in arms. It just seems like a complete double standard. You have pretty crappy vehicles run by software developed by teenagers that is overlooked by regulators however one of the most robust driver assistance technologies in the world today is getting red-penned every day.

/rant

I find this annoying... I have a rental I'm driving around while I wait for my MS. It's a well equipped Hyundai Santa Fe, while utter garbage and completely gutless, it has some decent lane-keep features. It wanders a bit here and there but it does the AP1 autopilot thing. No lane changes but enough to destress your drive.

On my way home today, I decided to see how long it took the system to nag me to take control back, so I put it on cruise and enabled lane keep and took my hands off the wheel. I waited... and waited... Nothing. It took about 5 minutes before I got a warning to put my hands on the wheel. It was very inconsistent but never went for less than a minute before it nagged me.

I wonder if it's Tesla's naming conventions that they decided to use (Autopilot... Full Self Driving) that has the regulators up in arms. It just seems like a complete double standard. You have pretty crappy vehicles run by software developed by teenagers that is overlooked by regulators however one of the most robust driver assistance technologies in the world today is getting red-penned every day.

/rant
Yeah. It’s pretty dumb. I already lost my FSD trial for a week for being told I wasn’t paying attention too many times. It’s really sensitive. I think its the fact they are advertising it as FSD and making such a big deal about the feature that they are drawing all this attention .

Yeah. It’s pretty dumb. I already lost my FSD trial for a week for being told I wasn’t paying attention too many times. It’s really sensitive. I think its the fact they are advertising it as FSD and making such a big deal about the feature that they are drawing all this attention .
Before I sold my 2016 MS, I took it in to have them resolve an issue with MCU2 and they gave me a 2023 MSLR with FSD. I had the car for about 24 hours. FSD was disabled before the car made it back lol. For all of you that are thinking of spending $12,000 on FSD, please please PLEASE go and do a demo drive of a newer MS and experience it for yourself. It does NOT gel with my driving style :D